- Top Universities offering LLB through Distance Mode: Highlights
- What is LLB through Distance Mode?
- Top Universities offering LLB through Distance Mode
- Top Universities offering LLB through Distance Mode: Eligibility Criteria
- Top Universities offering LLB through Distance Mode: Course Fee
- Top Universities offering LLB through Distance Mode: Syllabus
- Top Universities offering LLB through Distance Mode: Application Process
- Top Universities offering LLB through Distance Mode: Skills Required
- Top Universities offering LLB through Distance Mode: Job Opportunities
- Is Distance LLB Course Recognised by BCI?
For the past few decades, it has been noticed that Correspondence LL.B or Distance LL.B courses have become extremely popular among law aspirants. The LLB courses offered through distance or correspondence mode have provided an opportunity for aspirants to avoid classroom programmes and complete their law courses at home at their preferred time. Students aspiring to study law through correspondence must be aware of the top universities offering LLB through distance mode. An LLB degree is a highly sought-after course for aspirants who want to start their career in legal service. The distance LLB mode helps working professionals, students, housewives, etc. who do not want to sacrifice their careers or studies but want to study law. The LLB course in distance mode is curated in such a way that candidates can finish the course within six semesters.
Quite a few universities are offering LLB through correspondence or distance education mode. The LLB programme in distance education mode offers courses in various law specialisations such as labour law, criminal law, and others. Many aspirants who do not secure a good rank in law entrance exams also opt for distance LLB admission. While there are options for admission to law colleges despite low rank in CLAT, AILET, etc. some students prefer the comfort of a distance or correspondence LLB. Read this article to find out more about top universities offering LLB through distance mode.
Top Universities offering LLB through Distance Mode: Highlights
Before looking for top universities offering LLB through distance mode, law aspirants must consider several factors, including eligibility, course fee, syllabus, subjects, study materials, admission process, scope, and placements. Check below the major highlights of the LLB course offered through distance mode:
Distance LLB Course Particulars
Details of Distance LLB Course
Bachelor in Law (LLB Distance Education)
LLB Distance Education Mode
Distance / Online through video conferencing and the combination of Learning Management System (LMS)
LLB Distance Education Duration
3 years to 5 years
LLB Distance Education Minimum Eligibility
Completed 10 + 2 and Graduation/ Post-graduation
LLB Distance Education Admission Process
LLB Distance Education Average Fees
INR 35,000 – INR 7,00,000 Per Year (Average)
What is LLB through Distance Mode?
Students who are looking for top universities offering LLB through distance mode first need to understand what is the distance mode of education. The distance LLB courses can be completed in 3 years to 5 years. Aspirants who have completed their graduation/ post-graduation degree can study LLB in distance mode if they do not want to attend regular classes. Distance learning can also be termed a correspondence learning method. Through distance learning mode, a student can complete their LLB (Bachelor of Law) degree without going to college full-time. Distance learning courses are also called online learning, e-learning, distributed learning or virtual classroom teaching. The degree can be completed by studying remotely using study materials that are delivered by mail or available on the Internet.
- Online Admission
- Study from your comfort zone
- Availability of online payment facilities
- Submitting online assignments during distance LLB course
Top Universities offering LLB through Distance Mode
The number of universities offering LLB through distance mode is quite a lot in number so, to make things easy, we have listed below the top colleges that provide distance LLB admission:
Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu
Mahatma Gandhi University
Warangal, Andhra Pradesh
Bangalore Law University
Madurai Kamaraj University
Madurai, Tamil Nadu
Directorate of Distance Education
Annamalai Nagar, Tamil Nadu
Alagappa University, Directorate of Distance Education
Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
Indira Gandhi National Open University
New Delhi, Delhi
Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh
New Delhi, Delhi
New Delhi, Delhi
Kurukshetra University, Department of Distance Education
University of Kashmir
Top Universities offering LLB through Distance Mode: Eligibility Criteria
The universities offering LLB through distance mode usually have different criteria for shortlisting candidates for distance LLB. Law aspirants searching for top universities offering LLB through distance mode must be aware of the eligibility of the college in which they desire to study law. We have provided here the basic eligibility criteria for LLB courses offered through distance mode:
- The law aspirant must have completed their 10 + 2 education from a school which belongs to a recognised board like ISC, CBSE or any state board, etc.
- The student should have passed all the subjects in their Class 12th board examinations to pursue LLB in distance mode.
- The aspirant must be a graduate or postgraduate to get admission to the LLB distance program.
- There is no particular specification mentioned regarding the stream or discipline of the student and applications are accepted across all streams.
- Apart from these general eligibility criteria, some LLB distance learning universities or colleges might have a certain set of rules and regulations for selecting candidates for distance LLB. The details of the criteria can be found on the official website of that particular college or university.
Top Universities offering LLB through Distance Mode: Course Fee
Aspirants looking for top universities offering LLB through distance mode should have a fair idea of the course fee for distance LLB. For the distance LLB course, the average fee structure will range from INR 35,000 – to INR 2,00,000 per year. The course fee may, however, vary depending on the college that the candidate selects. The universities offering LLB through distance mode usually select candidates based on their merit. No entrance exam is conducted for admitting students to the law course in distance mode. The colleges or universities offering the LLB course generally have study centres that will help students get guidance regarding their courses.
Top Universities offering LLB through Distance Mode: Syllabus
The top universities offering LLB through distance mode include topics such as labour law, family law, constitutional law, human rights and the law of nations, civil process code, and many other topics in their LLB curriculum. The syllabus for LLB through distance mode is almost the same as the traditional LLB course structure. However, the syllabus may not be the same for all colleges. Find here the general LLB syllabus for distance education mode:
Family Law I
Law of Contract I
Law of Torts including Consumer Protection Law
Law of Crimes
Constitutional Law I
Family Law II
Law of Contract II
Criminal Procedure Code, Juvenile Justice Act, and Probation of Offenders Act
Constitutional Law II
Law of Evidence
Public International Law
Moot Court and Trial Advocacy
Administrative Law and the Regulatory State
Interpretation of Statutes and Judicial Process
Law of Taxation
Civil Procedure Code and Law of Limitation
Labour Law I
Moot Court and Trial Advocacy
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Intellectual Property Rights
Drafting, Pleading and Conveyancing
Human Rights Law and Theory
Law, Poverty and Development
International Trade Law
Professional Ethics and Bar-Bench Relations
Criminology, Penology and Victimology
Dissertation and Project
Banking and Insurance Law
Optional Papers (Anyone)
Banking Law including Negotiable Instruments Act
Top Universities offering LLB through Distance Mode: Application Process
Students who are looking for top universities offering LLB through distance mode need to know the general application process for law colleges. The common steps that have to be followed to get admission to LLB through distance mode in India are given below:
- Go to the official website of the university that you prefer.
- Find the link to the application form which will be provided in either the ‘Notifications’ or the ‘Admissions’ section.
- Go through the general instructions that are officially declared on the college website before proceeding with the LLB application process.
- If the form has to be filled out online, fill and submit it and make the payment of the application fee through net banking or a debit/ credit card.
- If the form submission is done in offline mode, make sure you know the correct address where it has to be sent.
- Most universities accept Demand Draft for paying the application fee offline. In this case, you have to ensure that you draw the Demand Draft in favour of the correct authority.
- Fill in your personal and academic details accurately.
- Attach copies or upload scanned copies of the documents that have been asked to submit.
- Your photograph and signature are also required to be there on the form.
- Check all the entries carefully before you finally submit the form.
- Keep a copy of the application form and its receipt for future use.
Top Universities offering LLB through Distance Mode: Skills Required
Law as a professional path is incredibly demanding, requiring candidates to be well-versed in their subjects and to be willing to work long hours. Those looking for top universities offering LLB through distance mode should be aware of the skills needed to become a law professional. Provided below are the skills needed to study LLB in distance mode:
- Fluency and clarity of speech
- Interest in Research
- Ability to assimilate facts
- Good presentation skills
- Good judgement of the situation/ people
- Convincing power
Top Universities offering LLB through Distance Mode: Job Opportunities
After completing LLB through distance mode, the candidates will get some attractive job opportunities. Those who have completed their LLB degree in distance mode may not be permitted to practise law in courts, however, they can look for jobs in law firms, non-governmental organisations, government institutions, industries, corporate organisations, institutes/ universities, and so on. Some of the best job opportunities after LLB distance education are:
- Teacher & Lecturer
- Law Reporter
- Legal Administrator
- Advocate’s Clerk
- Research Assistant for Advocate
Is Distance LLB Course Recognised by BCI?
It is often a concern for law aspirants if the LLB degree pursued through distance mode will be recognised by the Bar Council of India (BCI). The law schools offering distance LLB courses follow the techniques of regular law courses. As there are a lot of law schools in India that offer LLB through distance mode, candidates need to take admission based on their preference. It is to be noted that pursuing an LLB course in distance mode will not be recognised by the BCI. Hence, to start a career as a lawyer, advocate or magistrate, you need to have a proper LLB degree that you have studied in a regular mode. BCI considers it illegal to offer LLB courses through distance mode, hence, it can be stated that a distance LLB course will have no value.
|Top 10 Private Law Colleges in India: Entrance Exam, Affiliation, & Fees
|Private Law Colleges Accepting LSAT India Scores
|Private Law Colleges in India Accepting CLAT Scores
|Challenges in Pursuing Law
To explore more Top Universities Offering LLB through Correspondence/ Distance Mode, you can either fill out the Common Application Form or dial the toll-free helpline number 1800-572-9877. Our admission experts will be glad to assist you. If you have any queries related to distance education and courses, feel free to drop them in the Q&A zone.
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for more updates!