Get details on Fee, Cut off marks, admission process for session 2019.
B.Tech Merit Scholarship
- A scholarship of 40% of the tuition fee amount is awarded to top 5% B. Tech students in a batch based on the CGPA achieved in the previous semester.
- The scholarship is awarded from the 2nd semester onwards up to the 8th semester.
- To be eligible the student must secure a CGPA of 8.5 or above.
- A student receiving the scholarship for the entire duration of the programme starting from the 2nd semester shall be awarded a certificate of merit.
B.Tech Merit cum Means Scholarship
- A scholarship of 40% of the tuition fee amount is awarded to up to 5% of the B. Tech students in every batch who come under the non-creamy layer and are able to maintain a CGPA of 7.0 or above.
- The scholarship is awarded from the 2 nd semester onwards up to the 8th semester.
- Annual Income of the parents should not exceed 4.5 lacs per annum.
- Starting from Spring Semester 2014 till Spring Semester 2015, total 40 students have been awarded this scholarship. Selection process for Spring Semester 2016 is ongoing.
The Institute issues MHRD Scholarship to M. Tech Students as per the norms of MHRD Scholarship.
The Institute issues MHRD Scholarship to Ph. D Students as per the norms of MHRD Scholarship
NIT Meghalaya believes that no students should be deprived of education irrespective of their financial status or societal status. For this, NIT Meghalaya awards scholarships to its meritorious students. Some of the scholarships NIT Meghalaya provides are:
Chinese Government Scholarship:
- For a scholarship to undergraduate programmes, candidates must be high school graduates under the age of 25.
- For masters degree, applicants must be bachelor’s degree-holders under the age of 35.
- For Doctoral programmes, applicants must be master’s degree-holders under the age of 40.
- Candidates must be having 60% mark in the required qualification.
- Applications of candidates who are abroad will not be considered.
How to Apply:
- Applicants have to apply online through the official portal of the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- Applicants are also required to apply online simultaneously through the official website of the China Scholarship Council.
Rajarshi Shaju Maharaj Merit Scholarship:
- Students should belong to the scheduled caste.
- She/he should be a resident of Maharashtra.
- Annual family income of the family of the applicant should be less than 4.50 lakhs.
- Applicants must be studying in reputed institutions scheduled by the state.
- The awardee students are given full tuition fee including hostel and mess charges prescribed by the institution.
- Selected candidates are also awarded Rs. 10,000 per annum for notebooks, books and other educational requirements.
Interested in this college?
Top 10 Engineering Colleges in India View All
Contact Details of National Institute of Technology, Shillong
Address:Bijni Complex, Laitumkhrah, Shillong-793003, Meghalaya, India