Admission Open for session 2019
For Admission in B.Tech
Indian Institute Of Space Science & Technology B.Tech Admission 2019
Candidates must make sure that they satisfy ALL the eligibility criteria described below for applying for admission to undergraduate programmes in IIST.
- Citizenship Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for admission in IIST.
Date of Birth
- Candidates belonging to General category (GEN) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) categories must have been born on or after October 1, 1991. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PD) categories must have born on or after October 1, 1986.
- The date of birth as recorded in the high school/first Board /or its equivalent will be accepted. If the certificate does not mention the date of birth, candidate must submit an authenticated document from competent authority indicating the date of birth at the time of Counselling.
- (10+2 or Equivalent) Candidates seeking admission to IIST should have passed their Qualifying Examination, with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects of the curriculum.
- Candidates belonging to GEN and OBC categories must secure an aggregate of at least 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) in the qualifying examination and those belonging to SC/ST/PD should have an aggregate of at least 60% marks in PCM subjects in the qualifying examination.
The qualifying examination should be any of the following:
(i) The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE), New Delhi, etc.
(ii) Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
(iii) Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
(iv) Vocational Higher Secondary Examination.
(v) Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
(vi) Any Public School/Board/University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
(vii) General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
(viii) High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureat Office, Geneva.
Candidates should appear for the Joint Entrance Examination (Main)-2016 conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi to qualify themselves to appear for Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced)-2016 conducted by IITs and secure the minimum prescribed
For Admission in M.Tech
MTech/MSc admissions at IIST: Apply by April 30
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Valiamala PO, Thiruvananthapuram is inviting applications for the admissions to various Master of Technology and Master of Science programme for the 2018-19 academic session. Each programme is offering 6 seats
IIST Application Fee 2018:
The application fee for women candidates is Rs.300 and is Rs. 600 for SC/ST/ PD candidates.
The application fee is payable only after two days of registration and is payable only through SBI collect.
The last date for application 30 April 2018 and the last day to pay the application fee is 2 May 2018.
IIST Eligibility M.Tech/ MSc Criteria 2018
For admission to the M.Tech/ M.Sc programmes applicants must be an Indian citizen.
Applicants should not be more than 30 years of age on 30 April 2018.
As per government of India, age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST and physically disabled candidates. However, there is no age relaxation for OBC/ women candidates.
Candidates must have a B.Tech/ B.E./ Masters of Science or equivalent degree to apply for the same, with a minimum aggregate of 60 %.
The minimum aggregate required for the reserved category ( SC/ST) is 55%.
Also, SC/ST/OBC and persons with disabilities are required to upload their respective certificates within the given time period. As the application for them will only be processed after the receipt of proofs online.
IIST M.Tech/ MSc Selection Process 2018
Candidates who are shortlisted for M.Tech/ M.Sc in the following department need to appear in the interview/written test. The list of shortlisted candidates will be released on the official IIST website.
Department of Chemistry
Earth and Space Sciences
Mathematics and Physics
For the admission to the M.Sc/ M.Tech programme offered by Department of Aerospace Engineering and Avionics, shortlisting of candidates will be based on the valid GATE score.
In case the shortlisted candidate fails to pay the application fee within given time, the seat will be alloted to the next candidate in the merit list.
IIST Scholarships 2018:
Students shortlisted for Masters in Science Programme will be provided scholarship by IIST. However, candidates who are applying for M.Tech programme via GATE score will be provided scholarship through AICTE. Also, candidates who are employed in Government/ PSUs/ Semi Government bodies need to provide the institute with a No Objection Certificate during the time of interview.
Indian Institute Of Space Science & Technology M.Tech Admission 2019
Applicant should be an Indian citizen
28 years as on the last date of receipt of application. Age relaxation is applicable to SC / ST / Persons with disability (PWD) category as per Government of India Orders. No age relaxation for OBC and Women candidates.
- BE/B.Tech/M.Sc/M.S. or equivalent degree mentioned above should be in first class with an aggregate minimum of 60% marks or CGPA 6.5 out of 10. A valid score in GATE/JEST/UGC NET in relevant area as the case may be, as specified below is essential.
Interested in this college?
Admission Open 2019
Top 10 Engineering Colleges in India View All
Contact Details of Indian Institute Of Space Science & Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
Contact No:+91 (471) 2568452 , 2568600
Address:Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, (Dept. of Space, Govt. of India) Valiamala, Thiruvananthapuram-695 547, Kerala, India.