For Admission in MBA
Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), Delhi was established in 1954 under the administration of Delhi University and is one of the oldest and best B-schools in India. FMS has always been on the list of top MBA colleges in India among MBA aspirants in the country. Delhi University MBA is one of the most prestigious degrees that attracts attention of MBA aspirants from all over the country It is considered as good an option as any of the IIMs because of its quality of education and the low fee structure that attracts a lot of bright students who don’t wish to take a hefty education loan to pursue MBA.
In a recent announcement made by the institute, it has made some major changes in the selection process of FMS Delhi MBA candidates. So if you are willing to apply for FMS Delhi MBA course or have already applied for the coveted Delhi University MBA, it is important for you to note these changes that have been introduced.
FMS Delhi MBA Course Seat Matrix:
|Name of the Programme||MBA (Full-time)||MBA Executive||MBA Executive (HCA)|
Apart from these seats, Supernumerary Seats are also provided by FMS that are dived as follows:
|Category||Number of seats|
|Person With Disability (PWD)||6|
|Children/Widows of Individuals who have served in the war (CW)||10|
|Foreign Nationals (FS)||10|
FMS Selection Process:
FMS selects students based on a two-phase selection procedure. The first thing that a candidate has to do is clear the Common Admission Test (CAT). Based on the CAT 2018 score, candidates will be selected for the subsequent phases, i.e. Group Discussion, Extempore and Personal Interview (PI).
Check out the selection procedures of different programmes offered by FMS:
|Name of the Programme||Phase 1||Phase 2|
|MBA||All aspirants will have to clear the CAT exam minimum cutoff set by the institute.||Candidates shortlisted on the basis of CAT score will have to clear the Group Discussion, Extempore and PI round to get admission in MBA programme.|
|MBA Executive (Evening)||Candidates will have to send in their application based on which they will be called for the phase 2 of the selection procedure.||All shortlisted candidates will have to clear the Writing Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI) round.|
|Doctoral Programmes||Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of CAT score as well as the application.||Shortlisted candidates will be called for PI round. The PI score and cutoff will determine whether a candidate will get admission or not.|
Following are the components and their weights based on which FMS evaluates the composite scores of candidates for MBA Programme. A merit list of students is prepared using the composite score basis which the admissions are done.
Components and their Weights - Major Changes
- In a major change in FMS selection criteria from this year, the top MBA institute of the country has slashed the weightage given to the CAT exam score by 25%. Earlier, CAT score in FMS Delhi admission held 85% weightage, but from now on, it has been restricted to 60% only.
- Until last year, academic scores of class 10 and 12 of an applicant were also not taken into account while the selection process. However, from now on, each will carry a 5% weightage.
- The Personal Interview weightage has been increased by 5%, thereby totalling upto 15%.
- A Group Discussion (GD) round has been reintroduced in the FMS selection process. It will carry a total weightage of 10%.
- The Extempore Speech component will continue to have a weightage of 5% in the FMS selection process.
|Class 10 Academic Profile||5%|
|Class 12 Academic Profile||5%|
Minimum CAT Cutoff for FMS Delhi Phase 2:
|PH-1 (Visually Challenged)||67.54|
|PH-2 (Auditory Challenged)||17.50|
|PH-3 (Orthopedically Challenged)||83.89|
|CW-1 (Widows or Wards of Defence Personnel killed in action)||10.34|
|CW-2 (Wards of serving personnel and ex-servicemen disabled in action)||23.02|
|CW-3 (Widows or Wards of Defence Personnel who died in peace time with death attributable to military service)||9.00|
|CW-4 (Wards of Defence Personnel disabled in peacetime with disability attributable to military service)||3.93|
|CW-5 (Wards of Ex-Servicemen and Serving Personnel including Police Personnel who are in receipt of Gallantry Awards)||78.45|
These cut-offs may vary year-to-year depending on the difficulty of the exam and the number of students who have applied for the institute.
FMS also has a pre-decided sectional weight basis which the performance of the candidates will be judged. Check out the sectional weights of different CAT sections:
|Verbal and Reading Comprehension||40%|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||30%|
NOTE: Female candidates are given an additional 3 marks under the gender diversity component.
FMS is very certain about its selection criteria and considers a candidate's overall academic performance as well. To maintain diversity on the campus, candidates with different academic disciplines and gender diversities are shortlisted to impart quality education and give the candidates maximum exposure.
Faculty of Management Studies MBA Admission 2019
- Candidates should have passed a bachelor degree examination of at least 3 years duration with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate.
- Relaxation on this criterion may be made for those who scored more than 55% marks in aggregate in their postgraduate degree or at least 60% in a Diploma in Personnel Management, Diploma in Management, Diploma in Sales and Marketing or Diploma in Administrative Management of the Delhi University conducted by the Faculty prior to the implementation of this particular scheme.
- Candidates should have at least three years’ experience as an executive or an administrator in a commercial, industrial or government establishment after passing the Bachelor&rsquo's Degree Examination.
- Three years Full-Time experience shall be determined as on 1st July of the year of admission.
Contact Details of Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi
Contact No:+91-011-2766 6382/6383/6384
Address:Prof N.D. Kapoor Marg, Opp. Kirorimal College, University Enclave, Delhi, 110007