St. Thomas College - STC
St. Thomas’ College was founded as an educational institution in 1889 by the then Vicar Apostolic of Thrissur, Rt. Rev. Adolphus Edwin Medlycott, PhD, a former Professor of Rhetoric at the Propaganda College, Rome. The College began as a High School in 1894 under the managership of Fr. Zambanelli, and Fr. Paul Alappatt, Ph.D. was appointed as the Manager and Rector of the institution in 1895. The University of Madras gave formal affiliation in Group III in April 1919 and the St. Thomas’ High School formally became a Second Grade College with Fr. John Palocaren as the first Principal. The Junior Intermediate College started on 8th June 1919 with 96 students and 5 teachers. The College rose to the status of a First Grade College in History Group in March 1925. With the formation of Universities in Kerala, the College was affiliated to the University of Kerala in 1957 and to the University of Calicut in 1968. St. Thomas’ College was accredited for the second time in 2010 by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council with A grade for a period of five years with CGPA of 3.58 on a four point scale. The UGC granted Autonomous Status to the College on 13.06.2014. The College continuously engages the suggestions, demands and requests through a wide variety of institutional mechanisms such as Academic Council, Boards of Studies, Parent-Teacher Association, IQAC, Department Councils, College Council, College Union, etc. The College has 23 departments, 14 PG programmes 23 UG programmes and 8 research centres. Alumni association, PTA and Management of the College are active in promoting the academic and administrative aspects of the College.