Placement training sessions are organized before the placement season wherein ABC – attitude, behavior and communication of a future leader are ameliorated upon.
Grooming and personality development sessions are organized for appearance and grooming of the students and also, career counseling and resume writing workshops are organized.
The assistance given during the time of placement are as follows:
· The training program at TIMSR is designed to go beyond the stereotypical curriculum to get our students in- line with industry expectations. A very rigorous training program is instituted that ropes-in industry experts who advise, train and mentor the students to achieve their goals. Students are put through a series of workshops, guest lectures, seminars and simulation exercises to become ready for the ever changing corporate landscape.
· A robust Student Placement Committee is at the command of affairs that works all over the year to connect with the organizations and bring them on campus. The Institute believes in the ideology of ‘shared leadership’ which is why students play an active role not only in identifying the training need but also sourcing leads for summer and executive placements
· Summer Internship Program helps to provide an opportunity to apply theoretical aspects to the real life business challenges. Every first year student at the end of Semester II needs to undergo this program. The internships are generally stretched for a period of 8 weeks during the months of May and June. The summer placement process is held to facilitate these internships for the students.
Training & Placement Activites
Personality Development Programme:
The training is conducted in a very informal, interesting, and interactive manner, exposing students to a wide variety of issues, and situations that they are likely to come across as entry-level managers.
The objectives of the programme are:
- To build effective communication skills
- To enable the participants to develop their inter-personal skills, team management and leadership qualities.
- To develop all round personality with a mature outlook to function effectively in different circumstances.
- To take part effectively in various selection procedures adopted by the recruiters.
Seminar/ Guest Lectures:
Seminars and guest lectures are regularly conducted to expose students to the practical and changing aspects of industry.
In an effort to correlate real - life situations with the conceptual frameworks learnt in the classroom, theP&SDC encourages students to undertake various projects for the industry. Some of the reputed organizations for which the students have undertaken projects are Shopper’s Stop, Ogilvy, Wadhavan, Zycus, India Infoline, Infrasoft & IMRB.
P &SDC attaches a lot of importance to career counselling. Activities taken up in this direction include mock interviews, aptitude tests and psychometric test among others.
Contact Details of Thakur Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
Contact No:+91-2267308201/2 , 28847445
Address:C-Block, Thakur Educational Campus, Shyamnarayan Thakur Marg, Thakur Village, Kandivali (East), Mumbai 400 101.