At DIT University the students are endowed with modern infra and convenient amenities that make their life 'go easy' in college hours, alongside make learning more interesting. Some of the facilities include well ventilated classrooms, recreational areas, hostel facility for boys and girls, indoor and outdoor games, stocked library, seamless internet connectivity, medical facilities etc.
Area 21 Acres
Sports Grounds 2
Hostel Facility True
Scholarship Available True
- Boys Hostel
- Girls Hostel
- Medical Fac.
- Cls. Room
- Resid. Institue
- Power Backup
- Hot Water
Students Activities & Clubs
- Aarogya Club along with DIT Faculty of Pharmacy has celebrated World Pharmacist Day on 25th September 2015 by distributing MEDI-C Boxes to 300 families in rural areas for proper storage of Medicines and created importance for proper storage of Medicines. 200 Prescription Files were distributed to patients at Doon Hospital for creating awareness about Importance of Maintenance and Filing of Prescription
- The aarogya club members under the able guidance of honourable director |Dr. N.V Satheesh Madhav and faculty members organised a cultural event for celebration of completion of 10 glorious years of pharmacy department in the university. Various competitive events such as: best logo design, best floor decoration , poster presentation were held and the winners were awarded.
- An awareness programme and survey was conducted in November, 2015 on pharmacy week by aarogya club in the rural areas (Purkul gaon, Shahstradhara and areas near ISBT)regarding the harmful effects of tobacco and alcohol and data was collected showing the percentage consumption of the same in these areas.
- Another awareness programme was conducted in Banjarawala by the aarogya club, highlighting the importance of OTC drugs and home remedies for Asthma , Common cold and Dengue.
- Director, Faculty of Pharmacy, faculties and students also visited old age home, orphanage and provided charity services to them. In December 2015, an industrial visit to the IPCA laboratories was conducted by aarogya club for B.Pharm students. In January 2016, an industrial visit to the Kalindi pharmaceuticals by aarogya club for B.Pharm students.
Amperanza is a technical club of electrical engineering students. The motive of the club is to improve technical, practical and reasoning skills of the students and it also provides helping hands to society. It provides a platform to student for learning, creating and improvising their professional skills. This club helps students to develop their recreational, competitive and instructional abilities. Involvement in this club can enhance student’s collegiate experience and contribute to a well-rounded education.
The club aims to develop the real sense of education by assisting each member in realising that he is his own Guru. Students possessing power of truth would be the creators of tomorrow as they are thinking about it at present. The vision is to see us work as masters, and not as slaves.
The motto of our club is: “EXPLORING THE HORIZON OF PRACTICAL LEARNING AND SHARING”.
This club was established in 2012.
The prospects of this club are:
- To enhance the programming ability of DIT students.
- To select a team of dedicated student to overcome Club Purpose of learning and sharing.
- To enhance various skills - technical as well as interactive skills of students.
“A club formed with a vision for all”.
DIT Impulse is a club formed & managed by the students of DIT University. Our club aims to encourage students to take positive and systematic steps to pursue personal development.
DIT Motoracing is a formula team based in DIT University, Dehradun, Uttarakhand. The team comprises of passionate members all possessing enthralling automotive & management skills. The objective of the team is to design, manufacture, fabricate, test and race an open-wheel Formula Style race car over a span of one year. The team is progressing to its 5th year. The team participates FSI (FORMULA STUDENT INDIA), which is an international competition. After achieving a 4th position in the Endurance event, we have become a force to reckon with. It gave us the much needed appreciation from the renowned personalities of the automobile sector like Pat Clarke, Claude Rouelle, Mehak Modi and Steve Fox. The team is branched into two major departments’ technical and management. The technical department works on the various components of the car namely Design, Suspension & Steering, Braking & tires, Powertrain, Drivetrain and Electrical. The management department works on external affairs, sponsorship and documentation. High coordination between these two departments is key behind the successful fabrication of the car.
The EntreYouth Dit is a Student run initiative that engages and inspires students to pursue their careers & life by doing what they love. We aim to bring together a diverse set of students who all share one thing. The desire to “Live Their Passion!” Whether you want to start a non-profit, be the CEO of a Fortune 500 company, or open a small business, everyone is welcome to join in exploring the many paths towards becoming an entrepreneur!
EntreYouth deals in Start-Up, Venture and event organizing of any type, it helps developing management, marketing, entrepreneurship and Social Skills.
The first ever Music club of DIT, “Mesmeronica”, was inaugurated on 26th September, 2014 under the guidance and blessings of our faculty advisor Dr. Vijay Kumar, Director Academic Administration Prof. Shishir Kumar. The event underlined the passion and perseverance of the organizing team and all the participants.
Just as Plato said, “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything”, it is our belief that fervent practice and wise guidance would propel the club members to better their skills, in ways that are not possible by singular efforts, which would help them be at peace with oneself and also improve their intellectual aptitude. The club aims to provide musicians and music enthusiasts with a platform and necessary guidance to achieve non-dependent and accurate knowledge and experience.
M-Gambit established in the year 2011 is a departmental club formed under the umbrella of department of management studies DIT University by the combined efforts of the faculty & students. The main aim of this club is to enhance the imitative skills of the students and prepare them to face competition.
The university aspire to inculcate knowledge and facilitate learning by germinating competence, professionalism and proficiency in the fields of management decision making, entrepreneurship, analysis, personality development and the complete grooming of an individual.
A Non-Technical Club which in its roots strives for personal growth and personality enhancement of each individual. An organization which contemplates over emotional understanding, social awareness & humane aspect of each of its members and toils for holistic development through challenging activities, impeccable workshops and invigorating events.
- Serving Week
- Career Drive
- ChallengO’ 16
Prithvi club is the first environment club of the DIT University which was formed on November 2014. The club is working toward creating awareness among students and faculties of DIT University. The University organize environment related competitions periodically to interact with the students like swacchta abhiyaan , nukaad natak, tee- artista etc . The swachta abhiyaan was a top show as it attracted many people within DIT University.
The president of the club is Sajal Ghai.
The list of the competitions organized by our club is:
- Swacchta abhiyaan
The club “SAMARTHYA” was established in year 2011 by the students of CIVIL DEPARTMENT, DIT UNIVERSITY Dehradun. The club organises different type of events which not only enhance the theoretical knowledge but also the practical knowledge in the subjects of civil engineering. The idea of the club is to aware and to acknowledge the students the real meaning of civil engineering.
- Paper Maniac
- Griha Nirmaan
- Workshop cum National Level Championship in association with IIT MADRAS
SPIC MACAY, “The Society for the Promotion of Indian Classical Music and Culture Amongst Youth”, is a nonprofit voluntary organization dedicated to promoting an awareness of Indian culture in educational institutions throughout India. In 2011, the Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavna award was given to the movement by Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh.
Spic macay chapter of DIT University was inaugurated on 9th April, 2012. Since then a number of Classical music, dance, folk art, craft, and folk theatre programmes have been organized in the university. DIT University has been making commendable efforts in this noble mission by inviting artists from time to time and enlightening the students from their magnanimous talents.