Indira Gandhi Medical College is situated in Shimla in Himachal Pradesh state of India. Established in 1966, it is accredited from AICTE and it is affiliated to Himachal Pradesh University. IGMC SHIMLA, Shimla offers 26 courses across 4 streams namely Medical, Pharmacy, Paramedical, Nursing and across 4 degrees like MBBS, BSc, MS (Surgery), MD.Hostel facility is not available for its students. Additional campus facilities such as Boys Hostel, Mess, Library, Medical Facilities, Cls. Room are also there. b'Indira Gandhi Medical College' accepts National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test-(NEET-UG) for admission into Engineering courses and National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test-(NEET-UG) for admission into Engineering courses
- Boys Hostel
- Medical Facilities
- Cls. Room
Awards and Rankings
- National level award-for best publication of the year 2012 in mycology " Prof. G. Senthalmil Selvi award 2012" presented by President Dr. Suresh Talwar, Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists and Leprologists at Ahmedabad in National conference in January 2013 for Sporotrichosis in Sub-Himalayan India by Santwana Verma*, Ghanshyam K. Verma, Gagandeep Singh, Anil Kanga, Vinay Shanker, Digvijay Singh, Poonam Gupta, Kiran Mokta, Vinita Sharma. Plosntds. org 1 June 2012 | Volume 6 | Issue 6 | e1673.
Dr.Poonam Thakur Jr. Resident III yr. bagged the 2 nd Best Paper Award GUST LECTURES ORGANISED :Organised inter departmental GUST LECTURES on various Cancer 2012-13.
That Dr. A.K. Sahai, Prof, Head Pharmacology got award " Eminent Educationist Award November 2012" by National and international compendium, New Delhi.
Dr. Bargavee Venkat (3rd year PG student) awarded certificate for securing first position in the "17th Residents' Review Course Quiz held in October 2013" and conducted by "Radiology Education Foundation, Mumbai."
Dr.Santosh Minhas and Dr.Poojan Dogra are the recipient of IOC Dr.Stya Paul Awards 2012 for Best Case Report.
The team of PG students stood first in the preliminary round out of 12 teams participated in YUVA FOGSI- North Zone meet in 2013.
Dr. Manika Saluja won the best paper award in AOI HPchapter conference in March, 2012 held at Bilaspur HP.
- Dr. N. k. Mohindroo , Dr. Ramesh Azad and Dr. Jagdeep S. Thakur were invited faculty in ENT update conducted by PGI , Chandigarh in September, 2013.
- Dr. Vidya and Dr. Vishal won the Inter college quiz held in PGI, Chandigarh on 20-21 September 2013. Dr. N.K. Mohindroo was invited guest speaker in 26th, All India Rhinology Society conference held in Baroda September 2013.
- Dr. N. K. Mohindroo & Dr. Jagdeep S. Thakur were nominated as governing body members of All India Rhinology Society in Baroda September 2013.
- Dr. Rajeev Bhardwaj was invited to present Challenging Cases in Transcatheter based interventions at TCT San Francisco California Sept 2013
- Dr. P C Negi was selected for one Year Course on PH Leadership and Professional development in Rollins School of Public Health Emory University Atlanta Georgia USA. In May 2013 to April 2014.
Contact Details of Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla
Address:Circular Road, Lakkar Bazar, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh 171001