Start saving your
Create a free Profile now.
K.J. Somaiya Polytechnic - KJSP
The vision of Shri K.J. Somaiya that modern professional education must remain true to the spirit of Indian ethos and culture. He insisted on value-based education, believing firmly that a community uncaring for its traditions is decadent and insubstantial. He was passionate about propagating the Sanskrit language and the promotion of studies in ancient Indian thought and culture. He envisaged Somaiya Vidyavihar as the modern-day Nalanda University where students and teachers would live in an intellectual and spiritual fellowship.VISION "The Institute shall be the center of excellence with the highest level of achievement in Technical education." MISSION"Overall development of students inculcating in them the ground reality, Being the choice of students, parents and employers in India for Technical Education, Maintaining the best infrastructure, developing knowledge and skills, Continuously updating and reviewing the curricula benefiting industry, students, society for technological development of the country, Laying special emphasis on Indian culture and value system, Promoting innovative attitude among the faculty and students. K. J. Somaiya Polytechnic, offers diploma course in civil engineering, electrical engineering, mechnical engineering and industrial electronics. The institute is an autonomous institution that was established in the year 1963. This Institute offers programmes that are approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and provides students with highly qualified and skilled faculty members. K. J. Somaiya is run by a Governing body that is represented by eminent personalities from Directorate of Technical Education and Governing Body. The institute has a vision to be the center of excellence with the highest level of achievement in Technical education. K. J. Somaniya Polytechnic has a mission of Overall development of students inculcating in them the ground reality.
The following process is practiced to ensure maximum benefit to the students:
- The main aim of the Placement Cell is at least one job for each student.
- Student details/data is collected and verified by the departmental faculty coordinators. The database of the students thus created is used further reference.
- Information about the schedule of the recruitment process is conveyed through the faculty coordinators / through student volunteers (announcements in respective class), Notice(s) on Notice Board(s), as well as through social media like face book / whatsaap group.
- Details of the job opening are communicated to the students through above said channels so that they can make an informed decision about whether to apply for the same. Once a student decides to appear for the process, it has to be completed, i.e. if and when any student is shortlisted for the next stage of process, he/ she cannot back out midway through the process.
- Generally first activity in a placement drive is a Pre-Placement Talk (PPT). It is conducted by HR personnel/ senior management of recruiter. It covers issues like job profile, service agreement, etc. The students can get their doubts cleared during this talk.
- If offered a job, the selected candidate HAS TO ACCEPT the offer.
- We follow one student one job policy. Once a student secures a job offer, he/ she is not eligible for any subsequent drive, unless it is declared a “Dream Company”.
- If an organization is declared “Dream Company” by college (at the discretion of the committee/ Principal) even the placed candidates are allowed to register. If selected in a Dream Company, Then he/ she cannot appear for any subsequent drive, (even Dream companies).
|Number of visiting companies||3|