Get details on Fee, Cut off marks, admission process for session 2019.
- The campus is composed of 58 buildings located near Camden Yards and Baltimore's famous Lexington Market. Construction on a new 114,000-square-foot (10,600 m2) campus center began at the start of 2007 and opened in August 2009 as the Southern Management Corporation Campus Center (SMC Center).
- The SMC Center contains dining facilities, meeting locations and the campus's gymnasium and recreation facility, URecFit.
- UMB has also recently undertaken a vast west campus expansion.
- This 10-acre (40,000 m2) project, known as BioPark, will create ten new buildings containing a total of 1,200,000 square feet (110,000 m2) of classroom, lab, and office space.
- In addition, University of Maryland Medical System has cleared a downtown site for the construction of a $329 million ambulatory care center.
- The university is served by the University Center/Baltimore Street station of the Baltimore Light Rail system, which is at the eastern edge of campus. The Orange Route of the free Charm City Circulator provides service to both the BioPark and through the UMB campus to the Inner Harbor and points east.
University of Maryland--Baltimore County offers a number of student services, including nonremedial tutoring, women's center, placement service, day care, health service, health insurance.
University of Maryland--Baltimore County also offers campus safety and security services like 24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc).
Of the students at University of Maryland--Baltimore County, 72 percent have cars on campus.
Alcohol is permitted for students of legal age at University of Maryland--Baltimore County.
Area 60 Acres
Total Students 5884
Interested in this college?