Get details on Fee, Cut off marks, admission process for session 2019.
R.V. College of Engineering is a self-financing engineering college established over 55 years ago and is located 13 km from the Silicon Valley of India, on Mysore Road. The college is run by RashtreeyaSikshana Samithi Trust (RSST).
The institute has been rated as a leading technical institution in the country by many popular rating agencies. ‘The Week’ magazine ranked RVCE as 9th among the top 99 private engineering colleges and 40th amount the top 100 engineering colleges in the country. The institute is ranked No.1 in self-financed institutes in terms of return on investments and 2nd among the technical institutions selected for World Bank supported TEQIP Phase II. The students and faculty of RVCE Bangalore have also received several awards and accolades in various fields.
The institute has a very strong focus on R&D and has completed over 100 paid consulting and transformation projects for various organizations. The institute has set up Centers of Excellence in partnership with corporates like CISCO to promote research in the field of electronics. Also, there are multiple technical clubs at RVCE where the students have developed research projects like autonomous vehicles and won multiple awards in events organized across the globe.
All the courses at RVCE are approved by AICTE. Additionally, the MCA course offered at the college received an academic autonomy in the year 2016 and is accredited for the third time by NBA, New Delhi.
The college offers about 12 UG courses, 21 PG courses along with research programs in various specializations. The curriculum of the courses covers the theoretical concepts, practical experiments along with the necessary skills required to work in an organization. In order to get admission, the candidates have to appear in KCET/COMEDK UGET/JEE Main exam and follow a rigorous admission procedure to pursue a course at RVCE Bangalore.
RVCE Bangalore has made an excellent placement record across all sectors and over 200 companies visit and recruit over 1400 students every year. The placement cell provides essential pre-placement training for the final year students in the form of a written test and interview process to well prepare the students for different industries.
The student life at RVCE campus is great. The students are not only engaged in studies but prime importance is also given to NSS, NCC, sports, and cultural activities. RVCE has partnered with various reputed international universities to promote academic collaborations.
RVCE infrastructure and facilities are among the best in Karnataka. The upgraded classrooms of the college facilitate the teaching-learning process through modern tools and techniques. Other than that, all the prime facilities like hostel, canteen, banking facility, computer labs, library, gymnasium, a branch post office, and a health center are available in the campus which makes the institute a suitable place for learning.
- Boys Hostel
- Computer Lab
- Education Festival
- Girls Hostel
- International Center
- Medical Facilities
- post off.
- Residential Institute
- Residential Zone
- Residential Faculty Zone
RVCE, Bangalore Placement
The academic excellence at RVCE is reflected in its student's exemplary record in placements in the corporate and engineering sectors. RVCE has consistently maintained an excellent recruitment record. The graduates and post- graduates of RVCE have been recruited by some of the world's leading corporate, besides leading Indian companies. The sheer diversity of Indian economy and ...
Interested in this college?
Awards and Rankings
- RVCE ranked 2nd among Technical Institutions selected for the World Bank supported TEQIP Phase II Sub Comp: 1.2, facilitated by MHRD GOI. World Bank supported TEQIP Phase II – Centre of Excellence in Macroelectronics for 3 years (2015-2018).
- RVCE ranked as the top institute (No:1) in the country among the self financed engineering for Return on Investment(RoI) / Value forMoney for students by Outlook in June 2013.
- RVCE is also No 1 in the area of sport under VTU in Karnataka among engineering colleges.
- Ministry of Human Resources Development (GoI) chose RVCE for showcasing India’s new
- Accreditation process during the review by International Observers.
- Strong R&D focus: Completed over 100 projects, The institute has about 45 Ongoing projects from various funding agencies including DST, DBT, DRDO and its affiliated agencies, UGC, VTU, AICTE, CII, and VGST Karnataka ( a transformation from about Rs.7 Crores in 47years to close to Rs 45 Crores of approvals in 3 years).
- RVCE’s ranking according to the survey of ‘The Week’ magazine – June 2015: 9th among top 99 Pvt. Engg. Colleges in the country, 40thamong top 100 Engineering colleges in the country and 5th among top 72 Pvt. Engineering colleges.
- RVCE has been awarded ‘Sustainable Institute Industry Partnership SIIP-2014’ Award, by the Society for Educational & Entrepreneurship Development (SEED)-Chennia, during National Conference on “Sustainable Institute Industry Partnership – SIIP 2014” at IIT-Madras, Chennai.
- RVCE has been awarded “Engineering College of the year 2014” by Higher Education Review for academic excellence, during Dec. 2014.
- RVCE students team “BAJA (All-Terrain Vehicle - ATV)” emerged the National Champions at the vehicle designing championship held at National Institute of Technology (NIT) Jamshedpur during Dec. 2014. (44 institutions participated in the competition).
- Asha Bhat, 7th Sem. ECE Dept. student, made the country proud by winning the title of Miss Supranational 2014 held in Poland during Nov. 2014 and becoming the first Indian to clinch the crown since its inception. Asha was also be gratified with prize money of $25000.
- Mr. Arvind M, 3rd Sem. Civil Engg. Dept. represented India in the World University Games 2015, held at Gwangju, South Korea during 3rd to 14th July 2015.
- RVCE Won the Wipro "Earthian Award" for its Sustainability based initiatives in Jan 2014.
- RVCE is one among the 100 Engg colleges in india selected for QEEE pilot program.
- RVCE was awarded the Bharathia Vidya Bhanvan Best Overall Performance, Best Engg College by the Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) Dec 2013.
- RVCE ranked among the top technical institutions selected for World Bank supported TEQIP Phase II 1.2 grant by GoI. Also selected as one of the 14 Colleges in India for TEQIP CoE and India's first in the area of MACROELECTORNICS in 2013.
- Ranked among the top 6 Technical Institutions in India for Industry linkages by AICTE-CII-Price Water Cooper (PWC) Survey 2012.
- NBA-MHRD chose RVCE as one of the Institutes for review of India's new Accreditation process in the presence of International Observers and also Nominated RVCE as a Nodal Center for Implementation of Outcome Based Engineering Education.
- RVCE has been ranked No.1 in Sports under VTU in 2013 among over 200 colleges in Karnataka.
- RVCE awarded "Best Innovative Spirit Award" at CII Innovation Conference in 2012.
- Strong R&D focus, & industry academic collaboration having completed over 100s of projects & currently running about 40 projects, 25 industry based labs, and 35 courses offered with industries. worth Rs. 50 Crores funded by public and private agencies.
- Ranked No1 in India for affordable engineering education or RoI for students in terms of value & employability among private institutions by outlook Magazine for the last 3 years.
- Dedicated Community Service culture.
- Utilizes its expertise in various disciplines to conduct Research and Development for Industry and Defense establishments in the country.
- Centre for Manufacturing Research & Technology Utilization (CMRTU) is involved in conducting research in cold hole expansion, Material Science, Nanotechnology and news materials.
- CMRTU has executed projects worth more than 5 crores to DRDO, HAL, ISRO, CABs, NAVAL Research, AICTE, UGC, DST, etc.
- RV centre for Sustainable Technology, carrying out research in the composed manure and the environment.
- Sports luminaries like Mr.Anil Kumble, Mr.Chetan Babbur, Mr. Ashok Nayak – HAL Chairman, are the proud alumni of the college.
- Mrs. Vijayalakshmi Bidri top I.A.S. Officer is also alumni of the college.
- RV centre for Gandhian Principles and Values Based Education to promote moral values to the modern world, who are influenced by the westernization
- Kriyakalpa- Techno culture Museum, a culmination of old technology with new technology to exhibit the talent of the village folklore
- Has collaborative arrangements with leading universities in USA, France, Australia and Germany for Post-Graduate and research programmes.
- RV centre for social services & skills promotion (SKIP) an organization for helping the deprived class of the society.
- NSS, NCC, Sports, Cultural Activities are given prime importance for overall development of the students.
- Almost around 95% of the eligible students are placed through campus selection.
Other Popular Engineering Colleges in Bangalore View All
Top 10 Engineering Colleges in India View All
Contact Details of RV College of Engineering, Bangalore
Contact No:080 2656 2386
Address:R V Vidyanikethan Post Mysuru Road Bengaluru - 560 059