- Banking / Finance / Accounts / Commerce Colleges
- West Bengal
- Goenka College of Commerce & Business Administration
Goenka College of Commerce & Business Administration Kolkata Placements
Placements Stats for All Degrees
- The institution offers the best young talents in commerce education. The average cut-off marks for undergraduate admission varies between 94% to 95% consistently. The excellent performance of the students in the undergraduate examinations of the University of Calcutta in each academic session also bears testimony to the academic excellence of the institution.
- The Career Counselling & Placement Cell provides necessary and suitable grooming sessions for nurturing the young minds for the competitive employment sector. The performance of the students in the recruitment drives has proven its success.
- Above all, the erudite fraternity and renowned alumni of the institution provide diverse opportunities, unique to the students, to absorb themselves successfully in the competitive global market.
However, the college authority remains selective in allowing the organisations to organise recruitment drives for the students of various courses. Particularly the CTC, career prospects, job profile offered by the organisations are thoroughly scrutinised before enabling the recruitment process. Given the age-old reputation of the institution, the authority remains strict and responsible for offering the best opportunities to the student community as well as to the corporate houses simultaneously.
Training & Placement Activites
Keeping with the age old tradition of the Goenka College of Commerce and Business Administration, there was always a system of career counselling in some name or other, which ultimately gave rise to the present Placement Cell around January, 2005. The Placement Cell started its activities from February, 2005. The first organised campus recruitment drive was made on 26th April, 2005 by ABC Consultants Pvt. Ltd. for our post graduate students only. Subsequently, the same company organised campus recruitment drive for the B.Com students. The outcome of those recruitment drives was quite encouraging. Many of our students (10 from P.G. and 4 from U.G.) were selected. That was the beginning. Students have been participating in recruitment drives organised by a number of corporate houses in every academic year. We express our gratitude to GE Money, India Bull Securities Ltd., Reliance Group Support Service (P) Ltd., PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), HDFC Bank Limited, Indian Foils Limited, McKinsey Knowledge Centre (India) Pvt. Ltd, Indian Hotels Limited (Taj Group), Federal Bank Limited, KPMG, Wipro Limited, E&Y (GDN), Unisys, MGH Group, Axis Bank Limited, Somani Realtors, Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Limited, Deloitte Shared Services India Private Limited for providing worthwhile opportunities to our students.
The cell functions as a facilitating intermediary between the organisations offering recruitment proposals and the students seeking employment opportunities. Given the academic brilliance of the students, the primary goal remains to encourage, foster and prepare the young minds suitable for the competitive employment sector. In this regard the cell has been providing regular grooming and counselling sessions, course-wise. Provision of quality education being the objective of the institution, personal counselling sessions are also conducted for weak and needy students. In this regard special recruitment assistance is often provided to students keeping in view their inabilities to befit the challenging global market.
Contact Details of Goenka College of Commerce & Business Administration, Kolkata
Address:210, Bepin Behari Ganguly Street,, Kolkata, West Bengal, India- 700012