National Engineering College - NEC
The college is set amidst sylvan sorroundings against a backdrop of hills and valleys. It has an excellent rural landscap and is far from the madding crowd. It provides an ideal atmosphere for academic pursuits. The college came into being in 1984, duly sanctioned under the delf financing scheme under the Government of Tamilnadu. During the past twenty five years, the college has grown and expanded in a phenomenal way. Today it offers six undergraduate courses and seven post graduate courses and the college is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai & Anna University, Tirunelveli. It is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi and is an institutional member of the Indian Society for Technical Education.
It is accredited by NBA. It offers 7UG, 9PG and several research programmes leading to Ph.D. degrees in all departments. NEC has several centers of excellence and laboratories. The college has signed MoU with research organizations and industries in order to promote closer interaction with other institutions in the areas of technology development, training of students, curriculum updation and development of state-of-art centers. The College has well-equipped laboratories for all branches of engineering and also has close interactions with the leading Industries and IT firms for students training and project works. Due to the excellent academic climate in the campus, UG and PG students of our college enjoy good campus placement prospects.
Functions of Training Counseling and Placement cell :-
• Organizing On / Off campus Interview for the final year students.
• Train the Trainers program for faculty Members.
• In plant training and Project Guidance for students.
• Responsible for Industry Institute Interface activities.
• Career / Personal Counseling sessions for students.
• Organizing Career Guidance sessions, Personality development programs, Workshops and Seminars for students.
• Guiding students for Competitive examinations like GATE, CAT, GMAT.
• Guiding students for Overseas Higher Education.
• Guiding students for other domain like Banking, Defense services and Self Employment.
• Organizing Functional skill Development Program for students.
• Initiates steps for learning foreign language for the students.
• Organizing Placement Preparation Programs, Aptitude Training programs,
Life skills programs, Motivational sessions, Resume Writing, Mock Interview, Mock Group discussion, Employability skills and Communicative English programs for students.
|Number of visiting companies||10|