NALSAR University of Law (NUL) is situated in Hyderabad in Andhra Pradesh state of India. Established in 1998, it is accredited from UGC and it is affiliated to Andhra University. NALSAR University of Law NUL, Hyderabad offers 11 courses across 2 streams namely Law / Humanities, Management and across 6 degrees like L.L.M., M.B.A., P.G.D., Ph.D, M. Phil.. NALSAR University of Law campus is spread over 55 Acres. Hostel facility is available for its students. Additional campus facilities such as A/C, ATM, Boys Hostel, Canteen, Comp. Lab, Convo. Hall, Counselling, Girls Hostel, Theatre, Lib are also there. NALSAR University of Law accepts Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) UG for admission into Politics / Law / Humanities courses
Area 55 Acres
- Boys Hostel
- Comp. Lab
- Convo. Hall
- Girls Hostel
- Medical Fac.
- Cls. Room
Awards and Rankings
- NALSAR was ranked second in India by The Week's as "Top Law Colleges in 2016"
- NALSAR was ranked fourth by Careers360's "Top Law Colleges in India 2017".
- To be eligible to apply for Scholarship, a candidate should have:
- 60% of marks in the 10+2 examination, in the case of first year students; and a minimum CGPA of 4.00, in case of all other students; and
- The annual Income of the parents should not exceed Rs. 4,50,000/- p.a.
- Scholarship shall be awarded to the students based on the criteria of merit-cummeans. The eligible candidates shall be shortlisted based on a point-based system, wherein the weightage given to merit shall be 60 percent and calculated based on the CGPA, and that given to means shall be 40 percent and calculated based on the Income, which shall be computed in the manner hereinafter provided:
(i) Calculation of points for merit: The CGPA scale shall range from 4.00 to 8.00.A CGPA of 8.00 shall be deemed to be 100 points on the CGPA scale. Thereafter, every decrease in CGPA by 0.10 from 8.00 would amount to a decrease of 2.5 points on the CGPA scale. For computing the points for merit for first year students, the scale shall range between 100 percent to 60 percent. A percentage of 100 will correspond to 100 marks on the merit scale. Thereafter, every decrease in percentage of 1 shall amount to a decrease in 2.5 points on the merit scale.
Explanation: For the purpose of computing the Points for CGPA provided above, every fractional decrease in the CGPA below 8.00 will lead to a proportional decrease in the points.
Illustration: CGPA of 7.9 would equal 97.5 points on the CGPA scale. CGPA of 4.1 would equal 2.5 points on the CGPA scale.
(ii) Calculation of Points for means: The Range of the Income scale shall be Rs. 2,00,000/- p.a. to Rs. 4,50,000/- p.a. The base Income will be Rs. 2,00,000/- p.a. which shall correspond to 100 points on the Income scale. Thereafter every increase in Income of Rs. 25,000 from the base Income will amount to a decrease in the points by 10. Income below Rs. 2,00,000/- p.a. shall correspond to 100 points on the Income scale.
- Income of Rs. 2,25,000 would equal 90 points on the Income scale. Page 5 of 7
- Income of Rs 4,25,000 would equal 10 points on the Income scale.
(iii) The points gained on the Income scale and the points gained on the merit scale will then be multiplied by the respective weightage given to them as mentioned in 4.2 to arrive at the total points
- 60 points on the Income scale x 40 percent = 24 points; 40 points on the merit scale x 60 percent = 24 points; Total Points = 24+24 = 48 points.
- 20 points on the Income scale x 40 percent = 8 points; 80 points on the merit scale x 60 percent = 48 points; Total Points = 8+48 = 56 points.
- The Scholarship may extend to 50 percent of the tuition fee but shall not be less than 30 percent. The Scholarship shall be granted for one semester only and the same shall be extended for the next semester in the academic year, provided the candidate obtains a minimum of 4.00 CGPA out of 8.00 in the semester in which fee concession is availed.
At NALSAR we recognise the importance of internships and placements in shaping the careers of our students. The university has partnered with both leading as well as upcoming organisations where legal skills developed in law school can be tested and honed by our students. In the previous years, top tier law firms and niche firms—both Indian and International—corporate houses, ...
NALSAR University of Law News
Contact Details of NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
Contact No:+91-40-23498200 , +91-40-23498400
Address:Post Box No.1, Justice City, Shameerpet, R.R. District, Hyderabad - 500101, Telangana.
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place