- Articles byStream
8 Ways To Stay Healthy During College Life
If ‘Health is Wealth’ then it first holds good to students.
As a healthy mind and body can better explore knowledge. College days are the best phase of one's life where you learn to grow, become independent, manage life well even after keeping focus on studies simultaneously. But what is the use of having fun or keeping memories cherished if you are not fit and healthy! Keeping your health at its best will make you enjoy college days to its maximum and cherish memories forever. Staying healthy in college becomes mandatory as being unhealthy would not help you concentrate on studies or other activities. Also, it might lead you to diseases or deficiencies in body.
Here are 8 steps that could help you stay healthy during college days!
1. Morning Vows: Good Morning! Yes, your day must begin by waking up early and either going for a brisk walk or walking barefoot on the dew drops in the park. Getting involved in some activity classes might also keep you healthy and wise. Exercises, yoga, gym, swimming among others are healthy habits one can follow during college days.
2. Breakfast: You should never skip your morning meal since it is the only meal that you have after a long break of 6-7 hours post dinner. Morning sprouts keep you fresh and helps in active and healthy metabolism. Skipping breakfast would keep you empty stomach for a longer time which ultimately affects in your health and studies.
3. Breaks and fun: In between college lectures, you should take breaks and have some fun with friends. This keeps your brain healthy and alert which finally helps you in learning easily and study effectively. You can participate in short college activities like debates or puzzle competition to relax your mind.
4. Short Getaways: After college hours you can participate in extra curricular activities, join classes for self development or take a ride to the nearest spot in the suburbs of the town. Every city has its own charm so you just need to find out and visit it to get peace of mind and stay healthy.
5. Healthy Food: Avoiding junks and spicy food will keep you stay healthy and strong. Eat fresh fruits and binge on green leafy vegetables instead of hot boiling wai-wai or late night pizzas. Include carbs and proteins in your diet to get a healthy and toned body. Even though you sometimes crave for homemade food, remember not to skip your hostel food.
6. Fluid Intake: Gallons of water should be drunk everyday. Water purifies your body and releases toxins from within. It keeps your body detoxified and makes you stay away from diseases. Fruits and vegetable juice is also beneficial for health which keeps you hydrated throughout the day.
7. Stay Away from Pollution: Wear pollution masks to avoid pollutants affecting your health. Stay away from pollution especially when you are travelling on roads. Breathing in fresh air keeps you healthy and free of diseases.
8. Staying clean and happy: Cleanliness affects your health and this is true since personal hygiene is must to prevent diseases and stay healthy at any cost. Washing your hands before and after meal, taking bath regularly and dress accordingly to welcome good health.
So, dear students, what are you pondering upon? Smile and let go things that do not make you happy. Follow these above ways and enjoy your college days!!
The Goa Institute of Management (GIM) selects students on the basis of scores secured by a candidate in either XAT, ...
Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore - the conducting body of Common Admission Test or CAT 2016 has released ...