- MBA Admission Process 2023
- How to Apply for MBA Course 2023?
- MBA Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Required for MBA Admission 2023
- Entrance Exams for MBA Admissions 2023
- How to Get MBA Admission 2023 into IIMs
- MBA Admission Process 2023 in India for Other Top Colleges
- MBA Admission 2023: Application Deadline for Top MBA Colleges
- MBA Colleges in India Accepting Scores of Top Entrance Exams
- Important Tips for MBA Admission 2023
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Are you planning to pursue an MBA (Master of Business Administration) from IIMs or other management colleges in India? If yes, you must have a complete awareness of the MBA admission process 2023, a list of good MBA colleges, management entrance exams, and others.
Not all the business schools in India follow a similar pattern of the MBA admission process and different components determine the eligibility of candidates for admission to an MBA course. In general, the top B-Schools follow a four-step process for giving admission to MBA courses. The MBA admission season generally starts from September to November and lasts until May to June. This article contains everything you need to know about MBA Admissions 2023.
Meanwhile, candidates can download the CAT 2022 Question Paper for Slot 1, Slot 2, and Slot 3, as well as the CAT exam analysis 2022, and CAT 2022 answer key, and know about the CAT cutoff 2022 for IIMs from the links below. They can also get access to the memory-based questions that will be made accessible in a PDF format.
|CAT Question Paper 2022|
|CAT Exam Analysis 2022|
|CAT 2022 Answer Key|
|CAT Cutoff 2022 for IIMs|
MBA Admission Process 2023
The major difference between various B-Schools regarding the MBA admission process is the acceptability of entrance test scores. The subsequent stages of the admission process such as Group Discussion/ Written Ability Test/ Personal Interview are almost similar in all the top B-Schools across the country. Let us start with the MBA application process to get more insight into MBA admissions 2023.
How to Apply for MBA Course 2023?
The points mentioned below give a detailed analysis of the application process for MBA 2023. Candidates aspiring to enroll in an MBA program in the upcoming academic session must go through all the factors regarding the application process listed here.
- 98% of MBA colleges in India accept online applications for admission to MBA courses. The online application process is very easy and all that students will have to do is visit the official website of the respective B-School.
- The online application link will be active on the homepage of the respective B-School website with heading such as ‘Admissions 2023’, ‘Apply Now,' ‘Register Now,’ ‘Online Application Form,’ ‘Click Here to Register,’ etc.
- Students will have to fill in all the personal, educational, and work experience details asked in the application form.
- Most B-schools consider the score of any of the national or state-level management entrance exams for admissions. Therefore, students need to submit the score of the entrance exam and roll number along with the online application form.
- A valid e-mail ID and mobile number are mandatory to fill out the online application.
- Applicants can pay the prescribed application fee through the official website of the institute. The application fee payment can be done by using a Credit/ Debit Card or Net Banking.
- Certain B-Schools offer direct admission to eligible candidates. These candidates can submit the online application form and wait for a call from the respective institute. The admission may be based on merit/ GD/ WAT/ PI.
MBA Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for MBA admissions in India include the educational details, such as aggregate marks in Class 10th, 12th, and Graduation, lower and upper age limit, nationality, valid scores of entrance exams, and more. Candidates seeking MBA admission in the academic session 2023-25 must meet the following requirement listed below:
|MBA Admission Eligibility Criterion||Details|
|Class 10th & 12th Scores||Those who have completed 10+2 education from a recognized board with aggregate marks of 50% can apply for MBA admissions.|
|Bachelor's Degree||Graduation in any stream with a 50% minimum aggregate marks from a recognized university (45% for reserved categories).|
|Final Year Graduation||Candidates who are in the final year of their graduation can also apply for MBA admissions 2023. However, the admission will be confirmed after they provide the final degree as proof.|
|Entrance Exam Scores||Students with a valid score in any of the management entrance exams such as CAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ GMAT/ MAT/ ATMA/ NMAT are eligible to apply for admissions.|
Note: The eligibility criteria for MBA admissions vary as per the college. Make sure to check the eligibility criteria mentioned on the official website of the MBA college to which you are applying for admission.
Documents Required for MBA Admission 2023
Here is the list of all the mandatory documents required to submit/ upload while taking MBA admission:
- Entrance Test Score Card and Admit Card
- Bachelor’s degree Certificate/ Marks Sheet
- Higher Secondary Certificate (Class 10) and Senior Secondary School Certificate (Class 12)
- Category Certificate (If Required)
- Identify Proof (most probably Aadhar – Xerox copy)
- Work Experience Certificate (Only for those who have work experience)
Entrance Exams for MBA Admissions 2023
Here is the list of popular MBA entrance exams for MBA admission along with important dates:
Name of the Exam
Registration Starting Date
Last Date to Apply
|August 3, 2022||September 21, 2022||November 27, 2022|
|October 1, 2022||November 24, 2022||December 18, 2022|
|July 1, 2022||December 16, 2022||December 24 & 25, 2022|
August 10, 2022
November 30, 2022
|January 8, 2023|
|First Week of November 2023||Last Week of November 2023||First Week of January 2023|
|August 4, 2022||November 24, 2022||December 10, 18 & 23, 2022|
June 1, 2022
June 16, 2022
July 24, 2022
|June 6, 2022||November 26, 2022||December 4, 2022|
|March 17, 2022||May 11, 2022||August 23, 24 & 25, 2022|
|May 12, 2022||June 10, 2022||July 25, 2022|
|April 6, 2022||June 27, 2022||July 27 & July 28, 2022|
|NMAT by GMAC||August 1, 2022||October 12, 2022||October 10 to December 19, 2022|
|MAT 2022 (December)|
How to Get MBA Admission 2023 into IIMs
CAT score is mandatory to get admission into IIMs (Indian Institutes of Management). You can use the CAT Percentile Predictor to estimate whether or not you will be able to meet the IIM CAT cut-off criteria basis last year's trends. More details about the IIM admission process are elaborated on below.
At present, there are 20 IIM colleges in India, and almost all the institutes open and close the PG management admission process simultaneously. Usually, the admission process at IIMs begins after the announcement of CAT results. The admission process will go on for months, as the selection process involves different stages.
Apart from IIMs, FMS of Delhi University and Jawaharlal Nehru University will also accept CAT scores for admission to MBA courses, and the admission process is similar to IIMs. In India, almost 3,000 business schools consider CAT scores for admission to management courses at the postgraduate level.
Before understanding the admission process of IIMs, let us take a look at the list of IIMs, which is divided into three categories: Old IIMs, New IIMs, and Baby or Newest IIMs. The oldest Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) in India are popular for academic excellence. The New IIMs are set up in the last five to seven years while the Baby IIms are set up in recent years (3-4 years ago).
|IIM Ahmedabad||IIM Udaipur||IIM Visakhapatnam|
|IIM Bangalore||IIM Tiruchirapalli||IIM Sirmaur|
|IIM Calcutta||IIM Rohtak||IIM Sambalpur|
|IIM Lucknow||IIM Ranchi||IIM Nagpur|
|IIM Kozhikode||IIM Raipur||IIM Jammu|
|IIM Shillong||IIM Kashipur||IIM Bodhgaya|
|IIM Indore||-||IIM Amritsar|
Various Stages for MBA Admission 2023 into IIMs
The preliminary shortlisting/ selection process of candidates in all the IIMs is similar, but the subsequent stages of the admission process are different. The preliminary stage of the selection process at IIMs is to ensure and determine a candidate’s eligibility for MBA admission in an IIM. The MBA admission process 2023 at IIMs involves the following four stages:
- Stage I – Determining Eligibility for MBA Admission: A graduate from any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks at the UG level is eligible to apply for the IIM CAT entrance exam.
- Stage II – Apply and Appear for CAT: All eligible candidates must apply for the CAT exam.
- Stage III – Shortlisting by IIMs for MBA Admissions: After the announcement of CAT results, IIMs will release the first shortlist for MBA admission 2019. In the process of shortlisting eligible candidates, IIMs will independently award weightage to CAT exam score, academic diversity, gender, work experience, academic profile, etc., Some IIMs shortlist the candidates only based on CAT score. This is also based on the CAT exam analysis.
- Stage IV – Final Round of IIMs MBA Admission Process: The shortlisted candidates will be called for the final stage of the selection process which involves WAT (Written Ability Test)/ Group Discussion/ Personal Interview. Popular IIMs give higher weightage to GD/ PI than the CAT score.
If your final score after the above round is higher, you will get admission to IIMs.
Note: The shortlisting/ selection criteria, weightage, etc., are announced independently by the respective IIMs after the announcement of CAT results.
MBA Admission Process 2023 in India for Other Top Colleges
Almost all the other business schools follow a similar pattern of the selection process for MBA courses that involves entrance test scores, GD/ PI/ WAT. Here is a list of some of the business schools and their selection process.
MBA Admission 2023: Application Deadline for Top MBA Colleges
The table given below provides a list of some of the leading MBA colleges in India along with their application deadline for the upcoming academic session. Candidates who seek admission to any of these colleges for the academic cycle of 2023-25 must ensure that they apply to the institute before the given deadline.
Name of the MBA College
XIM-Xavier University Bhubaneswar
XAT, CAT, GMAT, and XGMT
CAT, GMAT, NMAT, IBSAT
CAT, GMAT, NMAT, IBSAT
CAT, XAT, GMAT
CAT, XAT, GMAT
CAT, XAT, GMAT
CAT and XAT
Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi
IIT Delhi - Department of Management Studies
CAT, XAT, IRMASAT
CAT, XAT, GMAT, CMAT
K J Somaiya, Mumbai
CAT, XAT, GMAT, CMAT
BHU - Banaras Hindu University
CAT, XAT, CMAT
MBA Colleges in India Accepting Scores of Top Entrance Exams
The table given below gives the list of all the top MBA colleges in India that accept top management entrance exams like CAT, CMAT, XAT, NMAT by GMAC, etc. for their admission process. Click on the links to know the colleges and the exams they accept.
Important Tips for MBA Admission 2023
Candidates can follow some of the important tips mentioned below to increase their chances of getting an MBA admission.
- The candidates need to aim for getting a good score in the management entrance exam.
- Apart from appearing for a single entrance exam, it is advisable to take multiple entrance exams to increase admission chances and enhance knowledge.
- Do not aspire for only one top institute, you will have to make a list of top B-Schools to increase the chances of admission.
- If you want to achieve an MBA seat in a top B-School, be ready to migrate to large cities such as Bangalore, Delhi, etc.,
- Participate in Group discussions and Personal Interviews with utmost confidence. Always try to grab the opportunity to express your ideas in GD. Try to give logical explanations and answers in GD and PI.
- Before taking admission to any institute, visit the campus to have more clarity and a better understanding of the respective institute.
- Explore the placement record of the institute over the last three to four years.
|Tips for MBA Admissions|
|Extempore Speech in MBA Admissions: Topics, Tips|
|How to Build Your Profile for MBA Admissions||Tips to Prepare for MBA Entrance Exams|
Getting admission into a good MBA college is not as hard as it is often made out to be. If you keep a steady head, plan, be practical while shortlisting the colleges and courses that will be the most beneficial to you, and follow the proper process, you are sure to find yourself enrolled in one of India’s top B-Schools. Remember that doing proper research will help you avoid any roadblocks that may arise in the MBA admission process.
You can fill out the Common Application Form (CAF) and apply to the popular MBA colleges in India. For all admission-related inquiries, you can contact our student helpline at 1800-572-9877. We wish Good Luck to all those aspiring to get MBA admission in the 2023-25 batch!
|MBA Fees in India: Check Fees of Top MBA Colleges in India||MBA Admissions in Maharashtra 2023|
|Best MBA Specializations in India||Distance MBA in India: Top Distance MBA Colleges, Courses & Fees|