Courses & Exams
News & Articles
Indian Institute of Technology (IITM CHENNAI) Chennai Placements
Chennai (Tamil Nadu) Estd : 1959 Approved by : AICTE Type : Public
Placements Stats for All Degrees
A. ELIGIBILITY & REGISTRATION
- All students who expect to graduate from the Institute by the end of the academic year and are seeking employment may register for campus placements with this office. Placement Registration is for ONE ACADEMIC YEAR ONLY.
- Registration for all programmes will be done during the month of August.
- MS & PhD scholars’ placement will happen round the year. Their registration will be valid for one year only. They can register by attaching a certificate (NOC) & Abstract in the prescribed format available in the Placement website.
- Students are advised to read the announcements made, go to the company website and apply only if interested.
- Students are expected to follow the Institute resume template available in the placement website for preparing the resumes.
- The details of the resume have to be genuine and any student found violating this rule will be disallowed from the placement for the rest of the academic year.
- Students have to upload and submit their resumes on the website to individual companies well before the deadline. Resume once submitted cannot be modified. DEADLINES WILL NOT BE EXTENDED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.
C. PRE-PLACEMENT TALKS (PPT)
- Notices of the PPT will be published in the placement website well in advance. Students should be seated in the venue 15 minutes before the scheduled start of the PPT.
- Students interested in a particular company can attend its PPT. Attendance for PPT is not compulsory.
- Students must go through the complete selection process of a particular company, once their resumes are uploaded.
D. PLACEMENT PROCESS
- It is the responsibility of the student to check announcements/notices / updated information / shortlisted names etc. on the notice boards of Placement Website. Students are expected to be punctual.
- A student who applies and gets shortlisted is bound to go through the entire selection process unless rejected midway by the company. Any student who withdraws deliberately in the middle of a selection process will be disallowed from placement for the rest of the academic year.
E. PRE-PLACEMENT OFFERS:
- The Placement Office has de-linked Pre-Placement Offers (PPO) from placements. The following rules are applicable to companies that make PPO through the Placement Office.
- In case the student is required to make a decision on the PPO within a specified period (no longer than 10 days), then such a PPO must be made on or before 2nd October.
- In case the PPO is an open offer, then the student will be permitted to participate in the Placement process until the day/session in which the company that has given the PPO is slotted to come to campus. Such a PPO may be offered after 2nd October also.
- The offer of PPO (by the company) and its acceptance (by the student) shall be through placement office only.
- Once a student accepts a PPO, he/she shall be de-registered from placement.
Still have questions about
Indian Institute of Technology
Ask a question and Get the Answers Instantly.ASK A QUESTION
Contact Details of Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai
Address:IIT Madras P.O., Chennai 600036, INDIA