R P Sharma Institute of Technology - RPSIT
- The Institute was established in the year 1980 in the name of Patna Institute of Technology by Late Prof. R. P. Sharma, the benevolent founder of Patna Educational Development trust.
- He nurtured the institute with personal care and foresight to bring technical education within the reach of common man.
- Under his imaginatic, dynamic and able guidance, the institute made glorious stride and developed as a full-fledged Engineering Degree College , approved by AICTE, New Delhi , affiliated to Magadh University Bodh Gaya and recognized by Science & Technology Department, Govt. of Bihar.
- The institute was later renamed as R. P. Sharma Institute of Technology in order to commemorate the memory of its great founder Late R. P. Sharma.
- Many batches have passed out the B. Sc.(Engg.)/B.Tech course with very good academic results and most of them are placed in good jobs.
- Now students will be awarded by B.Tech Degree in concerned courses and 2 years full time MBA course has been started since 2008-2009 in this institute .
- Late Prof. R. P. Sharma was himself a great scholar, an eminent Professor of Philosophy at T.P.S. College, Patna and writer of more than half a dozen books on religion and culture.
- He was also a veteran social worker and remained in active politics for about two decades.
- As an independent M.L.A. he represented the Asthawan Constituency for three consecutive terms in Bihar Legislative Assembly till his death.
- But above all, he was a great educator and had dedicated his talent, expertise and resources to the cause of educational advancement.
- He established the Patna Educational Development trust with the sole aim of spreading modern education of a high standard.
- The trust has been running about dozen of Institutions with remarkable success.
The Training and Placement Cell was started in this college in January 1997. The Placement Officer who is assisted by student representatives from all the departments heads this Cell. The Principal of the institution and all other faculty members have extended their wholehearted support to the functioning of the unit.The students of this Institute get placed in premier Indian and multinational companies and go on to attain prestigious positions.
The objectives of the TPC are:
- To place final year students in respectable organizations through campus recruitment.
- To provide industrial training to students during their course of study.
- To organize lectures, seminars, group discussions, mock interviews etc. for career guidance, entrepreneurship and personality development.
- Opportunities for self-employment.
- To provide information and assistance to students regarding.
- Job opportunities in India and abroad.