Placement cell of CMR Institute of Technology I.T. proffers a variety of services to the students which includes: classroom learning to enhance the learning capabilities of students and improve their entrepreneurship skills. The placement cell was set up with the mission “to collaborate with industries to understand the emerging technology needs and career opportunities”. This cell provides career guidance to the students and offers them complete placement assistance.
We have partnered with the CMR Life Skills Institute to offer a number of training programmes for development of soft skills such as communication and presentation skills, email and business etiquette, body language improvement, working in teams, and other aptitude enhancement methods. Students will benefit from interview preparedness workshops and seminars. These courses are integrated into the curriculum so that every student will be able to leverage this exposure
The Career Guidance & Placement Bureau conducts many activities and events throughout the year. These initiatives directly target the students and help them prepare and plan for career placements.
Below is a glimpse into some of those activities.
- Soft skills training is conducted for all students from 1st semester onwards. This applies to both undergraduate and post graduate programs
- Mini projects for undergraduate students that help them prepare for their final projects.
- “PREPARE” program for pre-final year students across all streams in undergraduate programmes. This special initiative is valuable preparation for the placement process.
- Technical training from external and internal faculty to address skill gaps for corporate readiness
- Orientation program for students delivered by our industry partners
- Latest technology-specific training and certification programs
- Soft skills training focused on interview preparedness, presentation and communication skills
- Guest lecture series from industry experts from recruiting companies.
- Talks by our alumni who represent the companies participating in the placement drives.