Canara Engineering College (CEC Mangalore) is situated in Mangalore in Karnataka state of India. Established in 2001, it is accredited from AICTE and it is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University. Canara Engineering College CEC Mangalore, Mangalore offers 8 courses across 2 streams namely Engineering, Sciences and across 3 degrees like B.E., Ph.D, M.Tech. Canara Engineering College campus is spread over 26 Acres. Hostel facility is available for its students. Additional campus facilities such as Math Lab, ATM, Boys Hostel, Canteen, Comp. Lab, Hospital, Lib, Medical Fac., Cls. Room, Music are also there. Canara Engineering College accepts Karnataka PGCET - Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test for admission into Engineering courses
Area 26 Acres
- Math Lab
- Boys Hostel
- Comp. Lab
- Medical Fac.
- Cls. Room
- post off.
Awards and Rankings
Students Achievements :
- Two teams of our college bagged 2nd and 3rd place in National Robotics Championship (Zonal) held at KPT on 26th and 27th August 2015. These two teams are selected to represent our college in National level championship to be held at IIT, Madras.II Place won by Akshatha Mallya, Anjali Shetty, Floyd Sequira (3rd year E&EE), Prajwal K, Karunakar Pai (4th year E&C). III place won by Srigowri, Nikhila D (3rd year E&EE), Rakesh Kamath (4th year E&EE), Vignesh Kamath, Rohan Shenoy (3rd year E&C).
- The final year project titled ‘Remote controlled tree climbing machine for arecanut tree’ by Chandrakanth Shenoy, Arpith Kumar, Loyal Rayan and Manoj Kumar guided by H Raghuveera had received a grant of Rs. 6,000/- under 38th series of Karnataka state student project programme 2014-15. They have demonstrated the project in Student Project Programme held at MV Shetty Institute of Technology, Moodabidre on 23rd May 2015 and selected for area level presentation at Mangalore.
- Floyd James Sequeira, IV semester was nominated as Student representative in IEEE Ex- Com committee for the year 2015-16.
- Abhijin P R, Chethan Kumar, Dayananda K, Prathap Kumar, Prajna T, Sarvesh, Savitha C K and Sheethal P S of final year have under gone internship and training on Thermal Plant Familiarization at JSW Energy Limited, Toranagallu, Bellary for 6 days.
- Floyd James Sequeira, IV semester attended 3 days certification program on Machine Building and Robotics in January 2015.
- Jaidev J, Sherin Linda Fonseca, Chaitra, Suhas.K.A and Manasa P C have undergone Industrial training for 8 days at KIOCL Limited from 10th January to 17th January 2015.
- Deekshitha R of VI semester had internship of 22 days at Navyug Energy from 25th December 2014 to 16th January 2015.
- Akshatha A Mallya, Bhagyaraju Mahesh and Vivek R Shenoy of IV semester, attended a one day program- PRERNA the confluence of ideas and motivation, VAA association, Mangalore on 21st February 2015.
- Floyd James Sequeira, IV semester attended Guest Lecture by Sudhindra kaushik, vice chair, IEEE BANGALORE SECTION on “Innovation & U” on 14th March 2015.
- Floyd James Sequeira, IV semester participated in India’s Biggest Robotics Championship at IIT Mumbai on 4th and 5th April 2015.
scholarships to Bright Eligible GSB students on MERIT CUM MEANS BASIS.
The ASR Pai Memorial fund, Mangalore is desirous of extending financial support to the bright deserving GSB students pursuing professional courses for the academic year 2oL5-16' The motto of the Fund is "The bright young GSB students shall not be deprived of education for want of funds,,.
The bright students who have secured ranking up to for Engineering ' Medical examinations and who require financial support to seek admission into professional courses, can apply to ASR Pai fund for availing ioan scholarship to enable them to get admissioris to various professional colleges aliotted by KARNATAKA EXAMINATION AUTHORITY.
After getting the ioan scholarship sanctioned and getting admission to the various colleges' they can again apply for free scholarship/ roan scholarship of centenary scholarship scheme of ASR Pai fund in the normal course as per the scheme of the fund. This opportunity is made avaiiable by the fund as a novel scheme to help the students seeking admission in the first year of the professional course as the sanctioning of scholarships in the normal course after admission wilr take time fbr processing such applications. The eligible students can avail the benefits offered by the fund by approaching theoffrce and submitting the loan scholarship application forms before 1b days of date ofcounselling' The selection of the candidates and the loan scholarship to be awarded is at thediscretion of the managing committee depending upon the number of applicants andavailability of funds. The fund has stepped into 102 year of useful service to the GSB community. For thepast 102 years loan and free scholarships have been granted to the deserving meritorious and poor students of the GSB community by awarding free/ loan scholarships.
Training and Placement Department is established as an integral part of the College with an active role in career services for its Students. The Department is headed by Mrs. Deepa Kamath, Training & Placement Officer. She is supported by staff coordinators and student co-ordinators from each department. The vital role of T&P Cell is to groom & shape the students and make them ...
Contact Details of Canara Engineering College, Mangalore
Address:Benjanapadavu, Bantwal Taluk Mangalore, D.K. District Karnataka, India - 574219
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place