Dyal Singh College owes its origin to the extreme generosity and foresight of Sardar Dyal Singh Majithia, founder of ‘The Tribune’ and ‘Punjab National Bank’, who willed his vast wealth in 1895 for the setting up of an Education Trust for a truly secular college. Consequently, Dyal Singh College was established at Lahore in 1910. After the Partition of India, Dyal Singh College was established in Karnal and in Delhi. It started functioning in the capital as a constituent College of the University of Delhi in 1959 and was taken over by the University of Delhi as a University maintained institution in 1978. The College Campus of over 11 acres is centrally located on metro map at Lodhi Road in South Delhi in the vicinity of Lodhi Garden, Jawaharlal Nehru Sports Stadium, India Habitat Centre, India International Centre, CGO Complex and many other institutions of national/international significance. Presently, the College is imparting education to over 4600 students, including foreign students from Afganistan, Tibet, Bhutan, Nepal, Turkemenistan & Indonesia in 19 courses (including 12 honours & 2 post graduate courses) through 18 departments consisting of over 230 well qualified faculty members and over 100 non teaching staff members
Presently, the College has the following infrastructure:-
1. 59 class rooms, including 07 eco friendly bamboo based classrooms & tutorial rooms.
2. 22 Laboratories (including computer labs linked to University of Delhi through optic fiber).
3. A seminar hall with a seating capacity of 120
4. An open air amphitheatre with a seating capacity of 1000
5. An auditorium with a seating capacity of 210 with state of art facilities
6. A well equipped library with over 95000 books, a large number of periodicals and journals and internet facility.
7. A spacious canteen.
8. Two generators for power back up
9. Security Lights for sufficient visibility during night & fenced boundary wall
10. A 600 KVA Electric Panel
11. Synthetic basket ball court
12. Furnished Faculty Rooms
13. A prize winning lush green lawn & Rose Garden
14. Court for cricket net practice / 6 courts for badminton / 2 courts for volley ball & Archery
15. Wi-fi enabled campus
16. Disabled friendly toilets, ramps and lift
17. First Aid / Stretcher / Wheel chair facility
18. 12 faculty rooms
19. Innovation research labs
20. 30 multimedia projectors in classrooms / labs.
21. Fire extinguishers, CCTV, intercoms and public address system, Fire fighting System in place
>Varous research/ innovation programmes, involving funding to the ture of Rs. 1,61,09,842/- are being undertaken by faculty of students of the college.
>Skill based Courses in Collaboration with National Skill Development Corporation in IT, Banking, Telecom, Healthcare, Media & Automative
|Cultural zone||Cultural-cum-social and recreational zone for students|
|Gym||Gym / Sports Complex|
|Math Lab||Math Lab|
|Acad. Zone||Academic zone for academic buildings and workshops|
|AV Lab||Audiovisual lab|
|CSC||Computer Services Center [CSC]|
|Counselling||Counselling facilities provided by Students? Personal and Career Development Centre|
|Digi sign||Digital Signage|
|Planning lab||Enterprise Resource Planning lab|
|Cls. Room||Modern Classrooms|
|Hospital||Hospital that provides major medical facilities|
|Medical Fac.||Medical Facilities|
|ATM||Bank / ATM|
|Canteen||Canteen / Cafeteria|
|Convo. Hall||Convocation hall|
|Guest house||Guest house|
|International center||International Center|
|Girls Hostel||Girls hostel|
|Mess||Hostel and mess facilities for both girls and boys|