- Malnad College of Engineering established in the year 1960, during the second 5 year plan, as a joint venture of Government of India, Government of Karnataka and the Malnad Technical Education Society, Hassan.
- the Malnad college of engineering is now a reputed Engineering college in the country.
- The college has earned “ISTE Award” as one of the Best Engineering Colleges in the Country, in the year 2007.
- Located midway, (13°N and 76.5°E, altitude 943 mtrs.) between Bangalore (180 kms) and Mangalore (170 kms) on NH-75, Hassan, a District Head Quarters, having a steady temperate climate throughout the year, enjoys an annual rainfall of about 900 mm.
- World famous temples of Belur, Halebid and Sravanabelagola, and the Master Control Facility for INSAT Satellites are located in Hassan District.
- The College is built on a 41.28 acres campus and has all the facilities expected in a modern Engineering College.
- The college offers 9 B.E, 5 M.Tech and MCA programmes, with about 2750 students on rolls.
- The college is one of the few Engineering Colleges in the country recognized for conducting the Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP) sponsored by the World Bank.
- The Placement & Training centre in the college trains and assists the students in securing employment in reputed companies like Tata Consultancy, Infosys, Wipro, L&T, BEL, Fistchner, Builders’ Association of India etc., through campus recruitment programme.
MCE Hassan Pictures & Videos
MCE Hassan Vision and Mission
To emerge as one of the finest Automobile Engineering departments in India in education and research though focussed, effective and sustained monitoring of its courses and resources. MISSION To produce competent professional workforce for the national / global automotive industry. To continue improving the standards of skills training that meets the National and international education ...
Awards & Rankings
Students Students of the Department competed in National level Auto Quiz (WISSEN) held at Bijapur during 2012-13 and secured 1st place. Students of the Department competed in National level Auto Quiz held at Mandya during 2012-13 and secured 3rd place. Students of the Department participated at state level paper presentation in “Wheeled Evolution”-2012 at PESCE, ...