S. B. Jain Institute of Technology, Management & Research - Nagpur ( Maharashtra )
AICTE , DTE
( Annually) Fees Range
S. B. Jain Institute of Technology, Management & Research - SBJIT - SBJITMR
S. B. Jain Institute of Technology, Management & Research (SBJITMR), offers courses in the domain of Engineering & Management. The institute is situated in Nagpur, Mumbai. SBJITMR has its affiliation with the Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University and is accredited by AICTE. The college is also known as SBJIT.The college offers courses like B.Tech, M.Tech & MBA. The college is recognized by the Directorate of the Technical Education and is one of the premier insitute of the country. SBJITMR is also an ISO certified college which has a mission " to create an environment for research and development in the emerging area of engineering, science, technology and management. so that transformation is possible to develop competencies among students of our institute ". The vision of the college is to provide the society and the nation excellent manpower in the field of technology, engineering and management by providing the modern infra facilities.
Massive built-up area with scientifically built sports complex having Basketball & Volleyball courts, Lawn tennis (Synthetic) court, Swimming pool etc.
Beautiful eco-friendly 14 acre campus designed meticulously on the British architectural pattern, with fine landscaping to give an all round soothing effect
Wi-Fi Internet enabled Campus
Huge canteen with well planned sitting space to accommodate a large number of students at one time
Fully computerized (with bar coding) spacious library with OPAC system
|List of entrance exams||CAT, Maharashtra Common Entrance Test MHT-CET (B.Tech), CMAT, JEE Advanced, GATE|
|Percentage students passed first class||50%|
|Percentage students passed with distinction||35%|
|Usual Application Start Date||01 Jun|
|Usual Application End Date||30 Jun|
|Transfer Application Date||30 Jun|
|Eligibility For Transfer||No|
The placement cell is well organised and the students are well placed in the reputed firms. The number of visiting companies in the college is 97 and the average package offered to the student is 16 lakh.
PRE PLACEMENT ACTIVITY
As competence of getting right placement depends upon 3 factors they are soft skill training, technical training & projects. Keeping in mind this “training & placement department” along with “department of engineering” stream has designed modules comprising of required skills. These modules commence from semester 1 and trains students till semester
Bed-Rock’ (Soft Skill Foundation) Module: This module for 1st year student focuses on enhancing the basic communication skills including grammar, sentence construction & more. Module is designed for 60 hrs.
‘Sophomore’ (claver teaching of soft skills) module: This module deals with one step ahead training skills for 2nd year students with enhanced activities required for good & effective soft skill. The required hours of training for the module is 60 Hrs
‘TRIM’ (Training for improvement model in soft skill) – 60 Hrs: This module is for 3rd year students where they are trained on various areas of communication & soft skills. In this students are trained from resume writing, to creative writing, reading comprehension & such.
‘Soft Skill GURU’ : Final year students are then finally groomed on various mode of communication exhibit. This module is of 40 Hrs where enhanced interview skills, Group Discussion, Public speaking, confidence building & many more such topics have been taught.
- Focus on imparting technical training to students on
- Object oriented Programming
- Web Concepts
- Programming Logic Design with ‘C’
MANTHAN- 5 day residential training programme is an initiative by the institute to provide campus recruitment training.
The programme is one of its kind were closed to 250 students participate under one roof. In the history of RTM Nagpur University residential training is conducted first time.
5- Days Residential Workshop – Manthan – Beyond Academics
To enhance the ability and capability of the students for the Campus Recruitment Training, SB Jain Institute of Technology, Management and Research has initiated a 5 Day Residential Workshop – Manthan – Beyond Academics.
Below are the salient features of the workshop –
Majority of the training program are oriented towards overall confidence building of the students so that they can face tough competitive environment.
The students will be able to get through various interviews because of rigorous interview training modules.
The capacity building modules will certainly enhance various competencies like leadership, analytical problem solving and team building.
A special focus on aptitude development, which is the most important entry gate for the public / private jobs, is been given so that student can excel in his / her aptitude.
Being the most important aspect of campus recruitment training, the aptitude development has been given supreme importance. The most important 35 modules of aptitude have been included in the training.
CV/resume of students plays a vital role in their interviews, thus, special training on CV writing is being conducted and the CV’s are drafted accordingly.
Group discussion is another point of filtration in campus recruitment, thus, in-depth input on GD and mock GD sessions are conducted throughout the workshop and post workshop also.
Maximum students face problems with personal interviews, thus, the institute has taken tireless efforts to develop interview skills of students, multiple sessions on interview techniques, frequently asked questions, interview etiquettes has been conducted through in house facilities as well as renowned guest speakers. Similarly, rigorous mock interviews are conducted throughout the year.
To groom and develop the personality of students, sessions on dressing sense, etiquettes and manners and body language are conducted on regular intervals.
Skill Development Workshop – Prayaas
To enhance the ability and capability of the students for the Campus Recruitment Training, SB Jain Institute of Technology, Management and Research has initiated a Skill Development Workshop - Prayaas.
Below are the salient features of the workshop –
The communication skills enhanced through various training programs.
Verbal and non verbal English shall be improved through various programs.
The training programs help the students to build a right kind of attitude.
- Majority of the training program are oriented towards overall confidence building of the students so that they can face tough competitive environment.
- Dedicated efforts towards presentation skills will enhance the ability of students to present themselves in front of others.
- The capacity building modules will certainly enhance various competencies like leadership, analytical problem solving and team building.
- The activity based workshops on time management percolate the importance of time management in students’ corporate life in achieving timely goals.
- A special importance is given to enhance the effective listening skills of the students because good listening skills facilitates innovation and helps in decision making of students.
- Various approach building programs help the students to create and develop optimistic approach towards professional life.
- Looking at the students a detailed session on personal and professional goal setting is been conducted at the beginning of the workshop.
- Sessions on English grammar, verbal and non verbal communication, effective public speaking and interpersonal skills have been treated with high importance.
- To develop a right attitude and confidence amongst the students, regular training program on confidence building, stage daring and attitude building are conducted.
- To develop effective presentation skills of the students, session on presentation skills by experts, academic and general presentations on current affairs are conducted during the workshop.
|Number of visiting companies||9|
|Average Salary||3.0 lacs|
|Min Salary||15.0 lacs|
|Max Salary||65.0 lacs|