The National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) is a public trust established in 2006 by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), the regulator of the securities markets in India. The institute carries out a wide range of capacity building activities at various levels aimed at enhancing the quality standards of and increase the participation in the securities markets. The institute’s six schools of excellence and the National Center for Financial Education works in synergy towards professionalized securities markets.
The Six Schools of Excellence:
- School for Certification of Intermediaries (SCI)
- School for Corporate Governance (SCG)
- School for Investor Education and Financial Literacy (SIEFL)
- School for Regulatory Studies and Supervision (SRSS)
- School for Securities Education (SSE)
- School for Securities Information and Research (SSIR)
The National Strategy of Financial Education is being incubated at NISM through the ‘National Center for Financial Education (NCFE)’.
NISM Pictures & Videos
NISM Vision and Mission
To lead, catalyze and deliver educational initiatives to enhance the quality of securities markets.
To engage in capacity building among the stakeholders in the securities markets through financial literacy, professional education, enhancing governance standards and fostering policy research.