To provide financial assistance to meritorious needy and deserving students belonging to the economically weaker sections.
Under this Scheme financial Assistance to undergraduate students shall be provided as follows:
Under this Scheme financial Assistance at Centre level shall be provided to postgraduate students at the Centre
The students who fulfill the following criteria may apply for the financial assistance
under this Scheme
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate students of the regular programme of NIFT excluding those admitted under NRI/ NRI sponsored category.
- The students fulfilling the criteria of parental income slab as stipulated in section 4.1 & 4.2.
- All the eligible first year students may apply irrespective of their ranks and marks in the entrance exam
- For the continuation of financial assistance to the students in 2nd , 3rd and 4th year of undergraduate level and 2nd year of postgraduate level, minimum average 6.00 SGPA in the last two consecutive semesters will be a necessary condition. The students will be required to submit their application for continuation of financial assistance in the next year along with all the documents in the beginning of the semester i.e. before the end of previous semester. This will be decided by the Centre before the fee is collected for the semester, from the students.
- The student should not have failed in any semester in the previous years of study in NIFT and must have cleared all the subjects of the previous semesters. Provided, relaxation may be sought from the competent authority in case a student has repeated the semester due to health reason