- General Tips on How to Attempt MICAT 2024
- Tips to Approach MICAT 2024 Psychometric Test
- Tips to Approach MICAT 2024 Verbal Ability Section
- Tips to Approach MICAT 2024 Quantitative Ability Section
- Tips to Approach MICAT 2024 General Awareness Section
- Tips to Approach MICAT 2024 Reasoning Section
- Tips to Approach MICAT 2024 Descriptive Test
- MICAT 2024 Important Points
How to Attempt MICAT 2024: To attempt the MICAT 2024 exam, candidates must first understand the MICAT exam format and syllabus for both phases MICAT-I and MICAT-II. MICAT is the most important exam for students who want to pursue PGDM in Communication after completing their graduation. MICA (Mudra Institute of Communications) is one of the few institutes in India that offers the program. It is one of the best MBA colleges in India for this course. MICAT consists of three sections and the MICAT syllabus comprises various topics. It is a 2-hour and 15-minute long exam. It is a computer-based test (CBT) conducted twice for PGDM-C admissions.
Candidates can appear for both slots of the exam and the better of the two MICAT Scores will be considered. The MICA 2024 Selection Process comprises three phases and each phase comprises different schemes to evaluate the skills of students. The first phase of the selection process is the MICAT exam which is conducted in two different sessions, MICAT 1 and MICAT 2 were conducted on December 2, 2023, and January 27, 2024, respectively. Follow the tips given below while attempting the MICAT 2024 exam to get an excellent score.
General Tips on How to Attempt MICAT 2024A structured approach needs to be followed by the candidates while attempting the MICAT 2024 exam.
- MICAT 2024 aspirants must understand the exam format, including the number of sections and the time allotted for each section first. MICAT 2024 will be conducted in two phases: MICAT I (which assesses cognitive abilities) and MICAT II (which assesses creative and communication skills).
- Go through the MICAT syllabus 2024 thoroughly which includes topics related to Verbal Ability, Quantitative Ability, General Awareness, and Divergent-Convergent Thinking.
- It is crucial to practice MICAT sample papers and MICAT previous year question papers to gain insight into the type of questions asked in the exam.
- Candidates must allocate specific time limits to each section to complete the paper within the stipulated time.
- To enhance writing abilities, candidates must focus on improving their creative and communication skills, and practice essay writing and story writing.
- Aspirants must keep themselves updated about current affairs and general knowledge topics for the General Awareness section.
- Taking mock tests frequently is essential to simulate exam conditions and improve one's time-management and problem-solving skills.
Tips to Approach MICAT 2024 Psychometric Test
Given below are some tips regarding how to approach MICAT 2024 Psychometric test:
- Answer All Questions: It is very important to answer all the questions in the psychometric test as missing out on even a single question might negate the purpose of the exam. Also, this is a qualifying test, and passing it is essential in order to be shortlisted for the second phase of selection.
- Answer Spontaneously: Going for the ideal answers may get you into trouble as the psychometric test is the basis for the questions asked in the personal interview started by MICA. Therefore, you must answer candidly to be quick and correct.
Tips to Approach MICAT 2024 Verbal Ability Section
Follow the pointers given below to approach the VA section of MICAT 2024:
- Manage the Time: The verbal section of the MICAT exam comprises 20 questions, i.e. you will have approximately 20 minutes to attempt this section. Attempting 18 to 19 questions is essential to get a good score in this section, therefore, time management is essential.
- Attempt Short Questions First: In order to save time and get more questions correct, pick ‘fill in the blanks’ and ‘para jumbles’ first as they take less time. Then pick the sentence completion questions.
- Reading Comprehension at the End: Reading Comprehensions are lengthy passages, therefore keep them for the last. Pick the easy passages first and answer them first as they will take less time than the lengthier and more complicated essays.
Tips to Approach MICAT 2024 Quantitative Ability Section
Approach the QA section of MICAT 2024 by going through the steps given below:
- Attempt the Easy Questions First: Although direct formula-based questions are hardly asked in the MICAT exam, it is always good to scan through and solve the easy questions first. This will save you time and will ensure that you are able to attempt the maximum number of questions.
- Minimum Number of Questions: To get a decent score, you will have to attempt at least 18 questions or more. For this, you will have to manage time efficiently and ensure that you have at least 20 minutes for this section as well.
- Keep Negative Marking in Mind: Whenever in doubt, avoid marking the answer options as each wrong answer will get you 0.25 negative marks. Getting more correct answers is more important than attempting all questions.
Tips to Approach MICAT 2024 General Awareness Section
For the General Awareness section, follow the points listed below:
- Read all the Questions: This is probably one of the most scoring sections of the MICAT exam as it takes the least time and it is possible to attempt all 20 questions in about 20 minutes. Therefore, one must at least read all the questions to mark all the known questions.
- Don’t waste too much Time: In this section, you either know the answer or you don’t know the answer. There’s nothing that you can solve, therefore, if you don’t know the answer, move on and don’t waste time.
Tips to Approach MICAT 2024 Reasoning Section
For approaching the Reasoning section of MICAT 2024, the following points will be helpful:
- Read Carefully: Convergent and divergent questions can be twisted in terms of language, therefore read the question carefully in order to understand what is being asked and mark the correct answer.
- Attempt your strong sections first: Pick the type of questions that are your stronghold. For example, if you are good at solving statement sufficiency questions first, you must attempt these questions first.
Tips to Approach MICAT 2024 Descriptive Test
For the Descriptive test section of MICAT 2024, the following will be helpful:
- Make brief Points: Descriptive test are an essential part of the test since the institute wants to evaluate your creativity. Therefore, to present your ideas efficiently, write down the points that you want to present and then elaborate them into paragraphs. This is the best way to complete the essay.
- Stick to your argument: While writing the argumentative sample, make sure that you are supporting a single side of the argument. Don’t juggle between two opinions as it will convey that you don’t have a firm take on the matter. It also questions your interpretation skills.
- The flow of content: While writing the essays, it is important that you maintain a flow. The paragraph must be a build a tempo in order to support your ideas and the flow of thoughts should be systematic. The essay should not be a collection of jumbled up paragraphs be it the essay, the story or the argument.
Also Read:Best ROI MBA Colleges in India
MICAT 2024 Important Points
Given below are some key points for MICAT 2024 that candidates should keep in mind:
- MICAT is the MBA entrance exam conducted for admission in the PGDM courses of MICA Ahmedabad. It is conducted twice every year.
- Candidates have to appear for at least one of three entrance exams- CAT, XAT or GMAT in addition to MICAT to be shortlisted for MICA Ahmedabad.
- The first-phase group exercise and personal interview will take place in Delhi, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad and Mumbai. The second phase of GE PI will happen at MICA, Ahmedabad.
- MICAT is being conducted as a CBT in 48 cities across India.
MICA is one of the top communication colleges in India and offers excellent programs in communication management. MICAT II 2024 will be conducted on January 29, 2024. A detailed analysis of MICAT 2024 will be provided by CollegeDekho soon after. If you want to know more about the MICAT or any other MBA exam, you can ask your question in the Collegedekho QnA zone.
If you need admission-related assistance, you can call on our toll-free number 1800-572-9877 or you can fill out our Common Application Form.
All the Best!