CMR Institute of Technology’s academic dinstiction is echoed in its students’ consummate record in placements in the corporate and engineering sectors. CMRIT has consistently maintained an admirable recruitment record. The graduates and post- graduates of CMRIT have been recruited by some of the industry’s top corporations, besides leading Indian companies.
The sheer miscellany of the Indian economy and society, whose different hues are represented among the students and faculty, prepares the students to work in the global multicultural business firms and industries.
The Career Guidance and Placement Bureau at CMRIT plays a pivotal role in preparing students their personal and professional life college. Set up in 2000, the Career Guidance and Placement Bureau functions across all academic departments and offers placement assistance.
We put forward a variety of student-centric services as a single window point for career counselling and development in the engineering & technology fields which complement classroom learning and prepare students for careers in industry, entrepreneurship, research or further study.
We work personally with our industry cohorts to apprise ourselves of their project requirements, needs and expectations for the campus hiring process, and then pore over to find students who best match the requirements of the placement opportunities through on/off campus hiring, internships or projects.
The Entrepreneurship Development Cell proffers programmes and platforms for those students who are involved in entrepreneurship. The Maker Space at CMRIT acts as a facilitator for students by helping uncover their hidden potential. It is a dedicated space for students and staff, where prospects explore new technologies and fresh methodologies, ensuring their growth into proficient thinkers, makers and innovators of current times. The Maker Space also lends a hand to students with coaching and access to external partners and alumni.
The Centre of Excellence offers students a way in to the on-campus Centre of Excellence (CoE), shaped through CMRIT’s industry affiliation. Through these centres, students can complete projects through the use of the most recent technologies. The CMRIT faculty is qualified in these areas, and support student initiatives through project mentorship and direction.
CMRIT is also engaged with the CMR Life Skills Institute that recommends a number of training programmes for progression of soft skills such as communication and presentation ability, email and business etiquette, body language improvement, teamwork and other enrichment methods.
Each year, we invite our industry partners and other reputed organizations to the college campus to participate in the placement process for both Undergraduate (6th Semester) and Postgraduate (3rd Semester) programmes. Each student receives placement guidelines and rules from the placements office and must adhere to the process.
- Visiting companies on-campus/off-campus will interact with the eligible students directly during pre-placement talks (PPT). During these sessions, they will provide overviews of the job profiles, job descriptions, compensation, company’s expectations and other specific requirements.
- Students will participate in the interview process specific to the visiting company (Example: Written test(s) / Group Discussion(s) / Presentations / Technical Interviews / Personal Interviews). Shortlisted students will be notified if they receive an offer.
- Students should remain in constant touch with the placements office even after receiving an offer. Faculty placement co-ordinators and companies will ensure that post-offer criteria and requirements are adhered to.
CMR Institute of Technology
Ask a question and Get the Answers Instantly.ASK A QUESTION
Training & Placement Activites
The Career Guidance & Placement Bureau conducts many activities and events throughout the year. These initiatives directly target the students and help them prepare and plan for career placements.
Below is a glimpse into some of those activities.
- Soft skills training is conducted for all students from 1st semester onwards. This applies to both undergraduate and post graduate programs
- Mini projects for undergraduate students that help them prepare for their final projects.
- “PREPARE” program for pre-final year students across all streams in undergraduate programmes. This special initiative is valuable preparation for the placement process.
- Technical training from external and internal faculty to address skill gaps for corporate readiness
- Orientation program for students delivered by our industry partners
- Latest technology-specific training and certification programs
- Soft skills training focused on interview preparedness, presentation and communication skills
- Guest lecture series from industry experts from recruiting companies.
- Talks by our alumni who represent the companies participating in the placement drives.
Contact Details of CMR Institute of Technology, Bangalore
Contact No:+91-80-28524466 , +91-80-28524466 / 77
Address:132 AECS Layout, ITPL Main Road, Kundalahalli, Bangalore-560037, India