- ICAI CA Course Levels
- Key Highlights of ICAI CA Foundation Exam 2022
- ICAI CA Foundation Important Dates 2022
- ICAI CA Foundation Exam Dates 2022
- ICAI CA Foundation Exam Timings 2022
- About ICAI CA Foundation Course
- ICAI CA Foundation Course Eligibility Criteria 2022
- ICAI CA Foundation Course Registration Process 2022
- ICAI CA Foundation Course Registration Fees 2022
- ICAI CA Foundation Exam Registration Process 2022
- Documents Required for ICAI CA Foundation Registration 2022
- ICAI CA Foundation Examination Fees 2022
- ICAI CA Foundation Exam Slot Booking 2022
- ICAI CA Foundation Exam Pattern
- ICAI CA Foundation Admit Card 2022
- ICAI CA Foundation Syllabus & Subjects 2022
- ICAI CA Foundation Course Preparation Tips 2022
- ICAI CA Foundation Results 2022
- ICAI CA Foundation Results Analysis
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The ICAI CA Foundation, as the name implies, lays the groundwork for the Chartered Accountancy course. The CA Foundation course assists candidates in comprehending various accounting principles and their implications on multiple types of businesses. The CA Foundation Examinations are held twice a year, in May/ June and November/ December.
CA Foundation is an entry-level exam taken by students aspiring to become Chartered Accountants. The CA Foundation course has taken the place of the previously completed Common Proficiency Test (CPT). The test is divided into two sections - objective and subjective. In this detailed article on ICAI CA Foundation Course, candidates will get the necessary details about the CA Foundation's new dates, the application process, fees, eligibility criteria, etc.
Pursuing CA has been an attractive option as a career path that offers enriching career opportunities. The CA Foundation program is chosen by students who want to pursue a career in Finance, Economics, Law, and Accounts. Chartered Accountancy enhances one's understanding of Taxation and Auditing, Budgeting, Cost Accounting, Consulting, and Financial Management concerning an organization. So, if one wants to build an enriching career in accounting, becoming a CA is one of the best options.
ICAI CA Course Levels
Chartered Accountancy is a professional field that can be defined as managing finances, accounting, and taxation for a company or organization. Chartered Accountant is a globally recognized professional designation awarded to certified accounting professionals worldwide. CAs are responsible for various tasks in an organization, including management accounting, financial accounting and reporting, applied taxation or finance, audit and assurance, and so on.
To become a Chartered Accountant in India, the aspirant must first complete the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India's CA course (ICAI). ICAI administers the CA exam for prospective candidates of the Chartered Accountancy profession in India. According to the ICAI, the CA exam is conducted at three levels. Candidates must pass all course levels to be certified as Chartered Accountants.
Below are the three groups of the CA course -
- CA Foundation
- CA Intermediate
- CA Final
Key Highlights of ICAI CA Foundation Exam 2022
Please find the major highlights of the ICAI CA Foundation exam below.
Full Exam Name
CA Foundation Exam
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
Frequency of Exam
2 times a year
National Level Exam
|English/ Hindi except for Paper 2 - Section B which will be in English only|
Mode of Application
Application Fee (General Category)
Mode of Exam
ICAI CA Foundation Important Dates 2022
The important dates of the ICAI CA Foundation course have been mentioned in the following table.
CA June 2022 Important Dates
CA 2022 Exam Events
Commencement of Registrations
February 21, 2022
Last Date for Submitting Application
March 13, 2022
Last Date for Registration with Late Fee
March 20, 2022
Last Date for receipt of duly filled up online application form print out (PDF)
March 24, 2022
Editing Window Opening and Closing Dates
March 26 - March 30, 2022 (Closed Now)
|June 24, 26, 28 and 30, 2022|
August 10, 2022
CA November 2022 Important Dates
The application window for the CA Foundation November/ December session 2022 is open. Applicants can still submit applications online till September 7, 2022, with a late submission fee of INR 600. The below-mentioned table provides crucial information regarding dates for the CA Foundation November 2022 examination.
CA May 2022 Exam Events
Commencement of Registrations
January 2, 2022
Last Date for Submitting Application
|August 14, 2022|
|Last Date for Registration With Late Fee|
September 7, 2022
Date of Admit Card Release
To be Notified
To be Notified
To be Notified
ICAI CA Foundation Exam Dates 2022
Here we have enlisted the CA Foundation course exam dates for the May/ June and November/ December sessions.
CA Foundation Exams (June session)
June 24, 2022
June 26, 2022
June 28, 2022
June 30, 2022
CA Foundation Exams (November/ December session)
To be notified
ICAI CA Foundation Exam Timings 2022
Please note the ICAI CA Foundation exam date and timings. We urge the candidates to keep checking the official website of the ICAI for any changes to the exam date and timings in the future.
Principles and Practice of Accounting
May 23, 2022
2 PM to 5 PM
Section A: Business Laws
Section B: Business Correspondence and Reporting
May 25, 2022
2 PM to 5 PM
Business Mathematics, Logical Reasoning and Statistics
May 27, 2022
2 PM to 4PM
Business Economics and Business and Commercial Knowledge
May 29, 2022
2 PM to 4 PM
For Centers Overseas
Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and Muscat (UAE Local Time)
Doha (Qatar Local Time) Bahrain
Kathmandu (Nepal Local Time)
12.30 PM to 3.30 PM
11.30 AM to 2.30 PM
2.15 PM to 5.15 PM
12.30 PM to 3.30 PM
11.30 AM to 2.30 PM
2.15 PM to 5.15 PM
12.30 PM to 2.30 PM
11.30 AM to 1.30 PM
2.15 PM to 4.15 PM
12.30 PM to 2.30 PM
11.30 AM to 1.30 PM
2.15 PM to 4.15 PM
About ICAI CA Foundation Course
The prerequisite for the Chartered Accountancy Course is the Foundation Course. Students may enroll in the Foundation Course after passing the class X examination administered by an examination organization established by law in India or an examination recognised as equal to that. After passing the senior secondary (10+2) test administered by an examination organization established by law in India or an examination recognised by the Central Government as equivalent, students are eligible to take the Foundation Examination.
Students must finish at least 4 months of study after enrolling in the course in order to be eligible to sit for the CA Foundation examination, meaning that those who register on or before July 1 or January 1 will be able to sit for the May or November exam, as appropriate.
Graduates and Postgraduates who have earned the required percentage of points or an equivalent grade in an exam administered by a recognised university (including an open university) or students who have successfully completed the intermediate level of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India or the Institute of Company Secretaries of India are exempt from completing the Foundation Course. After meeting the requirements, these students can sign up for the Intermediate Course directly.
There are four papers in the foundation course, two of which are subjective and two of which are objective. In objective exams, there is a negative marking system for selecting the incorrect options. In the months of May and November each year, the CA Foundation exams are conducted. On the Institute's website, www.icai.org, the Examination Department posts notices and news regarding the CA Foundation examination. The proposed examination centers, both in India and abroad, are listed in the aforementioned notification. Students must complete a separate application form for the Foundation examination after enrolling in the Foundation course.
By paying a revalidation fee of INR 500 or as otherwise determined by the Council from time to time, the CA Foundation course registration is valid for 3 years and may be renewed as many times as necessary for additional 3 years.
ICAI CA Foundation Course Eligibility Criteria 2022
Before filling out the form, it is necessary to consider specific CA Foundation eligibility criteria fundamental to the application process. Below are the conditions to be met before applying for the CA Foundation course -
- Students who have passed the class X examination conducted by a recognized body established by law in India or an examination recognized by the Central Government as equal can enroll in the CA Foundation Course.
- Students can take the CA Foundation Examination after passing the 10+2 examination administered by an examining body established by law in India or an examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent.
- After completing four months of study from the date of registration, the candidate can appear for the CA Foundation Examination.
- Students who register on or before January 1 / July 1 will be qualified to attempt the May/ November examinations each year.
Exemption from Appearing in ICAI CA Foundation Examination
Following are the conditions of exemption from appearing in the ICAI CA Foundation exam -
- Candidates who are graduates or postgraduates in Commerce and have obtained a minimum of 55 per cent of total marks or its equivalent grade in any recognized university (including open universities) examination with specific subjects.
- Alternatively, Graduates or Postgraduates other than those in the Commerce stream who have obtained a minimum of 60 per cent of the total marks or its equivalent grade in any acknowledged university examination (including open university).
- Or, those applicants who have passed the Intermediate examination of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India or the Institute of Company Secretaries of India are exempt from taking the Foundation Examination.
ICAI CA Foundation Course Registration Process 2022
After passing the Class 10th examination, students who intend to join the Chartered Accountancy Course can apply for the Foundation Course via the following method:
- The ICAI provides a centralized self service platform to manage the registration procedure and submit self-attested certificates.
- There is no requirement for a visit or the submission of physical documents for initial registration and subsequent administrative interactions.
- For the registration process, candidates must go to the 'SSP Portal ICAI - The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India" and check the link - "Application Registration Form" and find Entry-level forms [for Foundation and Intermediate Direct Entry].
- To complete the OTP-based enrollment process and to submit softcopies of documents, participants will need a valid email address and mobile number.
- The documents will be reviewed, and registration will be verified by the Institute following the successful submission of forms.
- Applicants will also be given information on how to order study materials through the centralized distribution system portal, icai-cds.org.
ICAI CA Foundation Course Registration Fees 2022
The online registration fees for CA Foundation are as follows -
For Indian Nationals (INR)
For Foreign Students (USD)
CA Foundation Prospectus
CA Foundation Registration Fee
Optional Subscription for student’s Journal for 1Year
Optional Subscription for Member’s Journal for 1 year
ICAI CA Foundation Exam Registration Process 2022
To apply for the CA Foundation 2022, all new candidates must register with ICAI. The steps for registering for the CA Foundation exam in 2022 are as follows -
- Those who already have the login credentials need to check if the form is live.
- Before filling out the form, they must have all the documents ready pre-hand and as per the notified format.
- Next up, the candidates need to fill out the form, choose the test center, and upload the documents (with attestations wherever applicable).
- Once done, the applicant can now make the payment via Net Banking or Credit or Debit Card, download the PDF, and keep the printout.
- Applicants are advised to check if the passport picture and the signature appear on the PDF or not.
- If it is not appearing, they must affix the photograph on the PDF printout and put their signature, attest it from a qualified authority (a Chartered Accountant, or Head of an Educational Institute or Gazetted Officer), and send the PDF to ICAI.
- They are urged to keep a copy of the same for future reference before mailing.
- If the applicant has the photograph on the PDF, they are not required to send the PDF.
The aspirants who have not created the login will have to follow the following steps -
- Students need to navigate to the ICAI exam website (https://icaiexam.icai.org/), click on the "New User Register Here" option, and follow the details as asked in the online registration form to generate the login credentials.
- Then they must select the "Registration Number" and then "Select prefix" from the drop-down menu.
- They must then authenticate using Course plus SRN plus DOB information.
- Once authenticated, they must submit an e-mail and mobile number and then log in with the registration number and password received.
- Following that, they must provide the details asked, including the address, and validate the e-mail address and phone number.
Note: Applicants are urged to fill out the exam forms online as soon as possible to avoid last-minute technical error issues and to send the PDF form generated at least 3-4 days before the deadline.
Documents Required for ICAI CA Foundation Registration 2022
Before completing the CA Foundation application form, candidates must have scanned copies of the following documents:
- Photocopy of Aadhar Card
- Recent coloured photo of the candidate
- For candidates who are SC, ST, or OBC, certified proof of their special category is required
- Verified evidence of nationality (for foreigners)
- Authenticated copy of the class 12th exam mark sheet or admit card
- Class 10th admit card or certificate that has been attested and includes the candidate's name and birthdate
ICAI CA Foundation Examination Fees 2022
Please check out the examination fees for the ICAI CA Foundation program given below.
- INR 1,500/- for opting for a test center in India.
- INR 2,200/- for opting for a center in Kathmandu.
- USD 325 - for opting centers in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Doha, Muscat, and Bahrain.
Note: In addition to the applicable examination fee to the Institute for exam-related services, candidates will be required to pay bank costs at the rates when paying the fee online through the payment gateway.
ICAI CA Foundation Exam Slot Booking 2022
Candidates who have registered for CA Foundation can fill out the exam form online. A few days prior to the CA Foundation exam, ICAI makes the exam form available. The exam form window for the CA Foundation November 2022 session was open from January 2, 2022, till August 14, 2022, without a late fee. Candidates must fill out the exam form on the official ICAI website, icaiexam.icai.org, in order to register for the CA Foundation exam for any session (May/ November).
The form correction window for the November 2022 session is yet to be officially disclosed. When the form correction window opens for the ICAI CA Foundation November 2022 session, candidates will be able to correct any mistakes on their individual exam forms for the CA foundation if they so choose.
What all can be rectified?
- CA Foundation exam center
- Exam group selected (if any)
- The medium of exam - English/ Hindi
Note: The list of CA foundation exam locations for the exams in November 2022 will be made public by ICAI. 265 Indian test cities and 6 foreign locations will host the CA Foundation 2022 examinations. For the CA Foundation 2022 exam, candidates have the option to select their top three exam locations while filling out the application form online.
ICAI CA Foundation Exam Pattern
The CA Foundation Course is a combination of 4 Papers, two of which are subjective and two objective. There is negative marking for selecting incorrect options in the objective papers (Paper 3 and Paper 4).
Objective cum Descriptive
Total Papers in the Exam
Question Paper Booklet Language
OMR Answer Sheets for Paper 3 and Paper 4
English Medium Only
ICAI CA Foundation Admit Card 2022
Candidates enrolled in the Foundation, Intermediate (IPC), Intermediate, Final, and Final-New examinations of CA will be able to access their admit cards, which will include their images and signatures. Given below are some important points of ICAI CA Foundation admit card:
- There will be no physical admit cards issued to any candidates.
- Admit cards must be downloaded and printed from the website by applicants.
- The admit card produced from the website must include your photograph and specimen signature, among other details, and is a legitimate admit card for entrance to the examination.
- Candidates can contact the exam department's helpline numbers for any further questions.
Steps to Download ICAI CA Foundation Admit Card
Follow the instructions to download the ICAI CA Foundation admit card -
- Visit https://www.icaiexam.icai.org/.
- Submit the login ID (Registration Number) and the login password.
- Aspirants can find the link in front of the "Admit Card" option below the "Apply and Track Your Application" headline.
- The admit card and the instructions for examinees will appear on the screen.
- Applicants can then print the document on A4 paper.
With effect from the May 2017 test, issuing paper admit cards by post has been stopped. Candidates must print their admit card from the website https://icaiexam.icai.org and bring it to the examination venue.
Suppose a candidate is unable to print the admission card from the website. In that case, they should immediately contact the helpline numbers (given below), quoting their registration number, the bar code number of their examination form, center opted (with zone, if applicable), and telephone number, among other things.
Foundation candidates - email@example.com, 0120 3894811, 812
Intermediate candidates - firstname.lastname@example.org 0120 3054806, 819
Final candidates - email@example.com 0120 3894807, 808, 827
Help Line Telephone numbers -
0120 3054 851, 852, 853, 854 and 835 0120 4953 751,752, 753 and 754
ICAI CA Foundation Syllabus & Subjects 2022
Following are the subjects of the ICAI CA Foundation course -
Paper 1 - Principles and Practice of Accounting (100 Marks)
This paper aims to provide a grasp of the fundamental concepts and principles of accounting and the capacity to use them in the preparation of financial statements and easy problem-solving.
Paper 2 - Business Law & Business Correspondence and Reporting (100 Marks)
Section A: Business Law (60 Marks)
This section intends to help the aspirant gain an awareness of critical provisions of specific business laws and to be able to address fundamental application-oriented concerns.
Section B: Business Correspondence and Reporting (40 Marks)
Through this section, candidates can acquire and improve the communication skills needed for business communication and reporting.
Paper 3: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning & Statistics (100 Marks)
This subject aims to guide students in understanding fundamental mathematical and statistical techniques, as well as their applications in finance, business, and economics. Additionally, students also acquire skills of logical reasoning and utilize them for easy problem-solving.
Part I: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning (60 Marks)
Part II: Statistics (40 Marks)
Paper 4: Business Economics & Business and Commercial Knowledge (100 Marks)
Part I: Business Economics (60 Marks)
Paper 4 attempts to provide the students with an understanding of the context of Business Economics principles and theories and apply such approaches to quick problem-solving.
Part II: Business and Commercial Knowledge (40 Marks)
It also aims to assist them in gaining an awareness of everyday business and commercial ideas and staying up to date on business and commercial trends. Please note that the Board of Studies provides extensive study materials covering all four topics.
Passing Conditions in CA Foundation Examination
A CA Foundation Course applicant is declared to have completed the examination if they achieve a minimum of 40% in each paper and a least of 50% in the aggregate of all papers in one sitting.
ICAI CA Foundation Course Preparation Tips 2022
Individuals taking the CA Foundation exam for the first time have limited preparation experience. Here are some inspiring exam preparation tips to help the aspirant achieve an excellent CA Foundation result.
- The first step before commencing your study is to create a schedule. Instead of wasting time every day thinking about what to study or where to begin, devise a proper method.
- Teachers have a significant influence on a student's success or failure. As Chartered Accountancy is one of the toughest examinations, professional CA Foundation coaching may considerably assist you in attaining clarity on your concepts.
- Calculators are permitted in CA examinations because the ICAI does not want its students to conduct manual labor. Therefore knowing how to use a calculator has become essential.
- Practising CA Foundation model test papers and CA sample papers will help pass the exam. They will give an idea about managing the time and evaluating questions effectively.
- Setting a deadline while preparing for CA will help. Candidates must set a 3-month deadline for finishing the course, including the first revision. They can then keep the last month for the final two revisions and solve previous years' questions and mock test papers.
- Students are encouraged to read at least one financial daily and one business magazine regularly. They may even watch a business channel to stay up to date on commercial trends.
ICAI CA Foundation Results 2022
Students need to refer to the ICAI official website for checking the CA Foundation results. They can follow to the below steps to check the CA Foundation results -
- Navigate to the ICAI's official website and click on "Foundation Results".
- Enter the credentials, including the six-digit roll number and pin/registration number, followed by the captcha code.
- Tap the Submit button and find the result.
Note: Aspirants who pass CA Foundation with 70% or higher will earn a "Pass with distinction" certification from the ICAI.
ICAI CA Foundation Results Analysis
Below is the comparison of the CA Foundation pass percentages of the previous years.
Aspirants having questions and feedback can drop them via our Q&A Zone or call on 1800-572-9877. For any assistance on admissions, students can fill out our Common Application Form and our expert counselors will get in touch. Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for more updates and information on the ICAI CA Course.