Indian Institute of Technology (IIT BHU) Varanasi Placements
Placements Stats for All Degrees
The Training & Placement Office, IIT (BHU) Varanasi facilitates the process of placement of students passing out from the Institute besides collaborating with leading organizations and institutes in setting up of internship and training program of students. The office liaises with various industrial establishments, corporate houses etc which conduct campus interviews and select graduate and post-graduate students from all disciplines. The Training & Placement Office provides the infra-structural facilities to conduct group discussions, tests and interviews besides catering to other logistics. The Office interacts with many industries in the country, of which nearly 200 companies visit the campus for holding campus interviews. The industries which approach the institute come under the purview of: Core Engineering industries IT & IT enabled services Manufacturing Industries Consultancy Firms Finance Companies Management Organisations R & D laboratories.
The placement season runs through the course of the year commencing the last week of July through to March. Pre-Placement Talks are also conducted in this regard as per mutual convenience. Job offers, dates of interviews, selection of candidates etc. are announced through the Training & Placement Office. The Placement Office is assisted by a committee comprising representatives of students from the under-graduate and post-graduate engineering streams. The committee evolves a broad policy framework every year besides a set of rules which are inviolable. Students members are closely co-opted in implementing these policy decisions.
- The company should fill in the Job Notification Form (JNF) and submit it to the Training and Placement Cell (TPC) as an e-mail attachment to email@example.com, or as a hard copy. The JNF serves as an introduction of the job profile for the benefit of the candidates and also informs them of the company's requirements.
- The relevant content of the JNF is electronically broadcasted to all the students along with the other additional information furnished by the company.
- The company can ask for the resumes of interested students and has the liberty to shortlist them before the beginning of the placement process.
- The company will be allotted slots and dates for conducting Pre-Placement Talk (PPT)/Written Test/Online Test, with a request to confirm the same by a specified date. On failing to do so, the allotted slot may be given to other companies on their request. Request for any change in the slot can be entertained subject to its availability.
- TPC advises the companies to conduct the PPT before the recruitment process for the final placement commences. This will provide ample time to the students for making a considered decision in joining the company. Early conduct of Written/Online test may facilitate the company in earning an early slot for final placement.
- In case the company finds it inconvenient to visit the campus twice for going through its complete selection process, it can be accommodated to carry out the entire selection process, including PPT, during final placement season on a mutually agreed date. However, in such a situation it may not be possible to accommodate the company in the early days of the final placement season.
- The final placement process (Group Discussion (GD)/Interview) shall start from December 01, 2017.
- The list of shortlisted students for the final placement process is to be mailed to the TPC by the company prior to December 01, 2017 .
- The placement process will be slotted as per the details given below:
- December 01, 2017 - December 04, 2017: Two slots/day
(a) Slot 1 : 08:00 AM - 03:00 PM
(b) Slot 2 : 04:00 PM - 11:00 PM
2. December 05, 2017 onwards: One slot/day
3. The final schedule will be announced after the AIPC meeting to be held on 19th June.
- It is possible that a student shortlisted by a company might have earned a job prior to the company's scheduled slot for the final placement process . TPC will provide a comprehensive list of such students to the company before its scheduled slot. Because of non-availability of such already selected candidates , the comapny is advised to maintain an extended list of shortlisted candidates, who can then be made eligible for the final placement process.
- In case the company’s process exceeds the time of their allotted slot, their results will be declared with the results of the companies scheduled in the next slot (i.e. at the end of the next slot).
- The final selection is not to be disclosed to the students directly. The results are to be submitted to the TPC by the end of the assigned slot in a sealed envelope and the TPC will be informing the concerned students. Students with multiple offers will be required to finalize their option for one company and inform TPC within half an hour from the end of the slot. His/her choice would be informed to all the concerned companies. In this situation, to ensure that the company does not suffer on the front of recruitment, the company is suggested to prepare a list of students, in order of their merit, who can be kept waitlisted. Any drop out from the main-list will enable movement of the waitlisted candidates to the list of selected candidates and the company will be informed of the same.
- TPC generally allots a date and a slot to the company for the final placement process based on the following criteria:
- Job profile and growth prospects
- CTC being offered by the company (CTC and Take-Home)
- Past record of recruitment
- Conduct of Pre Placement Talks/Written Test/Online Test before final placement (as mentioned in point  above)
- Feedback from the students/alumni regarding the company
- Internship offered for pre-final year students.
- The company may also, if interested, conduct selections for summer internship during their visit . In case the company is interested to conduct selections for internships in month of December , the company needs to notify the Cell before 18th November, 2017.
- The company shall visit the campus on scheduled dates and conduct the Written/Online test/GD/Interview as part of their selection procedure during the slot assigned to them. It is important to understand that, on the same date, another company may be scheduled before/after your slot and any shift is bound to cause inconvenience to yourself and others as well.
- The duration of an interview for a candidate should not exceed 45 minutes in one go and 1 hour 30 minutes put together. There has to be a time gap of at least 45 minutes between two rounds of interviews.
- The Institute follows "One Student One Job" policy. Low paid jobs that are from IT companies recruiting 50 or more students and offering a CTC less than or equal to 4.5 lacs/annum are not counted towards this. Job opportunities from Government/PSUs will also be made available to all the students who are not already placed in a PSU. Once a student is offered a job in the PSUs/ Government, he/she will not be allowed to sit for any further campus visits for recruitment and will decline any other job he/she might have earned from campus.
- The company is required to send offer letters to TPC, who will then hand it over to the concerned students. Such letters are expected to reach the Cell before the end of March 2018.
Indian Institute of Technology
Ask a question and Get the Answers Instantly.ASK A QUESTION
Contact Details of Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi
Contact No:+91 542 2368427 , 6702078 , 2368106
Address:Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India- 221005