Goa Institute Of Management has one of the best IT infrastructure among business schools. It includes high end servers of IBM and HP. The common labs are used to learn advanced software. The entire campus is Wi-Fi, connected on optic fiber backbone with high end switches, which enables the students to get round the clock access to all learning resources from their hostel rooms. It has got internet connectivity of 100 Mbps.
The reading room environ beckons the students to join their peers in the quest for knowledge. Being a young and developing management institute the library has:-
- A modest collection of over 7175 titles.
- Subscription to around 165 Indian and International journals.
- A tie-up with the University of Ohio, USA, which assists in updation of titles.
- Annual reports of around 1000 companies, stock exchange directory, CMIE.
- Math Lab
- Acad. Zone
- AV Lab
- Boys Hostel
- Comp. Lab
- Convo. Hall
- Medical Fac.
- Cls. Room
- Resid. Fac.
Students Activities & Clubs
Brainvista is a combination of 2 words Brain, and “Vista”. ”Vista” is obtained from Sanskrit word “vishta” which means ‘filled with’. Though this implies filled with knowledge, ironically this signifies more than the literal meaning to our club. Brainvista is a combination of creativity, knowledge and fun. Started as a small quizzing club years back, Brainvista today, is an exclusive yet unconventional quizzing club of GIM.
Our objective is to bring in creativity in quizzing by experimenting with newer themes without compromising on quality. We intend to keep the zeal among our participants by offering them something different and challenging every time. Apart from serving the quizzing enthusiasts, the objective is to increase basic knowledge levels of students across various domains by organising quizzes as well using our social media portals. Brainvista organises intra-college and inter-college quizzes in various genres.
This year as a legacy the club events started off in a grand way with ‘Autos’ to welcome the PGP1’S. We organised ‘Chakravyuh’, a 3-day national online quiz as a part of ‘Samriddhi’, the annual B-fest, and a quiz for the alumni meet. Further Brainvista explored the fantasy in people for ‘cartoons and superheroes’ through an event ‘Bachpan Diaries’. Next, we conducted a Business quiz ‘Dark Horse’. We went on with another national online quiz ‘The voyage’ based on the theme: ‘Travel, tourism & culture. Other national events conducted by us were an online HR quiz ‘Inquizitive’ and a 3-day online quiz marathon based on the themes: cricket word cup, politics & literature. Recently we conducted ‘Play-On’ for Sports enthusiasts which was hosted by the famous quizmaster ‘Rajeev D’Silva’.
We continue to bring in freshness and creativity in our quizzes and sharpen the zeal for quizzing both on campus and off. We endeavour to take Brainvista to greater levels and leave an ineffaceable impression among the quizzing fraternity.E-Cell
Entrepreneurship Cell at GIM, is a prominent student body that promotes and celebrates the entrepreneurial spirit amongst the students and encourages them to be budding entrepreneurs. The cell conducts numerous workshops, seminars, events and interactive sessions with eminent entrepreneurs, thus, providing the students with unparalleled exposure to the entrepreneurial world. It also provides the students a platform to work on the live projects from start-ups which adds a star to their work experience and boosts management expertise. Through the much celebrated event at GIM “UTSAV”, the cell, indeed, provides the students to run their very own entrepreneurial venture for a day. The cell takes a step ahead and launches the Ecell privilege card every year, which provides the entire GIM fraternity including students, alumni and faculty with lucrative discounts & benefits in various outlets all over the state.
The Entrepreneurship Cell at GIM has organized its very own 1st Social Entrepreneurship event, Aashayein. It was one of the big leaps for the cell to organize such a large scale national event and created a mammoth momentum for the institute. The event, Aashayein, marks the celebration of the women entrepreneurial spirit of this country via a Business Plan competition. The event was the 1st B-plan at GIM focusing on the theme “Building Women Welfare Ventures”. It provided a platform for visionary yet realistic implementation of practical ideas that are friendly, understandable, ethical and will work towards the welfare of women in the country. The event was conducted at the GIM campus on 8th March, 2013; which is celebrated as International Women’s Day world-wide. The participants of this event, hailing from renowned B-schools across the country, presented their innovative business plan ideas which can be modelled for the overall inclusive development of the end beneficiaries: “Women”. The huge success of the event threw a great deal of limelight on the GIM and boosted umpteen exposures to the Entrepreneurial Cell at GIM.
We look forward to host many such successful events in the future, both on national scale and on the campus, to multiply the entrepreneurial spirit in the budding managers exponentially.CENTRE FOR CREATIVITY, INNOVATION AND DESIGN THINKING (CCIDT)
The Centre for Creativity, Innovation and Design Thinking, one of the four Centres of Excellence, conducts various workshops to help build the concept of Innovative and Design Thinking among the students. The student committee of Centre for Creativity, Innovation and Design Thinking works closely with faculty and institution to achieve the objectives of the centre.
Few Prominent Workshops conducted by the centre are- Theatre Workshop, Film Making Workshop, Dance Workshop, Photography Workshop, and Art Workshop.
Centre also organized the first In-house Photography Exhibition at GIM.HRIDAY - The HR Society
Hriday : People. Passion. Performance.
HRiday, the HR Club of Goa Institute of Management, is one of the oldest of its kind. Over the years, the club has constantly strived to improve its offerings with the sole aim of the students' holistic development.
Activities of the club encompass the following:
Anveshan: Anveshan is the HR Symposium of Goa Institute of Management, and is the club's flagship event. The extravaganza includes interactive sessions by industry experts, skill development workshops, and Samiksha, the national level case study competition. For Samiksha, the case is written by the core committee members of the club in collaboration with an organisation seeking solutions to a live problem. The event garners participation from the leading B schools across the country.
Gyaanodaya: This is a perpetual series of talks where industry experts share their knowledge and experiences with the students on campus.
I Know What You Did Last Summer: Interactive sessions where the 2nd year students share their Summer Internship selection and project experiences with the 1st year students.
Fahrenheit: Interactive sessions where the 2nd year students provide information to the 1st year students about the various electives that can be selected for the majors and minors.
HRidayveda: A quarterly newsletter prepared by the club. This includes article submissions from the students on campus, as well as special articles by industry experts and faculty.
Inquizitive: A national level online HR quiz event in association with Brainvista, the quizzing club of GIM to test students across all B-schools on knowledge in HR domain.
Sanjeevani: The blood donation camp organised by the club on campus twice a year in collaboration with Goa Medical College.
Abhaar: Organised annually on our nation's Republic Day, this event involves the felicitation of the support staff on campus. Gifts are handed out by the Director.
Fun & Frolic
Vivacity: To facilitate the loosening of nerves, and the letting go of inhibitions, this is an icebreaking session organised for the newbies at the start of the 1st year.
HRcules: As tradition dictates, every newly selected batch of Junior Core Committee members takes on the responsibility of conceptualising and organising an event for the students on campus. The latest partaker of this tradition was HRcules, a high octane event that tested the participants' brains, as well as brawn.
Shotsight: Shotsight is a platform for everyday filmmakers to showcase and express their interpretation of the chosen theme. The latest edition's theme was 'A Small Act of Social Change.' A national level event, Shotsight attracts entries from budding filmmakers hailing from across the country.I3 - The Industry - Institute - Interaction Club
“Industry Institute Interaction Club” at Goa Institute of Management, is a student driven initiative to bridge the gap between industry and students. It seeks to provide quality solutions to the industry from time to time and develop projects that cater to their needs. Our focus is to assist students by providing them with industry exposure where they can practically apply the concepts they learn at GIM. The projects help students in gaining valuable insights about the functioning of companies and management problem solving. Students work on these projects and at the same time focus on their academics as well. I3 has been successful in bringing in projects from diverse industry backgrounds to cater students specializing in various fields.
Industry Institute Interaction club is committed to provide corporate projects to each and every student of GIM. We are committed to achieve target. We have successfully worked with companies and associations like Coca-Cola, IFB, Bisleri, BOSCH, HDFC Bank, YES Bank, Kotak Mahindra, Putzmeister, Corporate Bridge, ILF&S, Arvind Mills, Indus Cama, India Bulls and many more. We have assisted start-ups like Holidify, Snaplion, Printbindass.com, Coin A Project to name a few. All the industries we worked with have applauded our efforts. As an incentive for the efforts, these companies have provided project-experience certificate and healthy stipend to the students. Industry Institute Interaction Club has also provided opportunity to attend conferences viz. APREE (Advertising Public Relations Event Entertainment).
The projects are aimed towards covering all disciplines of management namely Marketing, Finance, Operations and HR with past offerings in Branding & Advertising, Operations Strategy Planning, Equity Research, Employment Satisfaction Analysis, Digital Marketing, Data Management & Analysis, Safety Measure Analysis, New Product Development, Market Research, Content Management, Product Launch, Financial Analysis, Risk Hedging Strategies, Venture Financing, Capacity Expansion, Peoples Management, Process Mapping, Operational Efficiency Designs, Industry Benchmarking, Stress management, Inventory Management, Event Management and Business Development, Financial Research, Comparative Benchmarking etc.The Systems Club
- IT@GIM – The Systems Club of Goa Institute of Management, a student-driven club is committed towards keeping all our fellow batch mates up to date with the needs and requirements of the corporate world from technological perspective. We also endure to lighten the moods by hosting fun events every trimester.
- Some of the activities undertaken by the club in the last academic year (2013-14) are:
- Animaniacs: A multiple round fun event, main motive was childhood memories. Hosting questions from various cartoons, animation films and superheroes comics this event kept everyone on their toes from start to end.
- Lakshya ’13: An initiative by IT@GIM to help first year students with their summer placements via a series of presentations and documents on the companies visiting campus, highlighting recent news and other details about the company, the selection procedure followed and the interview experiences from the previous year.
- Shootout at GIM: Following the success of the first LAN gaming event ever organized in GIM in the previous year, we took further steps to make this event a bigger one. This event brought out the essence of passion, teamwork through some hard-fought matches. The legacy will continue forward with new games getting added to the event.
- Final Destination: A series of interactive sessions by PGP2s to help PGP1s gain from the experiences of their seniors in the final placement process and get a better understanding of the profiles offered by the companies that visited the campus, the selection process followed, the kinds of questions asked during the interviews and a lot more.
MECCA - the Marketing Club of GIM is responsible for the dissemination of marketing concepts through competitive events and facilitating interactions with prominent individuals of the marketing sector. In the past, MECCA has been responsible for marketing based events such as “Brands of Wasseypur”- an event based on Ambush Marketing, “Contraband” – a video making competition based on surrogate marketing, “Point Blank” – A Brand Crisis handling event, “Sale Away 3.0”- On field sales event on the busiest streets of Goa and “Brainwash 2.0”- a national level case study competition. Brainwash, conducted for IFB Industries Ltd, saw participation of about 40 teams from elite B-Schools across the country. These events help showcase the students’ creativity and develop a passion for Marketing. MECCA’s activities also include interactions with individuals from the Marketing Field and discussions on evolving marketing trends. MECCA’s most significant endeavor till date however, is the organization of the Annual Corporate Quiz of GIM “GIM WIZBIZ”.
GIM WIZBIZ is India’s largest student organized corporate quiz and sees participation of renowned quizzers from all over the country. Started in 2000 and envisioned to boost the student – corporate interaction, WIZBIZ has grown from strength to strength each year. This quizzing event has already created a brand recall for itself in the mind of quizzing aficionados through its unique format. It sees participation from some of the best and most prestigious establishments of the country and several notable quizzers including national winners of quizzes like Tata Crucible and Brand Equity.
WIZBIZ 2015, the 15th edition of this legacy event saw some big corporate sponsors such as NRB group, Syngenta, Bank of India and Dempo to name a few. In the build-up to WIZBIZ a series of 2 online quizzes “E-WIZBIZ”, was conducted on a popular online portal prior to WIZBIZ and also “WIZBIZ Weekly”, a 2 weeks online quiz competition was organized on Facebook.
WIZBIZ 2015 saw participation from companies such as TCS, Tata Capital, Reckitt Benckiser, Acron, Chennai Silks, Genpact, Savoir Faire Media and Capgemini to name a few. With the audience comprising of students and the corporate fraternity, this event hosted by one of India’s most popular quizmasters, Mr. Avinash Mudaliar was a humdinger of an event. The total prize money of the event was a whopping Rs. 2.0 lakhs.The Sports Club
As the student sports club, we at Prayas organise all sports events in GIM. It is our belief that amidst all the hectic schedule of a B-School, it is imperative that all students have a fair share of fun just to make things a little more relaxed. Apart from providing all the sporting equipment we keep an inventory of all the First Aid Medical facilities that may be required in the course of student life.
The main events conducted include:
- Basanti Cup: an annual cricket tournament with participation from both faculty and students.
- Other sports events like Badminton (Smash), Table Tennis (Ping Pong), Football (Kick-Off) and Carom (Caromania) tournaments.
- Panache: the fashion show that brings out the glamour within GIM, conducted as part of Diwali celebrations.
- Veeru Cup: the flagship volley ball tournament of GIM.
- Fun events like Gully Cricket, Kai-poche (Kite flying), Street Football.
From its humble beginnings of silent black and white movies, the world of Cinema has assumed larger than life proportions and morphed itself from a mere medium of entertainment to one of academic interest and research to connoisseurs galore. “Rated Films” is the effort on the part of the management and students @GIM to acclimatize the world with the greatest art form- Cinema. This effort brings together all the Cinema aficionados from the GIM family and celebrates an assortment of the diversified genres of Indian and World Cinema. Over the past year we have not only screened movies in foreign languages which are critically acclaimed but also covered all genres of films. We have also organized events which test the knowledge, which helps to distinguish between a true cinema lover and a movie buff. For winning all events organized by us, all you need is a passion for moviemaking or for watching movies.
“Rated Films” being only in its nascent stage of development has bundle of opportunities for the ones who possess affinity for reviews and discussions about anything and everything about the medium of films. Films help extend the horizons of knowledge. To the student community of GIM and the cinema loving world, we do not only screen the best movies for the light break in your humdrum daily routine, but provide you with a lens to appreciate the art where the guiding force is: Perspective. We, at Rated Films, believe in the fact that Cinema is way beyond the dimensions of what the film maker portrays on the silver screen; it engulfs perspective of its audience creating an aura of wonderment. And that makes a world of difference.
Celebrate Cinema, Celebrate Life.The Cultural Club
RaZzMaTaZz, the cultural club of GIM, organizes various stress busting events throughout the year, both within and outside the campus. These include festival celebrations, parties, talent contests and many other recreational activities. During a year filled with hectic academic schedules and intense workload that is associated with a management course, RaZzMaTaZz provides that much needed opportunity to break-free!
- Our main events include:
- Mid-Summers: The Ice-breaking session between the 2 batches of GIM kick-starts the academic year. On an evening filled with music & frolic, the PGP1s get a chance to showcase their talents at the end of which Mr & Ms Fresher are crowned.
- La Fiesta (The Fresher’s Party): The PGP1s get a glitzy welcome at one of the best venues in Goa. La Fiesta is an evening during which both the batches to get to know each other better and the juniors start feeling at home.
- Zumb-It-Up: Zumba, the new dance fitness program, has caught on like wildfire. A 3-hour long Zumba workshop is conducted for the students to stay fit & learn the dance form. Trust us when we say that you’ll be asking for more at the end of this!
- Musica: The Antakshari Competition- is an annual event in which the singers of GIM display their crooning talent accompanied by a live orchestra in Bollywood music!
- Garba Night: Starting with puja, the colorful and fun-filled night showcases brilliant Garba performances from the students with some of the faculty joining in too.
- Diwali: Far away from home, when GIMites miss the Diwali celebrations at their home-towns, Razzies come to the rescue. The 2-day long Diwali celebration starts with Lakshmi Pooja, followed by aarti & distribution of sweets.
- Sumptuous dinner is served later, followed by amazing fireworks at the stroke of midnight. All hostels are beautifully decorated, with rangolis, diyas and lights; a truly festive occasion in all.
- Christmas: RaZzMaTaZz brings Santa to your doorsteps as the festive season dawns on us. The campus is lit up magnificently & the Christmas tree is adorned with enthusiasm as we ring in the spirit of Christmas. The evening culminates with Serenading the faculty & the students & distribution of cakes & hot chocolate.
- Lohri: A night for the Punjabi folks (and the rest of the students) to dazzle the stage by showcasing their Bhangra moves.
- Beach Please: The Beach Party – is one of the most awaited events of the year. It starts with students indulging themselves by swimming, playing beach volleyball or just lazing around as the sun goes down on a beautiful, serene evening. As the night kicks in, snacks and dinner are provided along with a bonfire and the DJ revs up the music to set the mood for a memorable outing.
- Cheerio (Farewell): An event where we bid farewell to our much-loved seniors and wish them the very best for their future. This is something that you surely wouldn’t want to miss!
- Holi: The campus comes alive as GIM plays Holi desi style with colors, thandai, water tankers and music on its huge football ground.
- Various other events namely - Term Opening Parties at the beginning of each term, other festival celebrations like Sangamam, Bengali Bhoj, and other fun-filled events are held throughout the year.
Ribandar Talks is a student managed club at GIM, which has hosted a number of renowned speakers over the years. These speakers are industry leaders and pioneers of excellence in their field. RT provides a platform through which the students get an opportunity to interact with the stalwarts of the industry.
We have had international ambassadors, CEOs and founders, and marketing managers from the top tier companies, members of RBI and Planning Commission, advertising field and many more who have inspired and enthralled students and faculty. Anil Agarwal (the founder and executive chairman of Vedanta), Rajesh Gangwani (senior VP, JWT) Mr. Daniele Mancicni (Italian ambassador to India and Nepal), PrahladKakkar (Ad Film Director and Founder, Genesis Film Productions), Mahesh Murthy (Founder,CEO of Pinstorm) are a few names that have provided invaluable industry insight and understanding to the future managers at GIM.
Interacting with these eminent personalities provides the students with much needed industry exposure. The practical insights of the outer world are brought to life by these experts who have years of industry experience. This prepares the students and makes them well versed to the challenges faced on field such as the placement interviews. These speakers also provide a lucrative platform for future placement opportunities. Often, the speakers quickly gauge the potential of the GIM students and have been compelled to come back as a possible recruiter.
We at RT are proud to present new speakers week after week to help the students get the best of industry knowledge so that they are prepared for the future challenges.Student Alumni Relations Cell
The Student Alumni Relations Cell works towards achieving a meaningful relationship between the Alumni and the institution. The students being the most important part of the institute graduate into alumni and become the most important long term stakeholders of their Alma matter. The club provides an opportunity for the alumni to interact with the faculty and the students and helps build a relationship which lasts for many years. It helps the Alumni to stay updated on different activities conducted by the college.
Few Prominent Activities:
Grand Alumni Meet is conducted every year at Goa campus, the association also holds summer meets in few of the major cities of India like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru and Pune. These meets helps in bringing alumni together and serves as a platform for alumni to catch up with their batch mates and professors.
"Summer Solstice", an event aimed to encourage students to excel in their Summer Internships. The event is judged by the prominent Alumni from the institute and a gold medal is rewarded to the student for best summer internship project.
"Hangout" - A recent initiative by the Alumni Association focuses on making students of the institute industry ready. Alumni are invited to share their industryThe Health Club
he Health Club acts as a liaison between the different vendors on campus, students and the college management. It not only works closely with the management in enhancing the overall well-being of the students and faculty on campus, but also deals with different vendors who operate on campus; this gives the committee members hands on experience on different business models used by these vendors. Since students are the primary customers, the Health Club acts as an intermediary in processing and evaluating different requests that are raised.
Currently the Health Club looks after the gymnasium, cafeteria, juice shop, cake shop and a stationery shop.
Some of the activities coming under the purview of the Health Club are :
- Procurement and maintenance of gymnasium and its equipment.
- Envisaging different types of vendors that can be accommodated on campus and inviting them to set up shop on campus.
- Framing and designing contractual agreement for different vendors.
- Negotiating with the students, vendors and the college management on various concerns.
- Keeping a check on revenues generated by different businesses and processing of bills.
- Keeping a tab on hygiene and quality of every vendor.
- Changing the vendor in case he fails to satisfy the needs of the students.
|JK Restaurant (Restaurant)|
|Fresh Water Fish Farm (Food)|
|ravindra bhavan (Movie Theater)|
|Shanta Cashew Products (Food)|
|Prabhudeva Hotel (Restaurant)|
|Bank Of Maharashtra (Bank)|
|State Bank of India (SBI) (Bank)|
|HDFC Bank Branch / ATM (Atm)|
|ICICI Bank ATM (Atm)|
|Goa State Cooperative Bank Limited (Bank)|
|HDFC Bank ATM (Atm)|
|State Bank Of India (Bank)|
|Canara Bank (Bank)|
|Syndicate Bank (Bank)|
|Bank Of India (BOI) (Bank)|
|Canara Bank ATM (Atm)|
|Bank of India ATM (Atm)|
Chat with current students of GIM Goa
13 May, 10:41 AMJunia Fernandes
23 Apr, 07:05 PMJunia Fernandes
19 Apr, 11:38 PMJunia Fernandes
06 Jan, 06:45 PMmonika
akanshka is calling you in 5 mins..
06 Jan, 06:44 PMmonika
06 Jan, 06:44 PMKonark Mittal
are you there
06 Jan, 06:43 PMKonark Mittal
06 Jan, 06:42 PMmonika
let my MBA expert call you and explain
06 Jan, 06:42 PMKonark Mittal
06 Jan, 06:41 PMKonark Mittal