Start saving your
Create a free Profile now.
Malda College - MC Malda - MC
- Malda College, a Govt. sponsored, NAAC accredited academic institution, is perfectly poised between seven decades of glorious tradition behind and new horizons of challenges and achievements ahead.
- Conventional curriculum in different streams of learning are supplemented of the contemporary job oriented courses.
- Mission of widening the reach of learning in a backward locality and adventure of facing challenges are the mottos of Malda College.
- Malda College, one of the biggest educational institutions of the state at present, started its journey on the 23rd July, 1944.
- At present, the College offers courses in three streams, Science, Arts and Commerce both General & Honors in all 16 Departments at the UG level with accommodating more than six thousand students.
- The College offers Post Graduate courses in three subjects – History, English since 2003 and Bengali since 2014.
- The library of the College, with a stock of more than thirty thousand books, is one of the best of its kind.
- The Science departments are well – equipped with laboratories enriched by necessary modern gadgets such as Computers, LCD, Film – Projector, V.C.R. etc.
- The college has a specious play ground that serves the purpose of holding tournaments, sports-meets and cultural function.
- A number of gardens and orchards of different types within the campus adds to the science beauty of the place and offers an ideal academic atmosphere.
- Another proud possession of the College is the twin auditoria in the campus, built to commemorate the Golden Jubilee Celebrations of the College in 1994.
- The Main hall with 1050 (one thousand fifty) seats and the smaller one with 300 (three hundred) seats together can be considered the biggest and the best auditorium in the northern part of the state, equipped with the modern apparatus, shopping complex, guest suits etc.
- The role of the staff and the students of the college in all the social and cultural activities have always been widely appreciated.
- The avowed aim of the college is to hold up its age old tradition of healthy academic atmosphere secured through the sincere efforts of a band of devoted teachers and learners acting in prefect unison.
- The extent of our success is exhibited by he students of the College, frequently all through its long history of more than 60 years.
- As future takes shapes in the womb of part and present, Malda College is rightly confident of keeping up its glorious tradition.