For Admission in PGDM
The selection procedure for both the programmes is different. MICA follows a three-phase selection procedure. Candidates who want to take admission in the institute will have to take either CAT or XAT. Foreign nationals will have to apply through GMAT scores. Check the following table for selection procedure:
|Programmes||Result Accepted||Phase 1||Phase 2||Phase 3|
|PGDM-C||CAT 2018 / XAT 2019 / GMAT||Candidates have to clear the cutoff of the entrance exam they are applying through i.e. CAT / XAT / GMAT. Selection in this phase will be done on the basis of performance in either of these entrance exams.||Candidates who have been shortlisted in phase 1 will now be assessed on the basis of MICAT (MICA Admission Test). Those who clear the cutoff of MICAT will be shortlisted for the next round.||The final round is the Group Exercise and Personal Interview. The candidate’s performance in all three rounds will be considered for final selection in PGDM-C.|
Components and their Weights:
|CAT / XAT / GMAT||2%|
Score evaluation formula: XAT / 1.26 = CAT
Group Exercise (GE) and Personal Interview (PI) are evaluated on a 5 point scale. In order to get shortlisted, a candidate has to score at least 3.5 out of 5 in GE and 4 in PI. There are multiple panelists in the personal interview and each of them judges the candidate individually. A candidate must be recommended by all the panelists to get admission in MICA.
MICAT Exam Pattern:
MICAT is a computer-based aptitude exam conducted by the institute to assess the logical and verbal skills of the candidates. The exam consists of the following six sections:
- Descriptive Test
- Divergent-Convergent Reasoning
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Ability
- Verbal Ability
MICA PGDM Admission 2019
- Admission to the PGDM (C) programme requires a Bachelor's degree (in keeping with the 10 + 2 + 3 system) or an equivalent qualification in any discipline recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). Candidates appearing for final examinations towards a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates who demonstrate aptitude for expressing, assessing, and /or conceiving ideas that move people to action and achieve business results tend to stand a better chance of being shortlisted.
For Admission in Certificate
MICA Certificate Admission 2019
- This course does not require participants to have passed CAT (Common Admission Test). However, a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification in any discipline recognized by the Association of Indian Universities is requisite. Overall, we are looking for participants who are intellectually curious and imaginative, have diverse interests and a sense of humour.
- A flair for writing and the ability to visualize will be seen as a major advantage. They should be reasonably knowledgeable about advertising, possess lateral thinking capabilities, and above all, show str
Contact Details of MICA, Ahmedabad
Address:Shela, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India- 380058