S. S. & L. S. Patkar College of Arts & Science & V. P. Varde College of Commerce & Economics is situated in Mumbai in Maharashtra state of India. Established in 1964, it is accredited from NAAC and it is affiliated to University of Mumbai. Patkar, Mumbai offers 26 courses across 8 streams namely Management, Arts, Commerce / Banking, Sciences, Medical, Engineering, Mass Comm, Others and across 9 degrees like B.Sc., B.Com, B.M.S., B.A., B.M.M..Hostel facility is not available for its students. Additional campus facilities such as Math Lab, Acad. Zone, A/C, AV Lab, Audi, ATM, Boys Hostel, Canteen, Comp. Lab, Counselling are also there.
Sports Grounds 2
Hostel Facility True
Scholarship Available True
- Math Lab
- Acad. Zone
- AV Lab
- Boys Hostel
- Comp. Lab
- Girls Hostel
- Cls. Room
- Resid. Institue
- Resid. std
- Resid. Fac.
Awards and Rankings
- Football Inter-Collegiate Competition at Lala Lajpatrai College: An Intercollegiate football competition was organised by Lala Lajpatrai College wherein 12 colleges from across Mumbai participated. BMS and BMM students of Patkar-Varde College won the 1st Prize in the competition. A Trophy was awarded to the Team.
- TABLE TENNIS – Junior College Boys’ and Girls’ teams participated in Borivali Taluka Tournament, held at Goregaon Sports Club. Our team won the Ist prize in Borivali Taluka. They also participated in District Division Competition held at Panvel.
Akash Pawaskar (F.Y.J.C. Commerce) was selected for State Championship to be held at Pune Balewadi.
The Junior College Girls’ Team participated in Borivali Taluka and secured the Ist place. They also got IInd place in District Competition. Sanjana Chaudhary (S.Y.J.C. Science) was selected for State Level Table Tennis Competition DSO.
- Indian People’s Theatre Association (IPTA): Congratulations to our students Appa Sawant and Shubham Dabholkar for being awarded Certificates of Merit for their performance in the play Waiting for Godot, at the 45th Inter-Collegiate Drama Competition organised by the Indian People’s Theatre Association (IPTA), on September 29, 2016.
- Indian National Theatre: The College entry for this Marathi One-Act Play Competition was titled ‘In the Pursuit of Family’, directed by Aniket More and written by Vivek Kadam.
- Indian People's Theatre Association: The College entry for this Hindi One-Act Play Competition was titled ‘Artificial Intelligence’. This play was one of the five finalists. IPTA is considered to be the best platform for showcasing the histrionic abilities of college students. Ms. Maithilee Modak was awarded the Consolation Prize for her performance.
- "Congratulations to Mr. Devrao S. Kapse for being part of the contingent chosen to represent India at the 5th Asian Beach Games Da Nang, Viet Nam, held between September 24 and October 3, 2016. We are immensely proud of Mr. Kapse!"
- Congratulations to Mr. Vishal Goswami, winner of the ‘Prof. M. S. Sodha Quiz Competition’, in the ‘International Conference on Plasma Science, Technology & Application 2016’, held at Amity University Lucknow Campus, January 20 and 21, 2016.
- Congratulations to Mr. B. B. Suryawanshi on completing his Doctorate on the topic "Role of Local Self Government (Z. P.'s) in Economics Development of Backward Class People: A Study with Reference to Latur District", from the Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University, Nanded. He was awarded the degree in the Viva Voce held on April 7, 2015.
The College has a Placement Cell which looks after the placement of the students. The Placement Cell will be arranging for campus placement whenever any organization approaches the Institute. Depending upon the requirements of the Company the corresponding details of the students will be provided.
One of the features recently added is the link to the India Career Portal.
Contact Details of S. S. & L. S. Patkar College of Arts & Science & V. P. Varde College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai
Address:S. V. Road, Goregaon West, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India- 400062