Canara Engineering College is situated in Mangalore in Karnataka state of India. Established in 2001, it is accredited from AICTE and it is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University. CEC, Mangalore offers 8 courses across 2 streams namely Engineering, Sciences and across 3 degrees like B.E., Ph.D, M.Tech. CEC campus is spread over 26 Acres. Hostel facility is available for its students. Additional campus facilities such as Math Lab, ATM, Boys Hostel, Canteen, Comp. Lab, Hospital, Lib, Medical Fac., Cls. Room, Music are also there. Canara Engineering College accepts Karnataka PGCET - Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test for admission into Engineering courses
Area 26 Acres
Total Students 504
Hostel Facility True
Total Course 8
- Math Lab
- Boys Hostel
- Comp. Lab
- Medical Fac.
- Cls. Room
- post off.
Awards and Rankings
Students Achievements :
- Two teams of our college bagged 2nd and 3rd place in National Robotics Championship (Zonal) held at KPT on 26th and 27th August 2015. These two teams are selected to represent our college in National level championship to be held at IIT, Madras.II Place won by Akshatha Mallya, Anjali Shetty, Floyd Sequira (3rd year E&EE), Prajwal K, Karunakar Pai (4th year E&C). III place won by Srigowri, Nikhila D (3rd year E&EE), Rakesh Kamath (4th year E&EE), Vignesh Kamath, Rohan Shenoy (3rd year E&C).
- The final year project titled ‘Remote controlled tree climbing machine for arecanut tree’ by Chandrakanth Shenoy, Arpith Kumar, Loyal Rayan and Manoj Kumar guided by H Raghuveera had received a grant of Rs. 6,000/- under 38th series of Karnataka state student project programme 2014-15. They have demonstrated the project in Student Project Programme held at MV Shetty Institute of Technology, Moodabidre on 23rd May 2015 and selected for area level presentation at Mangalore.
- Floyd James Sequeira, IV semester was nominated as Student representative in IEEE Ex- Com committee for the year 2015-16.
- Abhijin P R, Chethan Kumar, Dayananda K, Prathap Kumar, Prajna T, Sarvesh, Savitha C K and Sheethal P S of final year have under gone internship and training on Thermal Plant Familiarization at JSW Energy Limited, Toranagallu, Bellary for 6 days.
- Floyd James Sequeira, IV semester attended 3 days certification program on Machine Building and Robotics in January 2015.
- Jaidev J, Sherin Linda Fonseca, Chaitra, Suhas.K.A and Manasa P C have undergone Industrial training for 8 days at KIOCL Limited from 10th January to 17th January 2015.
- Deekshitha R of VI semester had internship of 22 days at Navyug Energy from 25th December 2014 to 16th January 2015.
- Akshatha A Mallya, Bhagyaraju Mahesh and Vivek R Shenoy of IV semester, attended a one day program- PRERNA the confluence of ideas and motivation, VAA association, Mangalore on 21st February 2015.
- Floyd James Sequeira, IV semester attended Guest Lecture by Sudhindra kaushik, vice chair, IEEE BANGALORE SECTION on “Innovation & U” on 14th March 2015.
- Floyd James Sequeira, IV semester participated in India’s Biggest Robotics Championship at IIT Mumbai on 4th and 5th April 2015.
Training and Placement Department is established as an integral part of the College with an active role in career services for its Students. The Department is headed by Mrs. Deepa Kamath, Training & Placement Officer. She is supported by staff coordinators and student co-ordinators from each department. The vital role of T&P Cell is to groom & shape the students and make them ...
Contact Details of Canara Engineering College, Mangalore
Address:Benjanapadavu, Bantwal Taluk Mangalore, D.K. District Karnataka, India - 574219