Shah and Anchor Kutchhi Polytechnic - SAKP - SAKP
Shah and Anchor Kutchhi Polytechnioc, established in the year 1983 by Mahavir Education Trust, for the purpose of development of technical education, with the help of munificent donations from two main donors viz. Shri. Lalji Velji Anchorwala and Smt. Laximiben Karamshi Bhujpurwala Charitable Trust.
The Polytechnic is Jain Gujarati Religious linguistic Minority Institution, recognized and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) and is affiliated to Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE). The Polytechnic was accrediated by the National Board of Accrediation (NBA) for the post SSC full time Diploma courses for the period for 3 years w.e.f. applied for a fresh accrediation term. Quality Education is ensured by ISO 9001-2008 Certification. Presently Polytechnic offers post SSC three years full time Diploma Programs in Computer Technology, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Electronics Enginering and Information Technology.
The Polytechnic has well established Central Learning Resources like Library, State of the art Computing Centre and Sports facilities, canteen and a branch of Canara Bank in addition to well equipped laboratories, workshops, drawing halls, Audio Visual Aids, etc. The trust has acquired an open plot on long lease from the Mumbai Municipal Corporation and developed it as an outdoor sports ground.
The Specific objectives of Training and Placement are:
- Create awareness among students regarding career options and help them in identifying their career objectives and career planning
- Organize Internship for Students
- To provide placement for Final Year Students.
- To prepare students for placement by arranging training in Aptitude tests, Group discussions, preparing for Technical and HR interviews through professional trainers.
- Identify suitable potential employers and help them achieve their hiring goals.
- Act as a bridge between students, alumni and employers.
- Take feedback from industry and provide inputs for curriculum.