Symbiosis Entrance Test (Law) (SET Law - 2017)
How to Prepare
It is very important to have clear approach while preparing for the exam. One should keep themselves updated of all current affairs happening around the the World all through his preparation journey.
The trick is to understand that in BA LLB entrance test all subjects are equally important. An efficient preparation of English & Reasoning will prepare you for critical reasoning. You also need to practice legal reasoning in addition to English. Also, preparation of Mathematics (even though maths is not there in some BBA LLB entrance test). You will also prepare for Analytical Reasoning (Puzzles, coding-decoding etc.) as skills require to master both these subjects are largely similar. The strategy should be to devote the maximum amount of time in mastering subjects with compound effect.
Do a lot of practice in GK as well. The inclusion of subjects like Static General Knowledge and Legal General Knowledge has made the test quite challenging. It is a usual that more importance must be given to subjects like Analytical, Logical and Legal Reasoning. Remember that GK (along with Legal GK) questions play a good role in scoring big and anyone having command over GK can not only score with ease but also with less time. For comprehension, one should practice reading a lot.
Another strategy for quickly improving scores is by solving as many Mocks as possible, and more importantly, giving enough time to yourself for analyzing these Mocks.
1. Read daily newspaper for Current affairs and general awareness.
2. Consistently practice model papers for reasoning questions.
3. Prepare a timetable and allot time to subjects on the basis of priority and knowledge level
4. Plan Time Management for the success of preparation.
|Step 1||Generate ID|
|Step 2||Completing the application form|
|Step 3||Upload Photograph|
SET Law 2017 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
SET Law 2017 News and Updates
Symbiosis International University has declared the results of Symbiosis SET 2017 examination on May 19, 2017. The varsity conducted the entrance examination or the admission to design, engineering, health sciences and law courses. Candidates can download the SET 2017 scorecard until June 18, 2017. ...Read more
Symbiosis International University (SIU) is all set to declare the results of Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) 2017 on May 19, 2017. According to the official information from the varsity, the results will be out by 11:30 AM. SET 2017 examination took place on May 6, 2017. The examination took place ...Read more
Symbiosis International University conducts a specific entrance examination for undergraduate law course admissions at its various affiliated colleges. SET Law 2017 was successfully conducted today (6th May 2017). Candidates who appeared for the exam will be shortlisted basis their score in the SET ...Read more
SET Law 2017
Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) is a test conducted by the Symbiosis International University’s Test Secretariat to judge the aptitude of the student for particular Programmes. (SET) law is a common written test for the admission processes of undergraduate Institutes of Symbiosis International University.
- B.A., L.L.B.
- B.B.A., L.L.B.
SET LAW mandatory written test for the admission process for the undergraduate programmes of the following Symbiosis institutes namely:-
- SLS: Symbiosis Law School - Pune
- SLS: Symbiosis Law School- Noida
- SLS: Symbiosis Law School- Hyderabad
SET Law 2017 Conducting Body
SIU, Symbiosis International University was established under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 vide notification No.F.9.12/2001 U.3 of the Govt. of India. In the year 2002, there were 3 constituent Institutes of SIU. Subsequently ten more Institutes of Symbiosis have been brought under the ambit of Symbiosis International University vide notification No.F.9.12/2006-U.3 (A). Symbiosis International University was given "Deemed to be University" status by the Ministry of Human Resource Development in 2002.
SET Law Contact Details
|Address||Symbiosis Test Secretariat Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi, District: Pune – 412115, Maharashtra, India.|
|Phone no||020-39116226 /27|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
SET Law FAQ
1) How to Register For SET – 2017?
- A candidate can register for one paper from the morning session; viz, Law or Design and one paper from the afternoon session; viz, General or Engineering or Health Sciences Register at www.set-test.org
- This will generate your SET ID.For Engineering and Health Sciences, a candidate need not register for SET if he / she wishes to offer scores of entrance tests other than SET such as JEE(Main).
- Such candidates may apply directly to the preferred institute, this is also applicable for SSCA (Symbiosis School of Culinary Arts) score of NCHMCT-JEE is accepted
- You must to upload your latest scanned photograph (in the required format and size) at the time of online registration.
2) How to pay to Undergraduate Institutes of Symbiosis International University?
- You may pay online/offline for admission to an undergraduate institute of the University. The fee is Rs. 1500/- per programme.
- Candidates have the option of paying through any one of the following five (5) payment methods:
- ONLINE PAYMENT THROUGH CREDIT CARD:
- ONLINE PAYMENT THROUGH NET BANKING:
- ONLINE PAYMENT THROUGH Paytm:
- ONLINE PAYMENT THROUGH INDIAN BANK NET BANKING:
- DEMAND DRAFT.
3) I have completed the online application. But, I have not taken a print out. How can I get a print out now?
You can go to the applying online page again and enter the personal details AND the application number. You will be taken to the printout page again.
4) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the first week of May (onwards). You will have to log onto the SET website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website.
5) I have received the SET ID & Password, what can I use it for?
You can use the SET ID /email and password to fill in the SET application form, view / print the admit card, check MyMail, modify personal details. If you apply to institutes which take SET scores, you should use your SET ID.
6) I could not register online for SET, since the following error message appeared – “Java Script Error”.
Please use Internet Explorer Ver 6.0 or above. Please note that the browsers like Mozilla firefox and Google chrome will also support the application.
7) I am unable to download the e-bulletin.
Your connection may be slow. Please try again.
8) I could not register online for SET, as I am not able to proceed after “I agree” in the terms and conditions page.
- Tools>>InternetOptions>>Security>>Custom Level. Scroll down until you see section labeled ‘Scripting’ Under ‘Active Scripting’,select ‘Enable’ and click OK. ”
- Click refresh and do the registration again.
9) My current address is valid only till March end. Is it possible for me to update and make a change in the address in early April?
Yes, you can modify any set of personal details. You can do this after you have received your SET ID /email and password.
10) I have registered online and sent the DD/Bank counterfoil. What is the next step?
Congratulations on completing the first step to qualify for SET. You must have received an email of SET Payment confirmation after the authentication.
11) I registered online, but sent my DD without mentioning the SET ID. What do I do now?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org providing the DD number, bank on which it was drawn, your name, date of birth, phone number and email id. Mention “sent payment without SET ID ” in the subject line.
12) I filled up the form online and have taken the DD also. I do not have access to a printer to print the payment advice form. What do I do?
You need to fill in your details with your SET ID on a plain white sheet and send the DD along with it.
13) What is the eligibility criteria for SET Law ?
The candidate should have passed XII (10+2) examination from any recognized Board with minimum 45% marks (40% for S.C. /S.T. candidates). Students who have appeared for their Standard XII final examination and awaiting for the result are also eligible to apply, subject to submission of passing certificate at the time of the final admission.
14) I have completed my education from other country. ex. O'Level (10 class) from London and A'Level (12 class) from Bangladesh. How should I proceed?
You can take admission under the category of International students. Contact International office of Symbiosis or Symbiosis Centre for International Education at website .
15) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
16) Will there be any breaks during the exam?
No, there will be no scheduled breaks during the test but candidates are allowed to go to the restroom by raising their hand to inform the test centre administrator.
17) Can a student from science (PCB / PCM) apply for this course?
Yes, any student who has passed his/her class 12 th in any stream (humanities / commerce / science / social science, etc) is eligible to take admission in this course.
18) For how long is the SET LAW score valid?
The SET LAW score is valid for just one year.
19) What is the intake capacity of SET LAW?
The total intake is 300 seats [Inclusive of 180 seats of B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) and 120 seats of B.B.A. LL.B. (Hons.)].
20) What is the annual fee structure for 'Indian' students for SET LAW ?
The annual fee structure for Rs. 2,35000/- (Includes Institute Deposit Rs.: 10,000/-).
21) Where are SET LAW courses offered?
The University courses are offered
- SLS: Symbiosis Law School - Pune
- SLS: Symbiosis Law School- Noida
- SLS: Symbiosis Law School- Hyderabad.
22) What are the key provisions of Reservation Policy?
As per the UGC guideline 2006, the reservation policy for all the institutes under the University is as follows:
Within the sanctioned intake:-
- SC - 15 %
- ST – 7.5 %
- Differently Abled – 3 %
Over and above the intake:-
- Kashmir Migrants – 2 seats per programme
- International Students – 15 %
- Defence Quota – 5 % for SLS-PUNE,SICSR and SCMS-Pune.
- Candidate applying for the above mentioned categories will be required to submit the supporting documents at the time of PI-WAT.
- Candidates applying for Defence Quota other than above maintioned three institutes (SLSPune, SICSr and SCMS) will be considered as candidates in OPEN Category.
23) What about campus placement?
The Placement Cell organizes the placement training throughout the year and during the programme a systematic profound development of every student is ensured. The students are trained, groomed and chiseled to be the best professional, with the combination of managerial and leadership skills, and a broad range of professional skills such as legal reasoning skills, advocacy and legal writing. The Cell also facilitates internship opportunities for the students in Law firms and Corporate Houses. The Cell has managed to place students substantially in placement opportunities from various sectors including PSUs, Law Firms, Banking and Financial Companies, LPOs, Judiciary and Insurance.
24) Can I directly come for counseling without registering for the First Year admissions?
Registration is a compulsory step for First Year admissions.Without registration,candidate would not be considered for admission process.
25) Are we going to be informed personally about date and time of counseling?
The date and time of counseling will be informed through online, offline advertisements and postings on the website. Please refer to the website.
26) Are parents also required at the time of counseling?
Parents are not required, but one parent can accompany the candidate, if they wish to.
27) If I have some other exam or admission process at some other college, then are the parents allowed to come and confirm the admission?
No, the candidate has to be personally present.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place