RV College of Engineering (RVCE) Bangalore
RV College of Engineering is situated in Bangalore in Karnataka state of India. Established in 1963, it is accredited from AICTE and it is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University. RVCE, Bangalore offers 42 courses across 3 streams namely Engineering, IT, Science and across 4 degrees like B.Tech, M.Tech, MSc, MCA. RVCE campus is spread over 52 Acres. Hostel facility is available for its students. Additional campus facilities such as ATM, Boys Hostel, Canteen, Comp. Lab, Counselling, Edu. Fest, Girls Hostel, International center, Medical Fac., Sports are also there. RV College of Engineering accepts Karnataka PGCET - Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test for admission into Engineering courses
National level Ideathon on “Intelligent Transportation Systems - For a safer, smarter and sustainable transportation”Added on : 04 Jan, 2018
R V College of Engineering is organizing a national level Ideathon on “Intelligent Transportation Systems powered by CISCO - For a safer, smarter and sustainable transportation” from February 9-10, 2018.Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) results in improved safety to drivers, better traffic efficiency, reduced traffic congestion, improved energy efficiency & environmental quality and enhanced economic productivity. Students Pursuing BE/BTech/ME/MTech/BCA/MCA are eligible to apply.Abstract submission should be submitted on or before January 25, 2018.Cash prizes will be provided to winner and runner-ups.
Training Program on IOT Application DevelopmentAdded on : 08 Jan, 2018
The center for education is organizing one-week training program on IOT Application Development The program will continue from January 16, 2018, to January 20, 2018, at RVCE Bengaluru.Fees for the program is Rs.5900.Knowledge of any programming language like C is required for student for the program.A certificate will surely be provided by CISCO-RVCE after completion of the program.Minimum 5 projects will be introduced and necessary hardware will be provided to all the students.
Workshop on recent trends in LTEAdded on : 22 Jan, 2018
The Visvesvaraya Technological University organizes a workshop on recent trends in LTE from January 29 to February 2 , 2018. The programme aims to make candidates understand the 4G system architecture and get a brief overview about LTE and its components. Faculty from VTU affiliated Engineering colleges working in ECE department are eligible to participate in this workshop. There are no registration fees for the workshop but the participants are limited to 100, based on first cum first serve basis. And the last date to register is January 24.
Certification Course on Intelligent AnalyticsAdded on : 25 Jan, 2018
RV College of Engineering is organizing a Certification Course on Intelligent Analytics from February 5 to 10, 2018. The course aims to understand the need for data collection, planning and process and bring out its significance in IoT industry, Understand the need for data collection , planning and process in IoT. Experts and Faculty will give the training lectures, Apply various tools for Data analysis etc. Students, Faculty and Industry Professionals can attend this training.The fee for the course is Rs 5000/-.
Certification course on Embedded Systems for IoTAdded on : 01 Feb, 2018
The R V College of Engineering, Bengaluru is organizing a certification course on Embedded Systems for IoT from February 19 to 24, 2018. The objective of this course is to understand the role of embedded systems in IoT and evaluate the design needs of an embedded system in terms of hardware and software, Implement, test & validate embedded systems for IoT applications etc. The course fee is Rs 5000/-. The Faculty, Students, and Industry professionals can apply for this course.
National Conference on Artificial Intelligence and SocietyAdded on : 15 Feb, 2018
R.V. College of Engineering, Bengaluru is arranging a national conference on Artificial Intelligence and Society on May 17 and 18, 2018. The objective of the conference is to bring together academicians, research scholars, and students community to share their experience and results on all aspects of AI. The registration fee for Research Scholars, Students, Industry Professionals is Rs. 1500/-, Rs. 1000/- and Rs. 3000/- respectively. And the last date for the registration is on May 10, 2018.
Hands on Training Course on Active RF/Microwave Circuit DesignAdded on : 19 Feb, 2018
The RV College of Engineering is planning a hands-on training course on Active RF/Microwave Circuit Design from February 26 to March 3, 2018. The objective of the course is to impart sound knowledge and practical skill sets on the performance parameters, characterization RF/ Microwave Active Circuits and the usage of NI/Microwave office EDA tool. The registration fee for students and industry applicants is Rs. 3000/- and Rs. 5000/- respectively.
- Boys Hostel
- Comp. Lab
- Edu. Fest
- Girls Hostel
- International center
- Medical Fac.
- post off.
- Resid. Institue
- Resid. std
- Resid. Fac.
The academic excellence at RVCE is reflected in its student's exemplary record in placements in the corporate and engineering sectors. RVCE has consistently maintained an excellent recruitment record. The graduates and post- graduates of RVCE have been recruited by some of the world's leading corporate, besides leading Indian companies. The sheer diversity of Indian economy and ...
Awards and Rankings
- RVCE ranked 2nd among Technical Institutions selected for the World Bank supported TEQIP Phase II Sub Comp: 1.2, facilitated by MHRD GOI. World Bank supported TEQIP Phase II – Centre of Excellence in Macroelectronics for 3 years (2015-2018).
- RVCE ranked as the top institute (No:1) in the country among the self financed engineering for Return on Investment(RoI) / Value forMoney for students by Outlook in June 2013.
- RVCE is also No 1 in the area of sport under VTU in Karnataka among engineering colleges.
- Ministry of Human Resources Development (GoI) chose RVCE for showcasing India’s new
- Accreditation process during the review by International Observers.
- Strong R&D focus: Completed over 100 projects, The institute has about 45 Ongoing projects from various funding agencies including DST, DBT, DRDO and its affiliated agencies, UGC, VTU, AICTE, CII, and VGST Karnataka ( a transformation from about Rs.7 Crores in 47years to close to Rs 45 Crores of approvals in 3 years).
- RVCE’s ranking according to the survey of ‘The Week’ magazine – June 2015: 9th among top 99 Pvt. Engg. Colleges in the country, 40thamong top 100 Engineering colleges in the country and 5th among top 72 Pvt. Engineering colleges.
- RVCE has been awarded ‘Sustainable Institute Industry Partnership SIIP-2014’ Award, by the Society for Educational & Entrepreneurship Development (SEED)-Chennia, during National Conference on “Sustainable Institute Industry Partnership – SIIP 2014” at IIT-Madras, Chennai.
- RVCE has been awarded “Engineering College of the year 2014” by Higher Education Review for academic excellence, during Dec. 2014.
- RVCE students team “BAJA (All-Terrain Vehicle - ATV)” emerged the National Champions at the vehicle designing championship held at National Institute of Technology (NIT) Jamshedpur during Dec. 2014. (44 institutions participated in the competition).
- Asha Bhat, 7th Sem. ECE Dept. student, made the country proud by winning the title of Miss Supranational 2014 held in Poland during Nov. 2014 and becoming the first Indian to clinch the crown since its inception. Asha was also be gratified with prize money of $25000.
- Mr. Arvind M, 3rd Sem. Civil Engg. Dept. represented India in the World University Games 2015, held at Gwangju, South Korea during 3rd to 14th July 2015.
- RVCE Won the Wipro "Earthian Award" for its Sustainability based initiatives in Jan 2014.
- RVCE is one among the 100 Engg colleges in india selected for QEEE pilot program.
- RVCE was awarded the Bharathia Vidya Bhanvan Best Overall Performance, Best Engg College by the Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) Dec 2013.
- RVCE ranked among the top technical institutions selected for World Bank supported TEQIP Phase II 1.2 grant by GoI. Also selected as one of the 14 Colleges in India for TEQIP CoE and India's first in the area of MACROELECTORNICS in 2013.
- Ranked among the top 6 Technical Institutions in India for Industry linkages by AICTE-CII-Price Water Cooper (PWC) Survey 2012.
- NBA-MHRD chose RVCE as one of the Institutes for review of India's new Accreditation process in the presence of International Observers and also Nominated RVCE as a Nodal Center for Implementation of Outcome Based Engineering Education.
- RVCE has been ranked No.1 in Sports under VTU in 2013 among over 200 colleges in Karnataka.
- RVCE awarded "Best Innovative Spirit Award" at CII Innovation Conference in 2012.
- Strong R&D focus, & industry academic collaboration having completed over 100s of projects & currently running about 40 projects, 25 industry based labs, and 35 courses offered with industries. worth Rs. 50 Crores funded by public and private agencies.
- Ranked No1 in India for affordable engineering education or RoI for students in terms of value & employability among private institutions by outlook Magazine for the last 3 years.
- Dedicated Community Service culture.
- Utilizes its expertise in various disciplines to conduct Research and Development for Industry and Defense establishments in the country.
- Centre for Manufacturing Research & Technology Utilization (CMRTU) is involved in conducting research in cold hole expansion, Material Science, Nanotechnology and news materials.
- CMRTU has executed projects worth more than 5 crores to DRDO, HAL, ISRO, CABs, NAVAL Research, AICTE, UGC, DST, etc.
- RV centre for Sustainable Technology, carrying out research in the composed manure and the environment.
- Sports luminaries like Mr.Anil Kumble, Mr.Chetan Babbur, Mr. Ashok Nayak – HAL Chairman, are the proud alumni of the college.
- Mrs. Vijayalakshmi Bidri top I.A.S. Officer is also alumni of the college.
- RV centre for Gandhian Principles and Values Based Education to promote moral values to the modern world, who are influenced by the westernization
- Kriyakalpa- Techno culture Museum, a culmination of old technology with new technology to exhibit the talent of the village folklore
- Has collaborative arrangements with leading universities in USA, France, Australia and Germany for Post-Graduate and research programmes.
- RV centre for social services & skills promotion (SKIP) an organization for helping the deprived class of the society.
- NSS, NCC, Sports, Cultural Activities are given prime importance for overall development of the students.
- Almost around 95% of the eligible students are placed through campus selection.
Contact Details of RV College of Engineering, Bangalore
Address:R V Vidyanikethan Post Mysuru Road Bengaluru - 560 059