Start saving your
Create a free Profile now.
The Faculty of Technology and Engineering_ The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda - FTEMSU
The Faculty of Technology and Engineering as it stands today formed alongwith the establishment of the Maharaja Sayajirao University in 1949 is an outgrowth of what was popularly known as the "Kala Bhavan Technical Institute" (KBTI) established in June 1890 by his late Highness The Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III of Baroda state. In May 1990,it completed 100 years of glorious services for the cause of Technical Education.Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineering,Drawing and Printing, Architecture and Photo engraving, Textile Chemistry including Dyeing, Bleaching, Sizing & Printing, oil and Soap making etc, With the assistance of German experts and foreign trained teacher under the able stewardship of Principal T. K. Gajjar. Other courses on Textile Technology(weaving), Furniture making and Fine Arts were started later. Principal C. H. Vora consolidated these pioneering efforts into a Polytechnic by starting a variety of Diploma and Certificate courses in the above major disciples, with the additional staff, laboratories and buildings. The Polytechnic status with steady development continued until 1949 when the Kalabhavan was converted into the Faculty of Technology and Engineering (with the establishment of The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, following generous donation by the Gaekwads for the University and the New Building of the Institute). From this stage onwards, the Institute developed rapidly recognizing no bounds.