- About DU MBA 2022
- DU FMS MBA Admission Dates and Schedule 2022
- DU MBA Admission Dates 2022
- Entrance Exam Required for DU MBA Admission 2022
- Top MBA Colleges in Delhi University - DU MBA Campus …
- DU MBA Seats and Fees Structure 2022
- DU MBA Online Application Form 2022
- DU MBA Eligibility Criteria 2022
- DU MBA Selection Criteria 2022
- Documents Required for DU MBA Admission 2022
- DU MBA Placements 2022
- Top Management Courses at Delhi University
- Top Management Colleges at Delhi University
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
DU MBA applications were closed on January 11, 2022. Aspirants who are shortlisted for the GD and PI rounds are required to appear for the GD/PI round on the given date for final selection. One of the most sought-after MBA courses in India is the one provided by Delhi University. Completing an MBA from DU not only offers a high return on investment but also costs less as compared to other tier-1 MBA colleges in India. DU admission to MBA (HRD) and MBA (IB) is done based on CAT percentile, class 10th, 12th, Graduation marks, GD, extempore, and interview scores. Candidates aspiring to get admission to MBA in DU will have to appear in CAT and fill out a separate application form for Delhi University as well.
MBA is one of the most sought-after postgraduate level courses in India. The MBA admission process 2022 has already begun and aspirants are in the process of shortlisting MBA colleges in India along with keeping a tab on the top management entrance exams in which they can appear. In this article, you will learn more about the DU MBA admission process, top colleges, fees, seats, placements, and eligibility details.
About DU MBA 2022
A lot of management aspirants look at pursuing MBA from the Delhi University colleges where mostly CAT scores will be accepted. If you are keen on studying MBA from Delhi University (DU), this is the right time to look at the top 10 MBA colleges at Delhi University and weigh out your options.
If you are considering an MBA from DU, then the Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) is an excellent option. It is among the MBA colleges with the best placements in India and it also has a very affordable fee structure as compared to other top MBA colleges. Department of Financial Studies and Department of Business Economics, University of Delhi, South Campus is another very good option. It is about to release the notification for eligible candidates for admission into the MBA Financial Management (FM) and MBA Business Economics (BE) Programme for 2022-24 batches.
DU FMS MBA Admission Dates and Schedule 2022
If you are planning to apply for DU MBA courses, you should keep a tab on the DU MBA admission dates and schedule to ensure that you do not miss out on any important application or examination dates for DU MBA admissions 2022. You can find the detailed DU MBA admission dates and schedule in the table given below:
DU MBA Admission Dates 2022
|CAT 2021 Result||January 3, 2022|
|Online registrations end|
January 11, 2022
Along with the above-mentioned dates, interested applicants must also go through the CAT Important Dates here.
Entrance Exam Required for DU MBA Admission 2022
Candidates who wish to pursue a full-time MBA programme from FMS and the Department of Financial Studies have to appear for the CAT exam.
Top MBA Colleges in Delhi University - DU MBA Campus 2022
FMS, Delhi University is one of the oldest and among the top 10 DU MBA colleges. It offers MBA, executive MBA, and doctoral programmes. It offers an MBA Full Time, MBA Executive (Evening programme), and MBA (Health Care Administration). Department of Financial Studies, South Campus, part of the prestigious Delhi University offers MBA (FM) and MBA (BE).
It must be noted that if you are planning to pursue MBA from Delhi University, having good knowledge of the business domain right from the undergraduate level will always be an advantage. There are many management colleges at Delhi University where you can pursue specialized management courses at the UG level and then work your way up to top MBA colleges in Delhi University. Check more details below.
DU MBA Seats and Fees Structure 2022
Let us take a look at the number of MBA seats available in each of the DU MBA colleges. Along with that, the tables below also describe the fee of MBA courses at the DU colleges.
1. Faculty of Management Studies (FMS)
The seat matrix for MBA courses at FMS Delhi is listed below for each category.
|Executive MBA (Health Care Administration)||20||10||6||3||2||2||-||43|
* SN - Supernumerary seats on offer.
**CW - Widows/Wards of Defence personnel killed/disabled in action, gallantry award winners, currently serving, retired, etc.
***FS - Foreign Nationals. The FMS DU MBA fee structure is described below.
Total Fees (For 2 years)
|Executive Master of Business Administration|
|Executive MBA (Health Care Administration)|
2. Department of Financial Studies (Delhi University)
The table given below shows the fee structure and the total number of seats for MBA (FM) and MBA (BE) courses at the Department of Financial Studies of Delhi University.
Rs. 3,00,000 Course Fees
Rs. 24,752 Course Fee
DU MBA Online Application Form 2022
Candidates who wish to take admission to the MBA programmes at Delhi University MBA colleges will have to apply individually to each college.
- The students interested in applying to the Department of Financial Studies MBA courses will have to fill out the application form to take part in the selection process. Applicants will have to fill the DU MBA online application form 2022 and submit it as no hard copy is acceptable. The application fee for DFS MBA is Rs. 1,800 for the general category and SC/ST/PWD, is Rs. 900.
- For admission to DU MBA at FMS Delhi, interested candidates have to follow the steps given below:
Apply through the FMS website by filling in the DU MBA online application form 2022 and pay the fee for the application.
SC/ST/PWD candidates have to pay a registration fee of Rs. 350 and candidates belonging to the general category have to pay a fee of Rs. 1000.
Payment of registration fee can be made through ICICI bank credit/ debit card.
Those who wish to apply for more than one programme are required to register and pay separately for each programme.
Foreign nationals need to apply through the office of Deputy Dean (Foreign Students), Conference Centre, University of Delhi.
To apply at FMS, applicants need to follow the steps listed below
- Create their login on the official website
- Verify their email
- Fill in the application form online
- Upload all the required documents after filling in the application form
- Pay the application fee
DU MBA Eligibility Criteria 2022
Check out the college-wise and course-wise DU MBA eligibility criteria below.
DU MBA Eligibility for Indian Nationals
Eligibility for FMS MBA (Full-Time) Course:
- For admission to the two years full-time MBA in FMS, the candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in any discipline after 12 years of schooling with at least 50% marks.
- Passing marks for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD/ CW is 45% or equivalent CGPA.
- Valid CAT scorecard
Eligibility for FMS Executive MBA Course:
- Bachelor's degree with minimum of 45% aggregate marks or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university
- Five years of work experience at an executive or administration level.
- “No Objection Certificate” to pursue the course from the present employer.
Eligibility for FMS Executive MBA (Health Care Administration) Course:
- Bachelor degree with 45% aggregate marks or equivalent in (MBBS)/ Dentistry (BDS)/ Biotechnology/ Genetics/ Genomics/ Nursing/ Bioengineering/ Paramedical Disciplines/ Alternative Systems of Medicine/ Anthropology/ Zoology/ Pharmacology from a reputed university.
- At least five years of experience at an executive or administration level.
- “No Objection Certificate” to pursue the programme from the present employer.
Eligibility for Department of Financial Studies MBA Course:
- Graduate degree with a minimum 50% aggregate
- Valid CAT scorecard
- Math/Business Math in Class 12th
- Candidates in the final year can also apply
DU MBA Eligibility for Foreign Nationals
Foreign nationals who want admission to the MBA programme have to apply through the office of Deputy Dean (Foreign Students), University of Delhi. Foreign nationals studying in India have to appear for the CAT while foreign nationals with Indian degrees (currently not staying in India) have to submit their GMAT scores (minimum score of 650). Foreign Nationals with foreign degrees are advised to submit GMAT and TOEFL scores. Foreign nationals who are out of India need to apply via their consulate and embassy (with GMAT scores).
DU MBA Selection Criteria 2022
Check out the college-wise and course-wise DU MBA Selection Process below.
DU MBA Selection Criteria for FMS
There are 2 stages in the FMSselection criteria
- The first stage is appearing for CAT
- After clearing the cut-off, the candidate will be called for the Extempore speech, group discussion, and personal interview round
The table below explains the weightage for FMS selection criteria:
Class X marks
Class XII marks
*An additional 3% of the maximum aggregate marks will be given to the women candidates who appear for the interview.
DU MBA Selection Criteria for DFS
Candidates are shortlisted on the basis of the CAT percentile and marks scored in Class X and Class XII.
For shortlisting candidates, extra weightage is given to academic skills and educational background. The following table explains the weightage system for shortlisting of candidates for GD/PI at DFS:
|Class X Marks||10%|
|Class XII (Best of four)||7.50%|
|Maths/Business Maths Marks in Class XII||2.50%|
|Applicants with B.Com (Hons), BA (Hons), and Business Economics, BBS/BBE/BMS/BBA (FIA) /BFIA||5%|
The following table explains the weightage system for the final selection of the candidates at DFS:
|Class X Marks||5%|
|Class XII Marks||5%|
|Group Discussion Marks||7.50%|
|Personal Interview Marks||20%|
|Applicants with B.Com (Hons), BA (Hons), and Business Economics, BBS/BBE/BMS/BBA (FIA) /BFIA||2.50%|
Documents Required for DU MBA Admission 2022
Listed below are the documents required for FMS MBA admission, which need to be sent to the FMS Registrar's office:
- The FMS application form printout, affixed with the candidate’s photograph and duly signed
- Certificate from the Principal/HoD/Registrar/Director for candidates appearing in the final year of graduation. Also, for candidates who have completed the final year but are awaiting their results
- After making the payment, candidates are required to upload their photograph, signature and left thumb impression in JPEG. Each of these should not be more than 50kb
- Candidates belonging to reserved categories have to send self-attested photocopies of caste/category certificates along with the printed application acknowledgement form.
Listed below are the documents required for DFS MBA:
- For DFS MBA admissions, candidates will have to fill in the application form online by entering their contact, academic, personal and work experience details. No hard copy is acceptable.
DU MBA Placements 2022
FMS Delhi placement ended on a mixed note with 100% of the students getting placement offers. The average salary package was 23.20 LPA but the highest package witnessed a dip as it went down from 54 LPA to 48 LPA. From the batch size of 216, 198 students took part in the process while the remaining 18 signed out of the placement process. The remarkable achievement for the FMS placement 2019 was the increase in the average salary for women students as it rose to 25.10 LPA from 22.6 LPA earlier.
DU FMS MBA programmes are some of the best in India with exceptional educational standards as well as sky-high returns on investment. Admission into these programmes can be quite a competitive affair and getting a good CAT percentile is only the first step toward admission. Candidates have to ensure that they understand the weightage system and use it to their advantage.
Top Management Courses at Delhi University
- BBA Financial Investment Analysis (FIA)
- BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)
- BMS (Bachelor of Management Studies)
- B Com (Bachelor of Commerce)
- BA Economics
- BBE (Bachelor in Business Economics)
- BBS (Bachelor of Business Studies)
Top Management Colleges at Delhi University
Given below is the list of top DU colleges which offer excellent undergraduate degree courses that can help you bag a seat at the top DU MBA colleges in the future.
- Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies
- Deen Dayal Upadhyay College
- Gargi College
- Maharaja Agrasen College
- St. Stephens College
- Hindu College
- Hansraj College
- Kirori Mal College
- Sri Venkateswara College
- Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College
DU JAT Exam
Admission to a majority of courses listed above is done through the DU Joint Admission Test (DU JAT). It is conducted in the month of June every year. Candidates need to clear the written test and then appear for Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds to grab admission. However, admission to the Bachelor of Business Economics (BBE) is done only on the basis of a written test.