St. Joseph Engineering College - SJEC - SJEC
- SJEC is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum, Karnataka State, and is recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
- Established in 2002, the College offers top class education in Engineering, Business Administration and Computer Applications at UG, PG and Research levels. It has well qualified staff, state of the art laboratories and all facilities. Presently about 2300 students are studying in the College.
- The College provides for a wide variety of co-curricular and extra-curricular activities which give a head-start to students, developing their personality and imparting skills of decision-making and leadership. Campus Placement Department assists student’s secure good jobs.
- Ten batches have passed out of the College since its inception in 2002. SJEC has recorded 98.27%, 94.32%, 94.59%, 93.23%, 98.08%, 96.98%, 95.43%, 97.47%, 97.36%, and 94.27% passes over the years.
- In the current academic year 2016-17, a total of 314 students are placed through Campus Placement Drives as of February 2016. The placement is currently ongoing. The placement status at SJEC is the best among V.T.U institutions of the region.
|List of entrance exams||KCET- BE/B.Tech, SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination (SRMJEEE) - Health Sciences UG, COMEDK UG Medical and Dental Entrance Exam, CMAT, Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (KMAT), Karnataka PGCET - Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test|
In the present scenario the maximum demand for placement of students arise from IT companies like TCS, Infosys, Wipro, L&T Infotech, Accenture, Cognizant, HCL etc. who normally require large number of candidates for effective selection. At the same time the companies want to save time and cost of campus selection work. To meet this requirement a placement consortium of 12 colleges of Mangalore Region has been formed. With the team effort, the placement process has been successful during the past few years and the process is on-going.
To get a company to the campus for placements, the team establishes contact and finds out the requirement of manpower and infrastructure facilities for conducting campus selection. Sometimes, a few reputed IT companies like Infosys, Cognizant, Tech Mahindra have asked for details in the prescribed formats from the colleges in the consortium. At the initial stage they send their HR team to conduct a survey and decide the common pool centre for campus recruitment.
After necessary study of the colleges, the companies ask for the resume of eligible students of final or pre-final year of different branches as per their requirement. They finalize a suitable date for conducting the campus selection at one of the consortium colleges after consultation with all stakeholders.
Normally the sequence of campus recruitment programme followed by most of the IT companies is as follows :
- Pre Placement Talk
- Written Test – Aptitude/Technical and HR
- Group Discussion
- Interview – Technical and HR
After the completion of the above, the companies declare the list of selected students and mention the date of sending the offer letters. Offer letters to the students are received as per the commitment from the companies and distributed to the students for their acceptance and return intimation to companies.
The average salary offered by Companies conducting placement drives for SJEC students is 3.5 Lacs.
|Number of visiting companies||3|
|Average Salary||3.5 lacs|