Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
SNAP 2021 Result has been announced on February 1, 2022. After the announcement of results, aspirants will have to appear for selection rounds comprising of Group Discussion, Writing Ability Test, and Personal Interaction. Candidates are shortlisted for the SNAP GD, PI, and WAT rounds based on their SNAP 2021 scores. Aspirants are then selected based on their performances in these rounds and are successful in securing a seat in the institute/college of their choice. The main thought behind conducting these rounds is to check the aspirant's problem-solving skills, leadership, and communication skills. To ace in the SNAP GE, PI, and WAT rounds, here are some tips and tricks to look at!
Tips for SNAP 2022 Group Discussion (GD) Round
Group Discussion/Exercise is the first round of selection aiming towards admission to the prestigious SIU colleges. Candidates are advised to select the time slot for their SNAP interview round at earliest as possible to get their preferred time slot. The round is divided into two phases i.e, Group Discussion and Group Exercise to test leadership, analytical, and communication skills. Students who will be selected will appear for the Written Ability Test. Here are some tips candidates must take note of while preparing for the GD.
- Aspirants in Group Discussions must not fall short of content. Staying updated with all the current happenings and events is the easiest way to crack this round.
- Group discussions are only about expressing opinions on a particular topic, but listening to the other person's views is important as well.
- The candidate must be loud, assertive and should never try to prove the other person's opinion wrong in any way. It must be noted that it is not a debate, so try to be polite and thoughtful while speaking.
- Applicants must be focused on their leadership and communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- The candidate must have a logical approach while speaking on any topic. Students who include facts and figures in the discussion always have a greater chance of selection than others.
- Aspirants must be dressed appropriately and maintain eye contact with the team members during the discussion, as it will show the panel your confidence.
- Candidates are often advised to never interrupt in between and must have the courtesy to let the other members finish their statements. All these pointers, if taken care of, will ultimately lead to your selection in the Group Discussion.
Tips for SNAP Written Ability Test (WAT) Round
It is the second round of the selection process, and candidates who will clear the Group discussion are only allowed to appear for this test. The idea of conducting this round is to check the creativity, spontaneity, and clarity amongst the aspirants. Selected students of this round will appear for the PI round. Here are some tips candidates must take note of while preparing for the Written Ability Test.
- Aspirants must collect all their thoughts on the topics before attempting the test. Therefore, questions can be attempted with much ease. The candidates must be careful about the language, content, and articulation.
- Aspirants must develop the habit of reading newspapers like Business Standards, Hindu, or Economics Times to get information about the current happenings worldwide and should also go through the editorial section.
- Candidates must read the newspapers, magazines to be aware of the latest events in India as most questions in WAT are focused on them.
- Candidates are required to attempt the test before time. Therefore, these tips must be followed while you are preparing for this round.
- Several textbooks and relevant study material must be referred by the candidates to easily crack the Written Ability Test.
Tips for SNAP Personal Interview (PI)
Candidates must go through their CVs before appearing for the interview round. Here are some tips candidates must take note of while preparing for the Personal Interview.
- There is no particular set of questions asked on the SNAP PI round. Therefore, candidates must get themselves prepared with the general questions related to the course subjects, current affairs, and details mentioned in your CV.
- Dressing up well, good posture, and eye contact will create a positive impression in the minds of the panel and will reflect your level of confidence.
- Aspirants must be aware of the current Indian economic scenario, and the latest budget as interviewers frequently ask questions from these areas.
- Candidates must go through the textbooks and important topics of the undergraduate course.
A positive mindset, staying focussed, and following the above preparation tips entirely during the selection process will help you crack the SNAP GE PI WAT rounds.
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for all the latest updates related to SNAP 2021!
For admission-related details, aspirants can fill out the Common Application Form (CAF) and avail free counselling from our experts. For any queries, students can write to us through the Q&A Zone or call on the toll-free student helpline number 1800-5729877.