One of the most prestigious institutions in the world for education and research in engineering and earth sciences, ISM offers the cream of the talent in the country. For about eight decades now, ISM has produced many illustrious people who have made the country proud in their chosen fields.
The intake of the ISM is the cream of the talented students every year. The selection processes for the various programs in ISM are very rigorous. IIT-JEE, GATE, and CAT are among the most competitive examinations. Having cleared these tough exams, students go through even tougher academic curriculums. Apart from a strong emphasis on core technical knowledge, the life at ISM also includes character building, cultural activities, literary activities, sports and entrepreneurial activities. The reputed technocultural festival Srijan and alumni union Basant is completely managed and coordinated by the students. This apart from the various departmental festivals, activities, and competitions. These kinds of exposure imbibe both confidence and ability in the students to achieve what they want. No wonder then that the students of ISM have brought laurels to both the Institute and the nation.
1. The companies would be categorized into the following TWO BANDS depending upon the Cost to Company (CTC) offered to the students:
Band A: CTC >= 5 Lacs per annum
Band B: CTC < 5 Lacs per annum
2. In Band B company, a student can take a maximum of two jobs in the following ways:
a) Jobs in Two IT Companies: A student placed in Band B Company can sit for any other company of same Band with higher CTC.
b) Jobs in One IT Company and One Non-IT Company: A student placed in Band B of IT company can sit for any other Non-IT Company of any Band and vice-versa.
3. A student who is placed in Band B Company will be allowed to sit for Band A Company but reverse is not allowed.
4. Over and above a student who has been selected by two companies will not be allowed to sit for any other company.
5. A student may appear for second job in accordance with above clause, but if he/she is selected for the second job, he/she must put down the previous offer on that very day of his/her selection in the second company.
Indian School of Mines
Ask a question and Get the Answers Instantly.ASK A QUESTION
Indian School of Mines News
Contact Details of Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
Contact No:+91-326- 2235001-2235004
Address:Indian School of Mines Dhanbad – 826004, Jharkhand, India