J. D. Birla Institute (JDBI Kolkata) is situated in Kolkata in West Bengal state of India. Established in 1962, it is accredited from NAAC and it is affiliated to Jadavpur University. J. D. Birla Institute JDBI Kolkata, Kolkata offers 13 courses across 8 streams namely Sciences, Design, Law / Humanities, Commerce / Banking, Management, Hospitality / Aviation, Medical, Arts and across 8 degrees like B.Sc., M.Sc., Certificate, B.Com, B.B.A..Hostel facility is not available for its students. Additional campus facilities such as A/C, Canteen, Comp. Lab, Lib, Medical Fac., Cls. Room are also there.
- Comp. Lab
- Medical Fac.
- Cls. Room
Awards and Rankings
The college has been awarded the ‘College to look out for’ and the ‘Best Maintained College’ by the Lions Club of Calcutta.
Gold medals awarded by the University:
1. Four University Gold Medals for the toppers in each of the four B.Sc. (Hons.) courses.
2. Three University Gold Medals for the toppers in each of the three M.Sc. post-graduate courses.
3. One University Gold Medal for the topper in post-graduate diploma in Dietetics & Applied Nutrition.
Sushila Devi Birla Memorial Annual Prize awarded by the Management of the Institution:-
- One prize for securing the highest marks in all the six semesters (aggregate) in the final university examination at the end of the 3rd year of each of the four B.Sc. (Hons.) courses.
- One prize, each for securing the highest marks in Semester-1 & Semester-2 (aggregate) at the final university examination of 1st and 2nd year of each B.Sc. (Hons.) courses.
- One prize for securing the highest marks in all the four semesters (aggregate) in the final university examination at the end of the 2nd year of each of the three M.Sc. courses.
- One prize, in each for 1st year and 2nd year of the study, for getting the highest marks in both the Semester-1 & Semester-2 (aggregate) at the final university examination in each of the three M.Sc courses.
- One prize for securing the highest marks in Semester-1 & Semester-2 (aggregate) at the final university examination for the post-graduate diploma in Dietetics & Applied Nutrition.
The College Management is pleased to announce Financial Scholarships (waiver of tuition fees for the entire 6th Semester) for the students who have shown exemplary performance in their first four Semesters.
The awardees are:
1. Department of Food Science & Nutrition ManagementMs. Anjali Kejriwal
2. Department of Textile Science, Clothing & Fashion Studies - Ms. Shramana Mullick
3. Department of Interior Designing - Ms. Priyamvada Lohia
4. Department of Human Development - Ms. Simran Parekh
5. Department of Commerce - Ms. Bishesta Agarwal The Scholarship has been awarded based on outstanding performance, good attendance and no back papers till the 4th Semester.
Various companies approach the Institute from time to time for recruitment of students and conduct campus interviews for the same. In addition, organizations where students undergo their internship also hire students after they complete their graduation.
Contact Details of J. D. Birla Institute, Kolkata
Contact No:+91-033 2281 1438
Address:J D Birla Institute Department of Management 1 Moira Street, Kolkata - 700 017
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place