The mission of the Central Library is to facilitate creation of new knowledge through acquisition, organization and dissemination of knowledge resources and providing for value added services. The library is spread over 6000sq ft and has a seating capacity for 200students. The library has an excellent collection of books, journals and non-book materials in Science, Engineering, Technology, Humanities, Social science and Management. It maintains separate collections of Reference Books, standard, bound volumes of Journals, Technical Reports, previous question papers, CD-ROMSs, DVDs, Periodicals, etc. At present, the library has a collection of around 6,500 titles and 18,500 volumes of books, Reports and Reference material. Besides standard textbooks, the library contains books of literature and general interest. Books are classified and arranged as per Dewy Decimal Classification (DDC), so that members can locate books easily. The library is digitalized and operates on SOUL software. In addition to the Central Library, there are Departmental Libraries for all Departments. The library is completely computerized and the circulation is based on barcode system. The MBCET library is an Institutional Member of AICTE- INDEST (Indian National Digital Library in Engineering, Science and Technology) consortium which provides E-journal of IEL Online (IEEE), ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers), ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers), etc.Apart from the conventional library, there exists a digital library which contains sufficient digital documents such as E-books, E-Journals, Technical Reports, Project Reports, etc. The library has access to around 75 National Journals and 1800 International Journals. The MBCET library renewed access to the 8 set E-journal packages viz. Elsevier’s Science Direct, Springer Link, McGraw Hill’s Access Engineering, ASTM Digital Library, J-Gate(JET), IEEE (ASPP & POP), ASCE and ASME. The above E-resources can be accessed through the campus-wide fiber-optic network to all computers in the Institute.