IIM Bangalore concluded the summer placements for the PGP class of 2016-18 on November 10, 2016. Reports state that management consultancy and FMCG companies have been the top recruiters at the campus. Although investment and international banks were active participants of the campus placement, very few offers were made by the e-commerce segment.
Check out the Summer Placement highlights of IIM Bangalore:
- The number of students who participated in the summer placement was 402.
- More than 150 companies came to the campus to recruit students.
- Accenture Strategy was the largest recruiter of the year with 20 offers.
- Various profiles were offered in sectors such as investment banking, corporate banking, management consulting, marketing, sales, etc.
- Over 30% of the total offers were made by management consulting firms like Alvarez & Marsal, Hay Group, Deloitte, GEP, Feedback Infra Consulting, PWC Diamond Consulting, Synergy Consulting and Roland Berger.
- In 2016, 30% of the companies that recruited at IIM Bangalore were participating in the campus placement for the first time including big names like United Breweries, BayCurrent Consulting, MasterCard Advisors, Auctus Advisors and many others.
- International banks such as Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Standard Chartered and many others were present on the first day of the placement drive. Few of the Indian banks and financial institutions who recruited from IIM Bangalore were ICICI Bank, Avendus Capital, AVIVA and Axis Bank.
Here’s the list of prominent organizations and the number of offers made by them:
|S. No.||Name of the Organization||No. of Offers Made|
|2||Boston Consulting Group||15|
|3||McKinsey & Co.||10|
|5||Bain & Company||8|
|7||Hindustan Unilever Limited||7|
|8||Procter and Gamble||11|
|9||Johnson & Johnson||7|
|13||Aditya Birla Group||9|
IIM Bangalore is also monitoring the summer recruitment process at IIM Vishakhapatnam for the PGP Batch of 2016-18. Over 60% of the students at IIM Vishakhapatnam have already been placed.