- Articles byStream
Top 10 Institutes in India for PGD in Cinematography
The cinematography is one of the best career options. The cinematography courses are generally available in Diploma or Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate courses. These courses are an opportunity for the students to learn about the fundamental tools of cinematography such as lensing and light and enable them for basic level shooting. Students of these courses will have more chances to explore themselves on various digital cameras which have been creating a revolution in film industry nowadays. The cinematography leads to creative integration with the direction which enables the unique process in filmmaking.
Also read:- Top 10 PG Colleges in Delhi University
The students are also trained in digital image acquisition as well as image manipulation techniques. The students will be given projects in which they have to showcase their cinematography skills. The course will be completed only if the students complete the project.
Also read:- Top 10 Fashion Colleges in India
Curriculum of PGD in Cinematography:-
The curriculum of PGD in Cinematography covers the following topics:-
- Basics of art direction/production design.
- Workflow and image manipulation systems
- Emulsion Technology and Manipulation processes
- Film Aesthetics & Cinematographic Techniques
- Principles of Cinematography and imaging device and any more.
Top 10 Colleges for PGD in Cinematography:-
- The Film and Television Institute of India which is located in Pune is one of the premier institutes for Cinematography. The institute offers three-year PGD in Cinematography. The graduates from any discipline are eligible for this course. The process of admission is based on a national level aptitude test and interview.
- The Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute, Kolkata is also one of the premier institutes in India which offer PG program in cinema along with specialization in cinematography. The graduates from any discipline are eligible to apply for this course. The process of admission is based on entrance test.
- The RK Narayan National institute of Visual Science and Arts is one of the best institutes for cinematography which is located in Kottayam district, Kerala. The institute offers three-year diploma course in cinematography. The admissions are conducted based on a national level entrance tests. The minimum eligibility to seek admission is +2.
- The Amrita Sai Institute of Arts and Science which is located in Kochi is also one among the best institutes which offer courses in visual media and training in video production. The minimum qualification is Degree in any discipline to seek admission.
- St. Joseph College of Communication located in Changaneesary, Kottayam district, Kerala offers MA in Cinema and Television for the graduates in any discipline.
- The Whistling Woods International Institute of Film Television and Media which is located in Mumbai offers two-year PGD course in Cinematography.
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata offers a Master’s course in Cinema Studies. The graduate of any discipline can seek admission into this course.
- The Asian Academy of Film and Television located in Noida offers courses in Video and Television Production. Graduates can seek admission into this course.
- The LV Prasad Film and Television Academy located in Chennai offers two-year PGD course in Cinematography. Graduates are eligible to apply for the course.
- Andhra Loyola College located in Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh offers three-year Bachelors and two-year Masters in Visual Communication. The college also offers a certificate course in Television Production. The duration of the certificate course is six months.
Apart from the above-mentioned colleges, various other institutes in India are offering courses in cinematography. CollegeDekho wishes bright future for the students aspiring for cinematography.
Also read:- Top 10 Arts Colleges in Delhi university
Cool, interesting and funny. An ardent lover of animals and gets a kick out of Chetan Bhagat and Amish Tripathi novels. My favourite novel is 'The God of Small Things' written by Arundathi Roy.
Fashion Designing is one of the most promising and attractive fields for those students who are artistically creative ...
Mr. Mahendra Nath Pandey, Minister of HRD (State) informed Rajya Sabha that the HRD Ministry has decided to discard ...