National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFTC) is situated in Chennai in Tamil Nadu state of India. Established in 1995, it is accredited from Other and it is affiliated to National Institute of Fashion Technology. National Institute of Fashion Technology NIFTC, Chennai offers 9 courses across 2 streams namely Design, Engineering and across 4 degrees like B.Des, M.F.M-Fashion, , M.Ed..Hostel facility is available for its students. Additional campus facilities such as Math Lab, Acad. Zone, AV Lab, Audi, ATM, Canteen, CSC, Convo. Hall, Counselling, Fest are also there.
- Math Lab
- Acad. Zone
- AV Lab
- Convo. Hall
- Cultural zone
- Digi sign
- Edu. Fest
- Girls Hostel
- Medical Fac.
Awards and Rankings
NIFT Chennai is consistently retaining 5th position among Top 10 Fashion Institutes of India since 2014 in the Survey by Outlook Magazine.
NIFT MEANS – CUM - MERIT FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE SCHEME
Short Title / Commencement:
- The policy shall be called “NIFT’s Means – cum – Merit Financial Assistance Scheme”.
- The financial assistance under NIFT’s Means – cum – Merit Financial Assistance Scheme” is not an entitlement. It shall be subject to conditions and process prescribed in this policy
- This policy shall come into force with effect from academic year 2011-12
Purpose:To provide financial assistance to meritorious needy and deserving students belonging to the economically weaker sections.Applicability of the Scheme:
Under this Scheme financial Assistance to undergraduate students shall be provided as follows:
- The Means – cum – Merit Financial Assistance Scheme” will be applicable to all the regular students of NIFT fulfilling prescribed criteria. The benefits of this Scheme shall not extend to NRI/ NRI sponsored students.
- The scheme will cover all eligible students provided their numbers are within
- 25% of the overall student strength of all the NIFT Centres as a collective.
Category Parental Income ceiling per anumPercentage of FinancialAssistance A.Upto 1.0 Lakhs 75% of the Tuition Fee B.Above 1.0 Lakhs to 2.5 Lakhs 50% of the Tuition Fee C.Above 2.5 Lakhs to 4.0 Lakhs 25% of the Tuition FeeUnder this Scheme financial Assistance at Centre level shall be provided to postgraduate students at the Centre Income ceiling per anum Percentage Financial AssistanceUpto 1.0 Lakhs 50% of the Tuition FeeUpto 1.0 to 2.5 Lakhs 25% of the Tuition FeeThe students who fulfill the following criteria may apply for the financial assistanceunder this Scheme
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate students of the regular programme of NIFT excluding those admitted under NRI/ NRI sponsored category.
- The students fulfilling the criteria of parental income slab as stipulated in section 4.1 & 4.2.
- All the eligible first year students may apply irrespective of their ranks and marks in the entrance exam
- For the continuation of financial assistance to the students in 2nd , 3rd and 4th year of undergraduate level and 2nd year of postgraduate level, minimum average 6.00 SGPA in the last two consecutive semesters will be a necessary condition. The students will be required to submit their application for continuation of financial assistance in the next year along with all the documents in the beginning of the semester i.e. before the end of previous semester. This will be decided by the Centre before the fee is collected for the semester, from the students.
- The student should not have failed in any semester in the previous years of study in NIFT and must have cleared all the subjects of the previous semesters. Provided, relaxation may be sought from the competent authority in case a student has repeated the semester due to health reason
NIFT’s prime objective has been to spawn a critical mass of highly competent technical professionals in the area of Fashion Design, Technology and Management capable of providing leadership to the Indian Fashion Industry, to enable it to compete better in the global economy.
NIFT Professionals are some of the most creative mind a country can offer with a burning desire ...
National Institute of Fashion Technology News
Contact Details of National Institute of Fashion Technology, Chennai
Address:NIFT Campus, Near Tidel Park and Software Technology Park of India, Rajiv Gandhi Salai, Taramani , Old Mahabalipuram Road, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India- 600113
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place