Indian Institute of Technology (IIT PATNA) Patna Placements
Placements Stats for All Degrees
Training and placement cell (TPC) of the institute handles all aspects of placements at IIT Patna for the graduating students of all departments. Right from contacting companies to managing all logistics of arranging for tests, pre-placement talks and conducting final interviews the Training and Placement Cell officials and volunteers provide their best possible assistance to the recruiters. TPC Cell comprising of students’ representative and faculty members facilitate the interaction between students and organization to find their best matches in terms of their expectation, aspirations and requirements.
TPC helps to provide summer internship for the pre-final year students and placement for final year B.Tech, and M.Tech students. The summer internship for a period of 8-10 Weeks is compulsory component of all branches of B.Tech curricula for the pre-final year students. Last year TPC had arranged summer internship for 179 pre final year B.Tech student in Private Companies, PSU, R & D organisation and various institutes in India and abroad such as Microsoft, CISCO, Arista Networks, ezDI, Stanford University, DAAD,Germany, National University of Singapore(NSU),National Tsing Hua University,Taiwan, Nanyang Technological University,Singapore,University of New South Wales,Australia,ITRI Tiwan,The University of Tokyo Japan, Singapore University of Technology and Design.
In the placement session 2016-17 , total 46 companies have given 163 offers to B.Tech, M.Tech and Ph.D. students. List of some Major recruiters who had visited IIT Patna and offered job to IIT Patna students are Microsoft, Arista Network, Amazon, Direct, Sigmoid Analytics, Samsung SRI Delhi, Samsung SRI Noida, Samsung SRI Bangalore, L&T ECC, Cognum Technology, ezDI, United Health Group, Info Edge ,Works Apps ,Wipro , Tata Motors , ISRO , TCS-CTO , M&M , Tricon Infotech, Finisar, Cognizant, CEWiT, TVS Motors, Indian Oil , EdCIL Ltd .
- Companies are contacted by the Placement office or Placement cell (authorized student representatives) and invitations are extended, providing relevant information and the placement brochure.
- Companies are given an exclusive login id in the website after they submit the filled-in job announcement forms (JAF) via email or fax.
- The JAFs are made available online, which helps the willing students to register for the same.
- The Placement Cell and the Company confer and finalize the date for pre-placement talks if necessary. During the pre-placement talk the company team can interact with the students and impart to them, an idea of what the company requires.
- Each student who has registered for a particular company submits his/her resume so that the company can shortlist the applied students according to their grade or any other criteria the company demands.
- A detailed schedule is prepared by the Placement Cell evaluating the job offer, prospects, student intake and the like. The schedule is confirmed with all the companies that have applied to recruit.
- The companies/organizations visit the campus, meet the registered (or shortlisted as the case may be) students, and conduct the interviews, tests or group discussion sessions in accordance with their respective recruitment process. The date of the interview and other sessions should be in compliance with the mutually confirmed schedule discussed earlier.
- The companies are required to prepare and submit, with a written confirmation letter the list of students who are selected after the interview process, on the day of the interview itself.
- The job offer letters are to reach the Placement Cell, in due course of time.
- In case a student gets a job offer, he/she is not entitled to appear for further tests/interviews by any other company.
Indian Institute of Technology
Ask a question and Get the Answers Instantly.ASK A QUESTION
Contact Details of Indian Institute of Technology, Patna
Address:Indian Institute of Technology Patna, Bihta, Patna -801106 (Bihar)