Patna Science College - PSC
Patna Science College, a constituent unit of Patna University, was established in 1927. Initially it was opened as the Science Department of Patna University. It began functioning independently from 1928 when its foundation stone was laid by Lord Irwin on 15 November 1928. Since then Patna Science College has been recognized as a Premier Institution of higher learning in science stream in India. The College is centrally located in Patna, the capital of Bihar, occupying an area of approximately 28.32 acres of land containing separate blocks for different science departments. The college has five hostels that include Faraday House, Cavendish House, Newton House, Ramanujam Bhawan and C.V. Raman Hostel named after world famous scientists and mathematician. Besides, there are two playgrounds, gymnasium and an administrative block, which houses the Principal’s Office, College Office, Main Library and Mathematics, English and Hindi Departments. This block also has three big lecture-halls and many practice rooms. Patna Science College has twelve well equipped laboratories, which are located in Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Physics and Zoology Departments. Geology Department has four laboratories while each other department has two laboratories. The main College Library has a rich and varied collection of important books related to Science and Arts. It also has a large study hall. Other than the main library, there are independent libraries in each department, which contain books relevant to the departments.