Muralidhar Girls' College is situated in Kolkata in West Bengal state of India. Established in 1919, and it is affiliated to University of Calcutta, Kolkata. MGC, Kolkata offers 18 courses across 5 streams namely Arts, Education, Media & Mass Communication, Science, Hotel Management and across 2 degrees like BA, BSc.Hostel facility is not available for its students. Additional campus facilities such as AV Lab, Auditorium, Boys Hostel, Canteen, Computer Lab, Fest, Cultural zone, Girls Hostel, Theatre, Library are also there.
- AV Lab
- Boys Hostel
- Computer Lab
- Cultural zone
- Girls Hostel
- Medical Facilities
- Cls. Room
- Practical Labs
- Seminar Hall
MGC, Kolkata Placement
- Counselling services are made available to the students by the Academic Counselling cell of the college. Students are given timely and valuable counselling for their academic, personal, career related and psycho-social issues.
- At the time of admission the students are guided to choose the stream of their choice and are also guided to make the right choice of subject ...
Awards and Rankings
In addition to prizes given to meritorious students on the basis of the results at college and university examinations, the following awards are given:
- Kalyani Sarkar Memorial Prize & Narendranath Sarkar Memorial Prize for the Bengali Honours student securing highest marks in B.A., Part-III Examination.
- Gopal Chandra Ganguly Memorial Prizes for securing highest marks in English Honours in B.A. Part-I and Part-II Examination.
- Sudha Bose Memorial Prize for securing highest marks in Sanskrit honours in B.A. Part-III Examination.
- Acharya Benimadhab Das Memorial Prize for securing highest marks in English Honours in B.A. Part-III Examination.
- Shipra Singha Memorial Award for the student standing first in B.A. General Examination.
- Mrinalini Ghoshal Memorial Prize for the “Best Girl” of the college securing highest marks in Part-II (Honours and General Combined) Examination.
- Mrinalini Ghoshal Memorial Prize for securing highest marks in Tourism and Travel Management in Part-I Examination.
- Phanibhusan Deb Memorial Prize for securing highest marks in Honours among all Honours Students in B.A./B.Sc. Part-III Examination.
- Sushmita Roy Memorial Prize for securing highest marks in Sociology and History in B.A. General Examination.
- Mina Das Memorial Prize for securing highest marks in Bengali Honours in B.A. Part-I, Part-II & Part-III Examination.
- Karunakar Gupta Memorial Prize for securing highest marks in Political Science Honours in Part-III Examination.
- G.C. Chakrabarty Memorial Prize for best student of Sociology Honours in B.A. Part-III Examination.
- Kalyani Chakrabarty Memorial Prize for the best student in Sociology Honours in B.A./B.Sc. Part-III General Examination.
- Brata Dasgupta Memorial Prize for Best Honours Student in B.A./B.Sc. Part-II & Part-III Examination and Best Student
in B.A./B.Sc. Part-III General Examination.
- Jyotirmoy Banerjee Memorial Prize for Best Honours Student in B.A./B.Sc. Part-III Examination and Best Student in B.A./B.Sc. Part-III General Examination.
- Santosh Kr. Chakraborty Memorial Prize for Best Student of Journalism Honours in B.A. Part-III Examination.
- Renuka Chakraborty Memorial Prize for Best Student of Tourism and Travel Management in B.A. Part-III Major Examination.
- Hiranmayee-Jatindra Mohon Mondal Memorial Prize for Best Honours Student in Psychology Honours in B.A./B.Sc. Examination.
- Samarendra Mohon Dhar Memorial Prize for securing 1st, 2nd, & 3rd positions in Essay Writing Competion.
- Banibhusan Dasgupta Memorial Gold Plated Medal donated by Sri Aloke Dasgupta to the Best student of English Honours in B.A. Part III Honours Final Examination in memory of Late Banibhusan Dasgupta, served Muralidhar Girls’ College as a Principal from 1965-1976.
- Banibhusan Dasgupta – Amiyabhusan Dasgupta Memorial Prize donated by Sri Aloke Dasgupta for a meritorious student of B.A. 3rd year General course.
- As an appreciation of the extracurricular activities of the students, special prizes and certificates are also given to them.
- As an appreciation of their outstanding performances in NSS & NCC activities, the students are given special prizes and certificates.
Contact Details of Muralidhar Girls' College, Kolkata
Address:Muralidhar Girls' College P411/14 Gariahat Road Kolkata 700029