WBJEE (WBJEE - 2017)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII basic concepts
Make sure that you revise the basic concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
|Step 1||Create Login ID|
|Step 2||Filling up the online Application f...|
|Step 3||Image Uploading, Thumb Impression|
WBJEE 2017 Question Paper Format
WBJEE 2017 News and Updates
WBJEEB or Joint Entrance Examination Board of West Bengal has published the seat allotment of WBJEE 2017. The candidates who took part in the first phase of WBJEE 2017 counselling can check the seat allotment status on the official portal of WBJEEB. The seat allotment status of the candidates is ...Read more
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board or WBJEEB has declared the schedule for WBJEE 2017 counselling. This year, the registration for counselling session will begin from June 12, 2017, and will continue until June 19, 2017. The board will conduct three rounds of counselling this year. The ...Read more
Finally, the results of WBJEE 2017 examination were out on June 5, 2017. Even though the board released the results at 2:00 PM, the candidates were able to check the results only at 4:00 PM. The examination took place for the admission to pharmacy and engineering courses. Around one lakh candidates ...Read more
Finally, the West Bengal Joint Examination Board (WBJEEB) has released the results of WBJEE 2017 examination. The candidates who qualified in WBJEE 2017 examination will get admission in engineering, architecture and pharmacy courses. WBJEEB has published the results only on the official website. ...Read more
Earlier, the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board had announced that the results of WBJEE 2017 examination would be released on or before June 4 or June 5, 2017. However, there is an uncertainty about the date of declaration of results. On the other hand, the official website of WBJEE ...Read more
WBJEE is the Common Entrance Test for admission in different degree level courses of Engineering & Technology in Universities, Government Colleges as well as Self Financing Technological Institutes in West Bengal.
WBJEE 2017 Conducting Body
he West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) was constituted in the year 1962 by the State Government of West Bengal, in exercise of the powers conferred under article 162 of the Constitution of India in pursuant to No. 828-Edn(T), dated 02.03.1962 for the purpose of conducting Joint Entrance Examination for admission to various institutions in West Bengal imparting education in medical, engineering and technological courses. The endeavour of the Board has always been directed towards enhancement of transparency in conducting Common Entrance Examinations for various professional Undergraduate level courses in the State through effective state of-the-art technology. The Board has been awarded the status of Statutory Body enacted vide ‘West Bengal Act XIV of 2014’ named as ‘The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board Act, 2014’.
WBJEE Contact Details
|Address||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board AQ-13/1, Sector V, Salt Lake City, Kolkata- 700 091|
|Phone no||(033) 23671198|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
1) What is WBJEE ?
WBJEE is the entrance examinations for admission into undergraduate level engineering & technological courses pursued in the engineering & technological institutes including similar departments of various universities of the State to be conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board through publication of Merit List & WBJEE e-Counselling after conduct of this Examination.
2) What is the examination for? Who conducts it?
- WBJEE is a state level UG entrance examination for various public and private universities of West Bengal for degrees in Engineering and Architecture.
- The exam is conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination board.
3) How to apply for WBJEE?
- Application process for WBJEE is an online one.
- Once you submit the form, you get a 7 digit code that you must preserve for future use.
- After the payment procedure is done the confirmation has to be sent to board office of WBJEE.
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board
AQ – 13/1
Sector V, Salt Lake
Kolkata – 700091
Phone: (033) 23671198.
4) When is the date of examination for WBJEE ?
The WBJEE will be held on Second week of May.
5) From which bank the Application Fee is required to be deposited through e-challan is provided?
Allahabad Bank(any branch).
6) From which address we can get admit card?
JEEM – www.wbjeeb.nic.in.
All other examinations – www.wbjeb.in.
7) What are the usual application fees of respective examinations?
WBJEE – i) Only Engineering/Medical – Rs. 500
ii) Combined – Rs. 600
8) From where can an applicant apply for WBJEE ?
An intending applicant can apply from one’s home, school, college or other educational institutions, cyber cafe or any other place provided the said premise has a computer terminal enabled with internet facility.
9) How does an applicant enter the personal information into the system while APPLYINGONLINE for WBJEE ?
On visiting the HOME page; the candidate has to click the link depicting APPLY ONLINE FOR WBJEE . The link will take the student to the next webpage APPLICATION FORM. There the candidate has to start filling up the data reQuested and complete it in all respect. All fields are mandatory in nature except for the “Alternate” marked ones in Contact Details. An Application Form Number gets generated for the applicant.
10) What is the utility of the WBJEE Application Form Number?
It is important for all correspondences. So, one is required to preserve it. All subsequent login Quire entry of this form number alongside the Date of Birth of the candidate.
11) Can the Application Form Number be generated by partially filling up personal information?
No, one has to fill in all mandatory fields and the entries need to pass through simple validation checks before the form number can be generated. Please note that ‘a candidate may edit the details before generation of Confirmation Page.
12) When is the last date to apply for WBJEE?
Last date of form fill-up and registration for WBJEE is Last week of February .
13) How is my WBJEE e-Challan generated?
After getting the Application Form Number, candidate may proceed on to DOWNLOAD & PRINT eCHALLAN (in ‘LANDSCAPE’ mode in ‘Printer Preference’ Option) FOR MAKING PAYMENT OF RS. 506/- (RUPEES FIVE HUNDRED & SIX ONLY) OFFLINE either in ALLAHABAD BANK (with CORE BANKING SERVICE (CBS) facility) or in INDIA POST OFFICE (with e-Post Office facility) by physically
visiting the Bank Branch or the Post Office Branch respectively. Thereafter, the candidate has to ‘log in’ into the website once more to fill up the FEE RECEIPT DETAILS ONLINE in order to continue with the subseQuent steps. For more clarification, please refer to the ‘Information Brochure.’
14) How do I submit the WBJEE Confirmation Report & Top Sheet to the Board?
PRINT WBJEE JEM CONFIRMATION PAGE & TOP SHEET. After generation of Confirmation Page & Top Sheet; the candidate has to:
(a). Take a print out of the sheets generated in pdf file format;
(b). Fill up the same, paste coloured passport size photographs at reQuisite places with gum (paper adhesive), sign on one of them where the place is marked as SELF ATTESTED and put LEFT THUMB IMPRESSION (LTI) in one of the boxes therein while
sign in another, get the underneath box signed by father / mother / guardian as per preference and availability and check that all fields in both the sheets are filled properly;
(c). Note the ENCLOSURES REQUIRED TO BE ATTACHED TO THE TOP SHEET mentioned in both the sheets so generated;
(d). Thereafter the ‘Confirmation Report, Top Sheet attached / stapled to enclosures enlisted therein have to be put inside SINGLE ENELOPE and sent to the Board Office by Speed Post.
15) How do a candidate send the SINGLE ENVELOPE to the Board?
(a). ARRANGE ALL ENCLOSURES IN ORDER as mentioned in both sheets and SELF ATTEST all of them;
(b). ATTACH/STAPLE ENCLOSURES IN THE SAME ORDER WITH THE TOP SHEET;
(c). Put BOTH CONFIRMATION PAGE (loose) AND TOP SHEET (attached to ENCLOSURES) ONE AFTER ANOTHER IN THE SAME ENVELOPE;
(d). WRITE the APPLICATION NUMBER ON THE COVER OF THE ENVELOPE;
(e). Cross-check the Confirmation Page, Top Sheet and enclosures put inside again, before finally sealing the envelope and
(f). Send the said ENVELOPE to the Board Office by Speed Post.
16) Where to send the Envelope containing the Confirmation Page and Top Sheet?
The Confirmation Page (loose) along with the Top Sheet attached to the enclosures as per list should be put inside single cover and be sent to AQ-13/1, Sector – V, Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700091.
17) If it is found after generation of Confirmation Page and submission of the same along with the Top Sheet to the Board that a candidate has entered / filled in wrong information, what can be done to redress the same?
The candidate MUST come to the Board Office personally, fill in a specific ‘form’ (to be supplied by the Board at that time), detailing his wrong entries and justify the correct ones proposed therein supported with documentary evidence and submit the same physically at the Board.
18) What is the process of knowing the status of submitted Application Form?
The candidate needs to visit the Board’s other website at http://www.wbjeeb.in and log in with ‘Application Number’ to know the status of disposal of the submitted ‘Application Form.’ In case any discrepancy is found and known by the candidate there from; actions enumerated under.
19) When the admit card for WBJEE will be available?
Tentatively 3rd week of March.
20) What is the no. of seats reserved for defense quota & where to apply for this purpose?
10 Seats are reserved and to be applied to Rajya Sainik Board , Writers Building along with the Engineering Rank of WBJEEM in the respective year .
21) Is a candidate allowed bringing the printed WBJEE Admit Card to the Examination Center after downloading it from the website?
Yes, if a candidate does not receive the ‘WBJEE JEM Admit Card,’ the downloaded and printed “ Admit Card’ can be brought to the WBJEE Examination Center provided other compulsory documents are also brought alongside for verification, as mentioned in the ‘WBJEE Information Brochure.’
22) Can I change examination centre allotted to me?
No, change of allotted examination centre will not be considered under any circumstances.
23) Where can students get the information brochure of respective examinations?
24) What is the reservation quota for respective examinations?
According to the norms of West Bengal Government.
25) Is it necessary to upload recent domicile certificate/income certificate of respective examinations?
Yes it is necessary to upload recent domicile certificate/income certificate of respective examinations.( please consult Boards website)
26) What is the eligibility criterion for WBJEE ?
The applicant must be a citizen of India and must have passed the H.S.(10+2) or its equivalent examination.
27) What is the examination pattern of WBJEE?
- WBJEE is an offline exam which means answers are filled on an OMR sheet.
- There are in total 250 questions: 100 of Mathematics, 75 of Physics and 75 of Chemistry. There is a negative marking of .33% of the question’s maximum marks for every wrong answer.
28) What is the upper age limit to be appeared for WBJEE ?
For WBJEE Candidates must have attained minimum 17 years of age as on 31.12.15. There is no upper age limit in any examination except Marine Engineering course in B.Tech. (24 years).
29) Is there any negative marking for WBJEE?
Yes. Incorrect option will yield -¼ (negative ¼) marks. For any combination of more than one option, the said answer will be treated as incorrect and will yield -¼ (negative ¼) marks.
30) Use of calculator is allowed in the WBJEE examination?
No, use of calculator, mobile phones or any other electronic gadgets is strictly prohibited.
31) When will the results of WBJEE be declared?
WBJEE results will be delcared on first week of June.
32) For how long is the WBJEE score valid?
The WBJEE score is valid for just one year.
33) What is/are the college/colleges covered under this examination?
WBJEE covers many universities across West Bengal. These may be public universities of private ones under WBJEEB.
Some prominent colleges covered under WBJEE are:
- Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur
- B.P. Poddar Institute of Management and Technology, Kolkata
- University Institute of Technology, Burdwan
- College of Engineering and Management, Kolaghat
- Dr. B.C. Roy Engineering College, Durgapur
- Dumkal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Dumkal
- Bidhan Chandra Krishi Vidhyalaya
- Jadavpur University
The entire list of institutes covered can by followed through this link: http://wbjeeb.nic.in/website/participating_institutions.html.
34) What is the generalised selection procedure?
- Counselling under WBJEE is conducted under a 3 step process.
- Once the result is declared by mid June, the 1st phase of counselling begins where candidate has to either lock his choice and report to the selected institution or withdraw the seat for 2nd phase. After the third round if seats are still available in some institutions, there is a possibility of a 4th round but there is no certainty.
35) What are the courses offered in colleges covered under WBJEE?
A total of 34 courses are offered under WBJEE. These include Aerospace Engineering, Agricultural, Apparel & Production Management, Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, Architecture, Architecture Interior Design, Automobile Engineering, Bio Medical Engineering, BioTech, Ceramic Technology, Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Construction, Dairy Technology, Electrical, ECE, Food Technology, Information Technology, Food Technology and Bio Chemical Engineering, Instrumentation and Electronics Engineering, Instrumentation and Control Engineering, Jute and Fibre Technology, Leather Technology, Marine, Mechanical, Metallurgical, Mining, Pharmaceutical, Power Engineering, Printing Engineering, Production Engineering, Textile technology.
36) My WBJEE Rank is XXXX and AIEEE Rank is YYYY. Can I register for counseling for both?
Yes. A student can participate in the e-Counseling and give a single set of choices for both the JEM and AIEEE quota seats.
37) What reference books should be consulted?
The level of preparation for JEE Mains is enough for WBJEE. Still, for practice. There are many books from MTG publications which will guide you in cracking the examinations. Here are some of the books:
- MTG Chapterwise Explorer WBJEE : Engineering Mathematics
- MTG Chapterwise Explorer WBJEE: Engineering/ Medical Physics and Chemistry.
38) What is Management Quota Seat?
Private and self financing Engineering, Technology and Pharmacy Colleges have been allowed to admit students up to maximum of 10% of approved seats (course wise) directly amongst students merit listed under the WBJEE (Engineering) or AIEEE (Engineering & Architecture) , fulfilling eligibility criteria as per the general guidelines enumerated in the Information Brochure of JEM. Those seats are known as Management Quota Seats. Filling up of seats under this Quota is beyond the purview of e-Counseling. The fee for such seats shall not be more than three times the fee prescribed for general students .
39) My WBJEEM Rank is YYYY and I belong to Other State. Can I opt for a seat in a University /University Department / Govt. Institution?
Students from States other than West Bengal and merit listed in WBJEE can opt for University Seats but not for seat in any of the Govt. Engineering & Technology Colleges.
40) What is a Domicile Requirement ?
Student must have been residing in the State of West Bengal continuously for at least for last 10(ten) years as their parents must be permanent residents of State of West Bengal having their permanent home address in the State of West Bengal. (This has already been specified in the Information Brochure of West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination, and the students have already applied in requisite form during initial application for WBJEEM).
41) My WBJEEM Rank is xxxx and I have notional TFW rank of yyyy. Can I opt for a General Seat only or a TFW Seat or both?
Yes. A student can opt for seat under General category as well as under TFW Scheme, if one is eligible. For example, if the candidate has xxxx Rank (GMR) in WBJEEM and has also featured in the notional list for eligible TFW candidates at yyyy, the candidate will be shown available choices with and without TFW seats. If the candidate desires to be considered ONLY for seats under TFW, he/she will choose ONLY those seats with TFW. If he/she desires to be considered under TFW as well as other seats, he/she will choose both “seats with TFW” and “seats without TFW”. Seats with TFW given above in the list will enable the student to upgrade to seats with TFW. For example: If A has GMR xxxx and notional TFW rank yyyy and eligible to choose 100 institute-branch combinations, actually he has 200 options. Every institute-branch combination comes to him with and without TFW option.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place