Yeshwantrao Chavan College of Engineering - Nagpur ( Maharashtra )
AICTE , NAAC , NBA , DTE Maharashtra
( Annually) Fees Range
Yeshwantrao Chavan College of Engineering - YCCE - YCC
Yeshwantrao Chavan College of Engineering (YCCE), proffers Engineering courses in varied streams. Yeshwantrao Chavan College of Engineering (YCCE) is established in 1984 by Nagar Yuwak Shikshan Sanstha, Nagpur. It is affiliated to Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur. YCCE is renowned for engineering education and research. For over 28 years, it has successfully nurtured young engineering professionals, becoming a sought after destination for students aspiring to higher technical education and placement in the competitive software and core industry. The college is guided by Academic Advisory Board consisting of eminent academicians from prestigious technical institutes in India and USA. The college is having well qualified and experienced senior faculty members. YCCE has become the first private engineering college to acquire "Autonomous Status" in Central India. The institute is implementing autonomy in progressive manner from academic session 2010-11. The students admitted to B.E. and M.Tech. Courses from academic session 2010-11 are under autonomy. The mission of the college is "To prepare competent need based human resource and responsible citizens for engineering profession through dissemination of knowledge and development of technical skills and create an environment that fosters the involvement and commitment of all stakeholders for continuous improvement in performance and quality". The vision of the college is 'To become benchmark technical institution where learning is a joy, education is for the tomorrow, research & development is pace setting and every one is committed to delivering competent human resource for prosperity and well-being of industry, profession and society.'
|List of entrance exams||GATE, Joint Entrance Examination (Mains), Maharashtra Common Entrance Test MHT-CET (B.Tech)|
|Percentage students passed first class||40%|
|Percentage students passed with distinction||30%|
|Usual Application Start Date||01 Jun|
|Usual Application End Date||30 Jun|
|Transfer Application Date||31 Aug|
|Eligibility For Transfer||Yes|
The Placement department plays a vital role in the college set up in forging fruitful and mutually beneficial linkages with industries and professional organizations. Working effectively and efficiently, it liaise with various industries and associations to facilitate training, getting live projects as well as providing placement assistance to its students. The department also takes care to ensure an active interaction with the industry by organizing guest lectures and seminars. With vacation training being an important part of engineering education, the department places its students for training sessions most appropriately.
- More than 85% students are placed through campus recruitment process in core and IT sectors in 125 companies every year. Prominent recruitment companies have visited the campus namely:
- For Electronics and Computer: TCS, Wipro, Infosys, Techmahindra, NVIADIA, L&T InfoTech, Capgemini, Persistent, Accenture
- For Mechanical: Tata Motors, TVS, M&M, Kirloskar, Adani, Reliance
- For Civil: GMR, Vedanta, Shapoorji-Pallonji, HCC, Ambuja Cement, L&T Construction
- For Electrical: Adani, Power Plants, Lanco, Reliance.
- YCCE has tie ups with reputed universities including Purdue University, University of Massachusetts, Northern Illinois University, Lawrence Technological University, Hartford University and Arizona State University in U.S.A., Scotland Colleges International in U.K. and SVNIT, Surat, India for student/staff exchange/visit programmes, collaborative research and consultancy activities
|Number of visiting companies||14|
|Average Salary||5.4 lacs|
|Min Salary||1.5 lacs|
|Max Salary||6.5 lacs|