Scholarships for International Students
Scholarships for International Students:
JGU aims to build human capital of fellow developing countries through higher education because it believes that education is a source of empowerment. To further this aim, the University has instituted two scholarship programmes – Jindal Afghanistan Scholarship and Empowerment Programme (JASEP) and the Jindal Africa Scholarships.
Jindal Afghanistan Scholarship and Empowerment Programme (JASEP):
In an effort to strengthen people-to-people linkages between India and Afghanistan, JGU offers 100 percent scholarship for five girls and 50 percent scholarship for all students from Afghanistan. The purpose of the scholarship programme is to encourage bright Afghan students who would otherwise be unable to access quality higher education.
Jindal-Africa Scholarship Programme:
JGU instituted the Jindal-Africa Scholarship Programme as part of its commitment towards fostering global cooperation and development, with a special focus on Africa. This scholarship programme is intended to build human capital of fellow developing countries through higher education. It aims to build capacities of young Africans by bringing them to the JGU campus in India and training them in key issue areas relevant to the national priorities of their respective countries. The ultimate goal of this programme is to strengthen people-to-people linkages between India and Africa.
Under this scholarship programme, JGU offers 50 scholarships to Africans for study beginning in August 2015. The scholarships range from 50% to 100% tuition waiver, based on merit. More information on programmes and admissions requirements are available at http://www.jgu.edu.in/internationaloffice/content/admissions
To encourage bright students who would otherwise be unable to access quality higher education, JGU has instituted a robust scholarship scheme. Each school offers several scholarships for their programmes.
- O.P. Jindal Outstanding Merit Scholarship: Top-ranked student in the admission test will be awarded the INR 1 lakh each.
- Savitri Jindal Merit cum Means Fellowship: University offers Savitri Jindal Merit cum Means
- Fellowship to support meritorious and economic week students.
- Naveen Jindal Young Global Leaders Scholarship: An award of INR 5 lakhs will be given to the
- selected students to nurture, encourage and support young leaders.
- Shallu Jindal Outstanding Women Scholarship: An award of INR 2 lakhs will be given to the selected
- students to nurture, encourage and support young leaders.
- University offers two scholarships for International Students, Jindal Afghanistan Scholarship & Empowerment Programme and Jindal Africa Scholarship. University also accepts Government of India Scholarship awarded by ICCR to the International Students.
Contact Details of O.P. Jindal Global University, Sonepat
Contact No:+ 91-130-4091888
Address:Sonipat Narela Road, Near Jagdishpur village Sonipat, Haryana-131001, NCR of Delhi, India.